The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[MESA] Ballistic battery Rework Ideas

AbbadonAlpha

So, i think the ability called Ballistic Battery ( Mesa's first ) Is really not that great. It feels clunky, and not efficient at all. The augment also could be better : My personnal suggestions are the following :

- 1 - Make the ability one-handed. The casting time really does not help such a little boost, and casting it mid- jump, mid- wall latching and while using peacemakers at the same time would be great.

- 2 - Make the ability remove armor. I think this ability was made to kill strong targets, but as we all know, the armor is one huge problem of the actual scaling ! I think that this ability would be better if it would remove percentage of armor from the target hit ( 100% armor for a full charge ). That armor removal could also not be innate, but a new augment.

personally..i think it should do what it currently does, but as a timer based buff so it works for more than one shot....maybe with a build up over the duration of the ability..starting at 10% damage and status increase (with the augment) and ending at 100% with say, 5 seconds remaining (base, with higher duration making the 100% buff last longer...maybe up to 10 seconds max?). Have it at a base of 15 or 20 seconds at max rank. And apply it to primary and secondary weapons so its at least useful...or even just secondary weapons to fit her theme more.

I always forget she even HAS a one as i NEVER use it, even after using a forma.

Edited by xcynderx

11 minutes ago, xcynderx said:

personally..i think it should do what it currently does, but as a timer based buff so it works for more than one shot....maybe with a build up over the duration of the ability..starting at 10% damage and status increase (with the augment) and ending at 100% with say, 5 seconds remaining (base, with higher duration making toe  100% buff last longer...maybe up to 10 seconds?). Have it at a base of 15 or 20 seconds at max rank.

I think that would be nice to get a timer on it, that would increase Status greatly, but i also think it would be freaking OP ( Just imagine peacemakers and that added status chance.. ) . I think we should stick to the idea of a single shot, but make it more powerful or have more utility ( Like knockdown, aoe effect, punchtrough, armor removal.. )

EDIT: I really like your idea, but it seems to strong for a simple first ability.

Edited by AbbadonAlpha
I wanted to say more

32 minutes ago, AbbadonAlpha said:

I think that would be nice to get a timer on it, that would increase Status greatly, but i also think it would be freaking OP ( Just imagine peacemakers and that added status chance.. ) . I think we should stick to the idea of a single shot, but make it more powerful or have more utility ( Like knockdown, aoe effect, punchtrough, armor removal.. )

EDIT: I really like your idea, but it seems to strong for a simple first ability.

personally, i wouldnt make it affect PM...if it did then it would be reduced by 50% or more due to her high rate of fire and already high damage....but at least if it WAS changed to a timer it would be used.

The only buff I'd really like to have is for Ballistic Battery to either be unlimited, allowing you to stack infinite ammounts of damge (like Equinox' Maim) or for the damage to be multiplicative.

I see Mesa as aframe that likes using pistols for secondary and rifles (like Sybaris) or snipers for primaries, CC'ing enemies with her 2, ehile being extremely resistant to ranged damage with her 3, charging her 1 with some slick gun action and finishing priority targets with a well placed Ballistic Battery charged shot with her primary.

Or just do like everyone else and press 4 to clear the room...

On 8.3.2017 at 4:20 PM, Kalvorax said:

personally..i think it should do what it currently does, but as a timer based buff so it works for more than one shot....maybe with a build up over the duration of the ability..starting at 10% damage and status increase (with the augment) and ending at 100% with say, 5 seconds remaining (base, with higher duration making the 100% buff last longer...maybe up to 10 seconds max?). Have it at a base of 15 or 20 seconds at max rank. And apply it to primary and secondary weapons so its at least useful...or even just secondary weapons to fit her theme more.

Only reason i EVER use it is to hold a fancy energy orb, which looks rather nice with the agile mirage moveset. Fully agree.