Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A question about this Melee Weapon Design contest

Cyborg-Rox

Question

FYI...

So I've had this really cool idea for a long time, but it doesn't necessarily fit 100% with an existing Melee Grip, though all the stances and attacks will look fine with it.

My idea is: Arm-mounted Claws. You've seen the movie Predator, right? Yeah, those. That'll look fine with the existing Claw stances and attacks, with the exception of the blocking animation, but I thought maybe they could switch out that one animation with one for another Grip type that will fit it more, like Dual Daggers for example.

What do you guys think? Sounds like something they'd disqualify, or a creative twist to help my odds?

11 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

What, having something you 100% came up with and designed yourself be put into the game for use by everyone isn't enough?

It's business. You are giving your idea to them free if you think like that. Even tennogen the creators earn back a bit. 

You are one kind soul indeed.

3 minutes ago, kyori said:

It's business. You are giving your idea to them free if you think like that. Even tennogen the creators earn back a bit. 

You are one kind soul indeed.

Tennogen creators do a lot more than just make an appealing design. They actually have to apply completely realistic textures along with materials, something that would take a lot of learning to even get started on. 

This contest is just for visual ideas. DE still have to do all the 3D modeling and texturing themselves.

Now please stick to the topic.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

1 minute ago, Skullfaceguy said:

Then there is no way to see who even went to the "next round"...

Sadness fills my broken heart...

When will the voting end?

Selecting the Winning Design:

Call for submissions will be closed on March 30, 2017 at 1:00 pm ET.

Lucas Hug, Senior Artist at Digital Extremes, will choose a batch of favourite submissions. You can see some of Lucas Hug’s work on Warframe weapons here: http://www.lucashug.com/warframe-02

The Design Council will then determine the winning Melee weapons by submissions selected by Lucas Hug. Design Council voting will begin on March 31, 2017 at 1:00pm ET and run for one week.

The winning designs will be interpreted by our artists who will make tweaks as needed to ensure that the overall design remains true to the Warframe style.

The completed melee weapon will then be put into Warframe!