Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One Faction Spawning In Another's Missions

Grilleds

This is a cool mechanic, but it feels a little unfinished, more than the rest of the game (apart from stealth).

Probably the most glaring issue is that the original faction stops spawning immediately, so instead of having an epic 3 way battle going on, you instead end up walking in on the invading enemy having epic shootouts with the walls they happen to be standing next to. Now don't get me wrong, I'm very aware of the clear and present danger that walls represent, but its a little... Hilarious, and I'd rather see them actually fighting something. Hell I'd take them just completely displacing the other faction over them just standing around shooting at walls.

I'd like it if the defending faction still spawned in small numbers to give the impression that they are fighting a losing battle, rather than them just outright disappearing and the invading faction shooting at their walls for the rest of the mission. You could even outright up the spawn-rate of enemies to keep the difficulty about the same.

What do the rest of you think?

So you never saw Grineer fighting Infested in a Capture-objective chamber, or Corpus fighting the Grineer troops who invaded their ship? It's awesome.

But yeah, change in enemy generation shouldn't be all-or-nothing. I still want to see Corpus Tech vs Grineer Heavy Gunner three chambers after it switched to Grineer enemies.

i haven't seen this in a while. I want it to happen more often than the hazard conditions. I'd love for it to happen in defense missions too! (you get twice as many enemies per wave, but they also kill oneanother so lol)

More spawning enemies, yes!

i haven't seen this in a while. I want it to happen more often than the hazard conditions. I'd love for it to happen in defense missions too! (you get twice as many enemies per wave, but they also kill oneanother so lol)

More spawning enemies, yes!

Wouldn't twice as many enemies in defense missions possibly cause some slowdown on older computers?

@_Rue_

Enemies are unable to invade during the defense missions.

The simple reason? Think how easy a defense would suddenly become when the enemies start killing each other in the spawn rooms.

It is possible for the conditions to occur though, such as in Killiken I saw the floating infested particles and all the signs of infested, but they were unable to spawn as it was a Corpus defense mission.

Im actually glad that it cant happen because then it turns those defense missions into a joke. Just like if the corpus do a lock down in their mobile defense missions.

Edited by Tsukinoki