Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

minimap must show more information in Jordas Verdict

KAHO16

Especially in phase 3, inside of Jordas Golem.

Minimap just shows me the location of Golem Nerve(using A/B/C marker),

but there is no single information about location of antiserum vaporizer, button, hacking panel, and ESOPHAGE.

Of course, I think that challenging raid missions are good.
I think it needs some difficulty in a raid mission.
But what I just mentioned is not "difficulty", but just "inconvenience".

Infested tileset has a terrain that is harder to understand than other tilesets, and the Jordas Golem's interior also uses infested tilesets.
Furthermore, in order to destroy Nerve from inside of Golem, we have to use esophage, and we have to go through a different path in the same map to destroy Nerve three times.
Of course, while destroying each Nerve, we can still activate a switch that enters a different path, which is considered a trap.

However, the confusing mini-map (which does not represent elevation difference) does not tell us anything about it. Even Lotus does not say anything.

Beginners are very confused as they experience this, and they have no choice but to find solutions through non-game elements (Walkthrough video or Wikipedia page).
I think this is an obvious "inconvenience."

I think several traps are needed in raid mission to give some difficulty, but at the same time I think hints to get them out are also available in the game.

And I think I should be able to get these hints through a mini-map or a Lotus communication message.

When hacking a Panel, I think elements such as which objects interact, what objects are exposed and hidden, and which doors are opened should appear in the minimap.

Edited by KAHO16
Title expression changed to 'must' (was should)

Yeah, I don't know how much should be shown (UI clutter, removing difficulty concerns as well), but there needs to be some amount of clarity here. After 1 or 2 runs I can orchestrate a LoR/NM raid no problem.

After doing a few JVs, while the parts prior to the nerves are pretty easy to get a grip of (orienting yourself is just harder with the archwing), the nervers are completely non-intuitive. I've done it as part of a group a few times, and still have no idea of what to do in there. There needs to be more logical progression. Better pathing (can see a progression of rooms, etc to get to the nerve), easier markers to see for the nerve (never even noticed it had one), would all be good.