Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy spawn locations, osprey multishot, ogris still a damage cone w/o implemented cover

WolvenEdge

Moved from mission feedback.

I've been helping a newer player through the planetary system, and watching a lower-equipped player struggling has yielded some interesting notes... mostly in the realm of suddenly being on fire out of nowhere, insta-deaths when trying to do as certain enemy mobs demand, and sudden swarming due to being spawned on top of.

I'll explain.

In crossfire missions of any kind vs. Grineer;
One can suddenly find themselves taking damage from no source at all, often being set on fire. No fire trap, no enemies nearby, no sniping Napalm units, nothing except a Scorch unit in the next room that just happened to be spraying in your general direction. The cone is massive, and the damage ticks and status seem to have nothing blocking them at all; cover is worthless, being a room or two over is worthless... you're still hit, you're still on fire, and at that distance the cone is near inescapable, so parkour where available is nigh useless.

In any mission vs. Corpus that's of significant level and enemy spawn;
Corpus bubbly nutters, everywhere. Not so much the Nullifiers in this case, the sapping ospreys. They're everywhere, dropping massive amounts of their aoe-damage bubbles, that a newer player can't even approach to disable. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but I've been noting a disturbing trend with them when I've encountered them alone, one of me to one of them. When they toss down a grenade, I kill the Osprey, then wait for the grenade to hit the ground, and shoot it. I use a bow, there should only be ONE damage number, but I'm often seeing anywhere from three to five, from one grenade drop of one osprey. Not too much to deal with for anyone who has decent mods for survivability on their frame, but for a newer player, even one of these ospreys becomes a powerful obstacle, as stepping into that bubble is a literal death trap.
For both Nullifiers and any kind of Osprey, their spawn locations seem dependent entirely on the host. If I get much of any distance from the player I'm mentoring, she finds herself absolutely swarmed out of nowhere as these enemies literally spawn on top of her. Some infested units can catch one by surprise, but I watched her step into an empty room and run out as a couple dozen damage bubbles showed up from the room, closely followed by several Sapping Ospreys and a nullifier shortly afterward.

I understand that the current focus of the game is making it difficult enough that higher-leveled players aren't getting bored, but we do still need to keep in mind that there are new playerss coming into the game, and they are encountering these same increases of difficulty even in lower leveled missions. If these are bugs, I request they be looked into (I know that the enemy Ignis was supposedly fixed recently, I assure you that it still ignores obstacles), if they are working as intended, I request that they be looked into further, and/or limited to higher level play, so that newer players aren't swarmed and the deaded the instant they're more than a dozen steps behind the host.
I thank you for your attention, and hope that this is delt with soon.

Sapping Osprey grenade number from one drop, single arrow from bow. Number of damage notes is thus equal to the number of grenades deployed/destroyed by one osprey's single grenade drop.
5FFE2495EBACB1277043C4386DCD8C39A2634688