The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Advice

Shion963

Question

So lately I've been in kind of a rut, everything's the same-old routine: get in, do the job, get out. There's no 'spark' anymore so I've been thinking of just ending it. The thought's been there, but I just never got around to doing it.

But then one day I was looking around in my profile and I saw an old 'acquaintance'. We never hit it off back then, it just didn't feel right. It seems like such a silly thing now that I think about it; but I was the one who didn't try, or didn't have what it takes to do it right.

So I gave it a try. Got in touch again. Nothing serious, y'know. Got out and went for a few runs together. I even tried out something I read about online now that I can (and that made it so much better!).

It wasn't this good when we started out long ago, but now that I've gotten better at all this it seems that it's so 'right'. I guess part of the reason that it didn't work out then was because I wasn't properly equipped to do it right, and mostly because I was too stupid to understand. :/

It's been a few weeks no and I've really started questioning myself: should I just take the plunge and do it? Because the way it's going, I feel like I'm just holding myself back from what I can really do by doubting myself whether it's the right thing to do.

Guys, should I go ahead and potato my Braton Mk-I?

Edited by Shion963

6 answers to this question

I don't know... Will you use the inferior weapons that sound more badass than anything else?

But other assault rifles don't have the aiming stability, and being able to consistently put rounds wherever I point the cursor.

And like it says on the wiki: putting an unranked Cryo mod on it gives it enough CC to take my time and go for headshots/accuracy instead of spraying and praying.

It's takes about 3 rounds average to take down a standard Grineer on Earth with (IIRC) rank 6 Serration (105%), maxed Piercing Hit, and unranked Cryo Rounds. I assume when potatoed and jammed with more damage mods it could do better.

Drop that hag and get a Hek!

Already maxed a HEK, it gets abit boring when everything just dies when I point to it :/

I keep it for when I go on "no-nonsense" runs though. (Like when doing the defense weekend event)

EDIT:

Srsly think about it: is the Mk-I bad because it is really a gimped weapon, or is it bad because no one (generalisation, not claim) actually tried playing with it beyond those first few missions? I've been saying that "no weapon is bad, spend enough time ranking it and you'll see that it's good", and I think the only reason it was 'bad' was that I didn't have nowhere as many powerful mods at my disposal back then.

Hek, when I started playing, getting an armor-piercing mod is like trying to win a lottery.

Edited by Shion963

i say get a braton. just the full auto feature alone coupled with the mods you mentioned, make it a fantastic weapon from early to mid game. i would suggest the supra, but i havent built mine yet so i cannot attest to it's awesomeness/lameness. however, i have used a braton since day 2, and loved it ever since.

go with what you feel is right man.