Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zenistar Disc Questions

(PSN)Crixus044

Question

I am really close to getting the zenistar. I took a long sabbatical from the game and recently coming back to play and I'm a few days away from getting my Zenistar. I would have gotten it months ago, but my time away has prevented me from doing that. So, I would like some help in deciding what kind of builds I should be focusing on. I want to make a build focused around the disc itself, while using the weapon optionally.

1. I know the disc doesn't increase the combo counter, but if I use the weapon itself to increase the combo counter, would the combo counter itself increase the damage of the disc?

2. Does Condition Overload work on the Disc at all?

3. I know that Navigator can control the disc and increases the damage, and I've seen Magnetize control the disc, but does Magnetize increase the damage? And how does it affect the bubble itself with its damage absorption.

4. Does the charged disc toss have a 3x multiplier like other charge attacks on weapons, or is it the 130 heat damage of the weapon itself?

If you can answer ANY of these questions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044

4 answers to this question

I doubt that disc benefits from CO nor from combo counter, because disc itself is very specific, and counts separately from Zenistar.

And zenistar's wave isn't a projectile, so i don't think it contributes to magnetize (however enemie's health does for sure)

On 3/7/2017 at 1:17 AM, Quanlain said:

I doubt that disc benefits from CO nor from combo counter, because disc itself is very specific, and counts separately from Zenistar.

And zenistar's wave isn't a projectile, so i don't think it contributes to magnetize (however enemie's health does for sure)

So from what I gather, the disc technically is a separate entity from the zenistar, but is its own melee weapon connected to the operator? So the only thing that works on the zenistar is just straight up damage, no channeling, no combo counter, and no Condition Overload?

And if Ivara's navigator can take control of the zenistar to increase its damage, why wouldn't magnetize? Ivara's aftertouch only works with projectile weapons and she controls the disc.

On 3/7/2017 at 1:10 AM, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

1. I know the disc doesn't increase the combo counter, but if I use the weapon itself to increase the combo counter, would the combo counter itself increase the damage of the disc?

2. Does Condition Overload work on the Disc at all?

3. I know that Navigator can control the disc and increases the damage, and I've seen Magnetize control the disc, but does Magnetize increase the damage? And how does it affect the bubble itself with its damage absorption.

4. Does the charged disc toss have a 3x multiplier like other charge attacks on weapons, or is it the 130 heat damage of the weapon itself?

If you can answer ANY of these questions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

1. No, at least not while it's deployed, it might if you deploy it mid combo but I haven't tested that.

2. No, but you can use it to inflict status and it will work on your regular melee attacks so it's a good combo.

3. Not that I have noticed, From what I have seen (Not being the Mag) it seems to just ignore the bubble completely and spin so aside from having a Zenistar in your bubble not much benefit.

57 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

1. No, at least not while it's deployed, it might if you deploy it mid combo but I haven't tested that.

2. No, but you can use it to inflict status and it will work on your regular melee attacks so it's a good combo.

3. Not that I have noticed, From what I have seen (Not being the Mag) it seems to just ignore the bubble completely and spin so aside from having a Zenistar in your bubble not much benefit.

Well that sucks lol
Thank you so much for letting me know though.

I've seen videos of the disc being sucked up by the magnetize and spinning inside it. All I'd need is to get a blast build zenistar and put it up against a couple enemies and then do the same with magnetize on.