Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemies Ignoring Shade Cloak?

SonofRobin73

Whenever I cloak with my shade enemies like the melee type grineer and pretty much all of infested seem to completely ignore the cloak. Many times they will still follow me or get close to me and sometimes even try to hit or stunlock me. Many times it actually works when they try.

I understand that the game knows where I am, but enemies should at least pretend they don't know and definitely not continue to hit and stunlock me while I'm cloaked.

Anyone else notice this?

have happened to me now that i crafted the shade but it might the lag cuz sometimes they ignore it and sometimes they dont 

have u noticed if you are solo when they dont ignore it? sometimes having other targets for the enemies helps the cloac work better :D

It's happened to me as well (and it happens while playing solo, so lag's pretty unlikely). It's noticeable with shield lancers and disruptors (due to the fact their attacks are basically hitscan), even if you cloak and move behind them before they finish their swing, they'll still magically connect (with disruptors, you can actually see the tentacle go through their own bodies to hit you).

Seems to happen with infested in particular, but other enemies as well; the cloak just doesn't seem to register and it's unlikely it's a latency issue - I can cloak, disengage, move to another room, have Master Thief unlock lockers, loot them (with the cloak never going down) and things like runners and ancients will still follow me in and have their attacks connect.

Edited by Taranis49

This is an issue, and not one of latency. Even on solo, Runners, Disruptors and all Grineer and Corpus enemies will continue attacking you. With the Infested, they actually keep tracking you but the Grineer and Corpus just swing at where you were, some attacks can hit you like this, others can't. Sawmen can't for example, but Scorpions can. Shield Lancers will also finish their charge, but this isn't so bad seeing as they have an arc they can hit in and only charge in a straight line, it flows well. Disruptors need to stop changing direction and stop throwing their arms backwards to hit you while cloaked.