Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Issues Connecting With Friends Thread (Lets Keep This Up Top)

Mr.ElevenXI

I'm pretty sure a lot of people are experiencing this issue. I've had a look in this thread and they're heaps of the same issues. I too have this problem, everyone joins me fine but when I join them problems occur. You guys may have same problem or other way around.

Lets hope DE get on top of this issue which has been going on for a while.

If you have issues leave a comment to keep this thread up so that other players can see this as well! Team work is they key :D

Personally i have found that if people would properly manually port forward for the game that there are no connection problems to speak of i regularly play with people 3 to 5 time zones away from me and after I got them to switch from trying to use upnp to manually do it we were able to play together.

The issue with joining them may be because they are using upnp even if there anyalize network says all systens nominal you still may not be able to join because unfortunatlly upnp is not infailable and in my experiences it has been absolutlly horible literally it seems to only work 50% of the time so i suggest you have them manually forward and turn of there ingame upnp then try. Also if they don't know how to port forward or can't get access to there router then i am sorry but i don't know what i can tell you.

TL;DR Manualy Port forward Don't Trust Upnp to work properly it's not reliable.

Manual Port Forwarding has not worked for a number of my friends. They have gone through every instruction on the forums and tried every trick, workaround, and oddball solution that I have done in the past.

Pro Tip: Get your netcode working properly. The average user shouldn't have to be a network jedi to run a game.

Edited by Syllogy

I've had a look around and here are some links you guys might want to try out if you haven't already.

https://www.warframe.com/strictNAT

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Computers-Gaming/UPnP-Strict-NAT-Detected-Warframe-Game/td-p/1847228

I just googled Strict Nat issues, I'm not a professional just trying to help maybe someone can find the answer S:

I recently went to a friend's house who I had an issue connecting with.

He manually forwarded his ports and turned off the ingame UPNP, but he forgot his router has its own uPnP setting too.

Once I disabled this feature for him and we made sure he had the right ports, we could connect to each other without issue.

He showed me how easily overlooked that can be, since there's an ingame uPnP option that may make you forget about your router's one.

He says he gets firewall warnings for his ports, but it doesn't affect him in the slightest.