Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PeaceMaker Question

Allmantor

Question

I was looking at the mesa shoot in slow motion and it seems the pistols actually have quite a bit of recoil. I was wondering if Steady Hands fects that.  Seeing as the PeaceMaker pistols actually shoot in volleys of sorts that stop and start again when the recoil of the weapon goes down, it follows that Steady Hands should increase the fire rate no? Of course, if just upgrading fire rate makes the mesa shoot faster then maybe recoil will only be diminished and nothing beyond that will change; Either way, I think it would be interesting to know.

5 answers to this question

The focus ring mechanic that is used when Peacemaker is activated is very different from the aiming reticle that is normally in place when you shoot your weapons.  The focus ring isn't effected by recoil so Steady Hands won't make a difference.  Adding mods that increase fire rate (and the buff from Dual Toxocysts while it is in effect) will make Peacemaker fire faster but Peacemaker won't be effected by changes in recoil since there isn't any to begin with even though the animations used when it's firing might make it seem that way.

3 hours ago, Arcainyx said:

The focus ring mechanic that is used when Peacemaker is activated is very different from the aiming reticle that is normally in place when you shoot your weapons.  The focus ring isn't effected by recoil so Steady Hands won't make a difference.  Adding mods that increase fire rate (and the buff from Dual Toxocysts while it is in effect) will make Peacemaker fire faster but Peacemaker won't be effected by changes in recoil since there isn't any to begin with even though the animations used when it's firing might make it seem that way.

I did say that it might not affect Peacemaker at all in terms of performance; I was mainly wondering if it affected the animation at all.