Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Ultimate For Ash..

Tengu_Bruxo

Hey everyone,

I’ve expressed an Idea in a few post now.. so I decided to flesh it out a bit more, and post it as its own thread. This way I can get feedback and see if it would be a viable choice for Ash in the future. :)

Ash’s Blade Storm ability is a very cool concept.. but, from my experience animating something of this nature can be a nightmare. (I’m a Tech illustrator/Sim designer for Kawasaki..) So I came up with an idea that might help with the bug issue, as well as the animation issue.. this way, Ash wouldn’t become stuck within Blade Storm, and he wouldn’t risk falling through the title set.

“Shadow/Smoke Clones or Clone”: (Either Ash creates enough clones for each target, or he creates one Clone that pops around the title set destroying targets) I’m currently leaning towards a single clone. This way, if more than one Ash is in the group, it would be less confusing, and stressful for the engine to render all the duplicates.

Energy cost: 100

• Shadow Clones each deal damage of 500/625/900/1225 damage. This damage ignores armor. This is increased by Power Strength (Focus).
  • Cost to equip of 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 which is then halved by the Polarity slot, rounded up.
  • Hits up to 8 / 8 / 10 / 13 enemies once within an estimated 20 meter radius of your initial target, visibility of subsequent enemies is not required. This range is affected by Power Range (Stretch).
  • Shadow Clones will not go beyond the map tile of the initial target.
  • Initial targeting range is approximately 50 meters in-game, this range cannot be improved. A small portion of the target must be in line of sight.
  • Ash becomes Invisible for the duration until the maximum amount of enemies has been reached or it fails to find any more within range.
  • Registers as 1500 damage to Infested Crawlers and 3000 damage to Corpus Moa as well as Infested Runner, Charger and Leaper.
  • Can be used in the air.
  • Can be used even when the Glaive has not returned to the player.

This way, Ash wouldn’t be stuck within the animation, which would allow him to either re-position, or start attacking targets that the clone was unable to reach. (the invisibility effect would function similar to smoke bomb).  

I feel this ability still fits with the frame, and adds a bit of flavor..

on a side note.. I was thinking about Loki’s invisibility and how it seems a bit redundant in comparison of these two frames.  Maybe instead of Loki becoming invisible.. he instead takes on the appearance of a nearby enemy which would allow him to run around attacking targets without them being the wiser.. (basically it would function normally, he just wouldn’t be invisible.. ) anyway, just a few ideas that I’ve been thinking about.

Edited by Tengu_Bruxo

Hey everyone,

I’ve expressed an Idea in a few post now.. so I decided to flesh it out a bit more, and post it as its own thread. This way I can get feedback and see if it would be a viable choice for Ash in the future. :)

Ash’s Blade Storm ability is a very cool concept.. but, from my experience animating something of this nature can be a nightmare. (I’m a Tech illustrator/Sim designer for Kawasaki..) So I came up with an idea that might help with the bug issue, as well as the animation issue.. this way, Ash wouldn’t become stuck within Blade Storm, and he wouldn’t risk falling through the title set.

“Shadow/Smoke Clones or Clone”: (Either Ash creates enough clones for each target, or he creates one Clone that pops around the title set destroying targets) I’m currently leaning towards a single clone. This way, if more than one Ash is in the group, it would be less confusing, and stressful for the engine to render all the duplicates.

Energy cost: 100

• Each strike deals 1000 / 1000 / 1000 / 1000. Increased by Power Strength (Focus).
  • Cost to equip of 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 which is then halved by the Polarity slot, rounded up.
  • Hits up to 8 / 8 / 10 / 13 enemies once within an estimated 20 meter radius of your initial target, visibility of subsequent enemies is not required. This range is affected by Power Range (Stretch).
  • Initial targeting range is approximately 50 meters in-game, this range cannot be improved. A small portion of the target must be in line of sight.
  • Ash becomes Invisible for the duration until the maximum amount of enemies has been reached or it fails to find any more within range.
  • Registers as 1500 damage to Infested Crawlers and 3000 damage to Corpus Moa as well as Infested Runner, Charger and Leaper.
  • Can be used in the air.
  • Can be used even when the Glaive has not returned to the player.

This way, Ash wouldn’t be stuck within the animation, which would allow him to either re-position, or start attacking targets that the clone was unable to reach. (the invisibility effect would function similar to smoke bomb).  

I feel this ability still fits with the frame, and adds a bit of flavor..

on a side note.. I was thinking about Loki’s invisibility and how it seems a bit redundant in comparison of these two frames.  Maybe instead of Loki becoming invisible.. he instead takes on the appearance of a nearby enemy which would allow him to run around attacking targets without them being the wiser.. (basically it would function normally, he just wouldn’t be invisible.. ) anyway, just a few ideas that I’ve been thinking about.

Brother in Arms, if you would be so kindly and place down some draft, this could be elaborated, really :)

One "add" suggestion.

On the pop up of the shadow clones, quite simple, ash does the animation similar to smoke bomb, and then "you/our" ash crouches and stays immobile for the duration. Since i dislike the idea of using an Ultimate and running around like a free bird, tbt you're using a high tech skill, so you need at least a bit of concentration.

Now, question about the shadow clones, do they, appear all at the same time, and strike the enemy coordinated, or, like normal bladestorm, 1 pop up, and goes mob hunting?

I approve spawning 13 shadow clones for 1 simultaneous strike (at max level)

PS: Keep the thread only for ash, otherwise, offtopic post will pop up, and the thread can go outcourse

Edited by Endrance

One "add" suggestion.

On the pop up of the shadow clones, quite simple, ash does the animation similar to smoke bomb, and then "you/our" ash crouches and stays immobile for the duration. Since i dislike the idea of using an Ultimate and running around like a free bird, tbt you're using a high tech skill, so you need at least a bit of concentration.

Now, question about the shadow clones, do they, appear all at the same time, and strike the enemy coordinated, or, like normal bladestorm, 1 pop up, and goes mob hunting?

PS: Keep the thread only for ash, otherwise, offtopic post will pop up, and the thread can go outcourse

I don't see a point since they are already working on changing Bladestorm animation, which would likely include fixing the known bug. I don't see any changes to it coming anytime soon, and i am against any changes to this ability

One "add" suggestion.

I like that suggestion.

Either one would be fine for the spawning of the clones/clone. The reason for the single Clone was to ease the pressure on the engine when it comes to rendering..  I was thinking that the new line of animations that DE is currently working on could be used for the Clone itself. If it was multiple Clones, that I feel they would use the same attack in perfect unison.

here's another suggetion

instead of just hit an enemy, can we also make Ash perfome a Epic kill animation? i got 4 of them

1/ Back slash: cut enemy in half ( from belly)

2/ Air slash: cut enemy in half (from head to toe)

3/ Front Charge: Blow enemy away

4/ Uper cut: leave a hole on enemy 

Ash already backstabs kill with Baldestrom like in the official Ps4 Trailer. As long as you're using a certain typo of dual weapon. I use Dual Ether Daggers atm.

Quite OP animation though

k, but you (no not you, the other you) DID ask for it :D

Edited by Doforcash

k, but you (no not you, the other you) DID ask for it :D

Hahah, i have to admit, that even though we have a different animation atm depending on weapon (normal slash and the dual wield one), i would really love the OP suggestion of the shadow clones.

I'm a human being, I want awesomeness on my character!! :p

1/ Back slash: cut enemy in half ( from belly)

2/ Air slash: cut enemy in half (from head to toe)

3/ Front Charge: Blow enemy away

4/ Uper cut: leave a hole on enemy 

like in the call trailer :o

that's right bro :D.... but not like that, it take too long, each took about like 1 sec

Edited by Doforcash

Shadow Clone would actually be interesting, but you do lose the invincibility that Blade storm offers but having 2 to 3 clones helping you out to kill the enemy and aggroing their attention is kinda neat.

I was thinking that Ash could go invisible when he uses this ability.. not sure if that's to OP.. that would free him up to move around if needed.. or melee something that's close by..

i like the idea tho still would like instead of flat 1000 dmg to be higher by 100 per level since u are stabing ther vital its expected to do massive dmg (compared to saryn ult which absolutely kills everything that comes in contact)

also be nice to have a small % of a insta kill (like a heart stab or brain)

Edited by luanle21

i like the idea tho still would like instead of flat 1000 dmg to be higher by 100 per level since u are stabing ther vital its expected to do massive dmg (compared to saryn ult which absolutely kills everything that comes in contact)

also be nice to have a small % of a insta kill (like a heart stab or brain)

I like that.

But if the damage scaled like that, it would be the most damaging Ultimate in the game..

Here is my Idea:

so the damage line would read.

Shadow Clones each deal damage of 500/625/900/1225 damage. This damage ignores armor. This is increased by Power Strength (Focus). 

This puts him online with Banshee

Edited by Tengu_Bruxo

Why? Why? Why?

I like the overall concept, but this is just stupid; and also one of the design flaws of the current BS.

i agree with the clone aspect , now with the animations ash ulty look cool , but ITS REALLY SLOW TO KILL 13 ENNEMIS when you can see a rhino stomp the ground and 20+ ennemies blew up in 1 second !

( about the epic mooves , my ash stabed the face of a greener with my kunai one time that was awesome :) but after that , i got stuck in the air and died  ... )

Why? Why? Why?

I like the overall concept, but this is just stupid; and also one of the design flaws of the current BS.

Most of the Ults function this way.. which is why I kept it.. Do you have a suggestion? I would be more than happy to hear it. :)