Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

First time submitting anything like this!

Love playing the game and how you guys give us a chance as a community to do things like this.

vCQNZWh.jpg

Faction: Grineer 

Brief Description:

This is the Grineer executioner axe Gorsear. It uses a heavy blade stance like Scindo. Has innate heat and slash as its primary damage, low critical chance, but high status. The unique effect of this blade is that doing a solo heavy attack, it will launch a seeker mine onto the ground that will hunt down hiding enemies on the tile set and latch on with a 3 second timer and detonate for blast and equipped elemental damage.

Edited by (XB1)BlizzardWolf 47
  • Like 1

Warshgrim

Grip: Heavy Blade

A Greneer weapons developer was watching security footage of an attack. It would seem that his brothers would explode in a shower of blood and visera with no assailant to be seen. There for nearly a second and gone the next he saw the warframe. In that brief window he caught a glimpse of a weapon that was used as a blade and a gun. Such destructive power with only one weapon. He would make one bigger and better.

(Melee alt fire to release explosive volley)

luke_gun_commission_02_by_pailknight-db4

On 3/3/2017 at 3:22 PM, MissMarifire said:

Strike fear into your enemies with the Bonkrut, a puncture-based staff. There is an alternative slash-based design for the Bonkrut as well, as seen here:

lvdlPbO.jpg

Due to disagreements between those who I brainstorm concepts with and I, I've decided to scrap my original submission.

Reveal hidden contents

Hunt your prey with the Tamabuki, a Tenno throwing weapon based on the Bola, utilizing the Bladewhip stance.

For some background, a Bola is a type of throwing weapon consisting of multiple weights tied together. It typically isn't used to kill; it's used to capture wild animals. However, it has been known that the Mapuche and the Inca Army were known to use the Bola as a type of weapon.

Reveal hidden contents

Bola_(PSF).jpg

The Tamabuki works like this: Using your melee button will cause the player to hit any nearby enemies. Holding melee will cause the player to throw the Tamabuki at a targeted enemy. Incapacitating the enemy, it will allow you and your squad to senselessly beat the life out of them.

SwBpy0z.png

EDIT: WIP Design. Please note that the length between the right handle and the left handle is not absolute; it was shortened to keep the concept drawing compact. The ropes themselves are decorated with energy, giving an interesting look to them.

xbqfGYe.png

Please bear with me, as the actual design is very work-in-progress, and I wanted to post my general idea first before the finished design. I'll have a more completed design soon.

I've updated my submission.

Name: Nikana Halberd

Faction: Tenno

Heavyblade Stance, Polearm Grip

A Heavyblade Halberd of the Nikana family, it has an Alt Fire which changes its form, altering its Range and Speed.  The Default, Starting, Shorter Form is the faster form.  It has a Speed of 1.6 and the approximate Range of the Heavyblade "Gram". The Alt Fire Longer Form has a Speed of 0.9 and the approximate Range (or just under) of the Polearm "Orthos Prime".

untitled_by_crowmoxie-db41c5r.jpg

Okay, before this post is closed I'd better upload my idea...

Naga

Faction: Tenno

Holster / Type: Polearm

Inspiration: Chinese Pudao / Personal earlier artwork

Description: The Naga is a nimble, deadly polearm with a unique mechanic, which I'll explain in a second. It is based off of a traditional chinese weapon - the pudao. It features a thin, decorated blade and mutliple forged details. Unfortunately there was no time to color it, so feel free to imagine your own colors.

Mechanic: Naga features a special attack, that makes its wielder an even deadlier opponent. While channling, every enemy hit by the Naga will build up a percentage of its unique buff 'unite'. When fully charged, perform a ground-slam (or charged attack, I'm not sure about that...) to give yourself and allies in range a shield that blocks off damage and gives a defensive stat-increase for a few seconds.

Alright, let's see how this works out...

Good luck to everyone, there are some amazing concepts in here! <3

osjO6O3.jpg

Name: Mutalist Spectra

Faction: Corpus/Infested

Type: Gunblade

Brief Description: A Spectra modified by an Infested organism. Fires a long range proboscis to steal the life force from its targets, forcing the target to bleed after the initial attack. The original beam is now an energy blade, dealing radiation and puncture damage from due to its unstable nature.

NPl4BKS.png

Faction/Stance: Tenno Rapier

Name: Surea (Arabic, meaning speed)

lXKMyAx.jpg (A very simple concept drawing. An artist I am not.)

"This light sabre is the Tenno of distinction's weapon of choice for inflicting massive lacerations."

There's only one rapier in Warframe right now, and I think that that's an unfortunate state of affairs. Therefore, I am submitting the Surea, a light fencing sabre focused on slash damage and slash procs. The Surea functions similarly to the Destreza, with a greater focus on speed and status as opposed to crit and damage. 

Damage: 50 (47 slash, 3 piercing), Attack Speed 1.1, Critical Chance 5% (x2), Status Chance 20%

Surea also functions differently in regards to the Combo Counter than other weapons. Each increment increases damage by 25%, but also increases Attack Speed and gives additional status chance.

Name : Wisoga

Brief description: Instead of operating like a firearm, this gunblade divides its edges to form a crossbow before shooting. Blades deal mainly slash damage, while arrows deal mostly puncture. Instead of scaling the number of rounds depending on the combo, Wisoga shoots a single arrow per shot, which has scaling critical chance and/or damage.

Concept art:

Spoiler

h9tIXrt.png

Faction: Infested

Name: Morbus (Disease in latin)

Grip: Split-Sword (Dual Bladed Staff/Dual Sword)

Brief Description: Morbus is a infested dual bladed scythe that could be used as a Dual Bladed Staff (like Anku) - or split in a Dual Kama-ish Dual Sword with respective Stance. It's design concept is inspired by the old Ether beauties and the Nidus ability to evolve and be more powerful as it stacks combos.

It deals primarily Slash damage, with a high critical chance, but when it caps 100 kills (or 2.0x, 4.0x combo?) it mutates, growing infected spikes out of it's exo-shell, and dealing Virus procs whenever it lands a critical hit.

Original Artwork:

Third and Final Concept (Blades - mutaded and normal states)

V6FdwtA.png

First Concept (Still the way I intended the handle to be, just forget the blade design):

aoUqlm6.png

Commentary: I intended to do a better concept artwork but unfortunatelly my skills and the college didn't leave me the chance to do something better :[

About the grip type, it would be really nice to see a Split-Sword action actually happening ingame, like pressing R3, or whatever is Alt-Fire in PC, and seeing your Tenno split your weapon in half, or joining it in one.

Item Name: Kopis and Aspis

Artwork:

Version w/ a lot of details:

Spoiler

Final_Design_Summary.png

Version w/ little details:

Spoiler

Final_Design_Summary_no_text.png

Grip Type: Sword and Shield (S&S)

Stances Useable: S&S and Rapier Stances

Damage:

Puncture/Slash: 20

Radiation: 70

Slam attack: 90

Slide attack:180

Wall attack: 180

Stats:

Attack speed: 1.1

Status Chance: 30%, 5%

Crit Chance: 30%, 5%

Crit Damage: 2.5x, 1.5x

Special effects/abilities:

The physical damage will change for the type of stance used; puncture for Rapier stances, slash for S&S. Status and Crit will swap their focus in conjunction with stance used; Status for S&S, Crit for Rapiers. When equipped, your Warframe suffers a penalty to the maximum energy capacity of either 25 or 50 (depending upon whichever better balances with its high weapon damage).

Edited by Mandalore_of_Kaos
Did not use correct urls for images.

Name purger

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0hcyzmKwMRaVVpRSHo4NFBVUjA/view?usp=drivesdk

Polearm weapon(Infested version of orthos)

Faction infested

Viral based damage

Every other spin attack causes viral damage 

If nidus equips purger the weapons damage is increased by 1.5 

Base damage 150 viral damage, with nidus 225 viral damage

Attack speed 1.25

Reach is 5m

If it lands a crit the users health will regenerate by 2.5% of max health  per second for 5 seconds 

Nidus infected the orthos to create the perfect infested weapon. only when drawn by does the weapon reach full strength.

Edited by the-brutal-joker
Missed info

This Heavy Blade compensates for its short range with a set of grappling hooks that tear into a target's body or armour to pull them in close enough for a devastating blow. If the first blow is not fatal, the grappling hooks being ripped from the target will often cause a puncture proc. Though the Baku is slow to swing, it often crits due to its sheer weight; the deep cuts are not elegant, but they hit major organs and get the job done.

The Baku grapples and rips things in half, my friends.

ContestHostStructure

ContestHostHGuard

Stance: Sword (Dakra)

1st pic gives shape, 2nd is hand guard.

Description: Hand guard has bone-like structure. Under skull is organic mass. From the mouth hangs an umbilical-like appendage that penetrates wrist. Channeling drains health. Above is a cartilage structure like a Mohawk. Razor sharp, but flexible. Channel guarding causes blade to flex as shield, increasing damage resistance. Channeling causes the eyes to open, glows energy color.

Additional Comments: Considered adding horns that cause impact on slam and puncture on return swings. I opted to exclude, believing it to add too many unique perks to a single weapon. If this idea interests you, feel free to incorporate.

Well, this kind of got out of controll...

The Spear-Ribs

Grip-type: Sword & Shield

Description: The spear and shield use a combination of crowd-controlling shield-bashes and fast furrys of spear stabs. The Spear can be thrown (Javlok-Style, new raise Animation requiered), but this limites the user to slow, low damage shield bashes until the spear can be recovered.

8SfhJNg.jpg

End of Submission.

Lore: The spear and shield are made from the spine and rib-cage of a fallen infested (maybe Ancient?). In an effort to keep the biomass in service, the remnants of the creature were molded into living weapons. The spear was made form the spine and this allowes it to bend and flex while beeing swung, in order to strike the enemy in the perfect spot. The spear can be stored in the middle of the shield. The shield attaches itself to the user with it's 4 little grabby things on the back.

Personal Notes: I kind of suck at drawing infested, just make it look really disgusting and damaged (Like the spine was ripped out of the creature) and infested, not so skeletal. It would be cool to have something like a shield-charge (Activated by pressing Block + Sprint?), that allowes the user to push enemys out of the way. If the above is too much, just take the spear and make it throwable like the Javlok (And give us a real spear stance, focused on stabing things with the pointy end, not wide swings)

Edited by grownpeace
Added additional information

I've seen some great posts but hopefully I can at least be considered. A lot of thought went into this.

-Faction: Corpus

-Description: 'Lycrex' (Blade and whip); "Torn from a Corpus Quadroped; this repurposed appendage terrorizes enemies at range, and shreds up close."

-Art: (Drawn by Grace Hoffmann) (apologies for crappy post, cannot access on a pc, so this is the best I can do >.< hopefully this does not affect my chances of winning)

• Devorator
  • Faction - Tenno
  • Grip Type - Scythe(Stalking Fan/Reaping Spiral)
  • Description: Devorator is an energy scythe originally designed for Nekros. The scythe was infused with the souls collected by the Necromancer himself resulting in a demonic weapon made to collect souls and "dig holes". 

cl8en9E.png

name: valuk.

grip: staff

faction: grineer

the valuk is a harpoon grineer staff, that deals same amounts of puncture and slash damage.

the harpoon have two sides a puncture side and a slash side, also the valuk have and special charge attack that trow the slash side catching 3 enemies, 

The trapped enemies will not be able to move, when you press the right click to cover to you, the enemies will be pulled to your side and they will be able to be attacked to melee.

also the traped enemies will recive 5% of the total slash damage that have the weapon, If you move about 8 meters away from the targets trapped, they will begin to be pulled and receive a 50% of the total slash damage.

when you use the charge atack the normal mele attacks will only be puncture.

KiNVFPV.png

mecanics and colors explain image.

Spoiler

C9sYHIj.png

recomended stats:

puncture: 60

slash: 60

attack speed 1.09

critical chance: 20%

critical mult: 2.5

status chance:15%

alternative no lore frienly skin: