Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage Over Time Elemental Effects , Nothing For Fire?

Necrosaur

I was looking in the wiki under elemental effects to see what does what.

I read fire only slightly increases the chance a target will be "stunned" trying to put the flames out.

1) For me fire SHOULD do damage over time, in fact thats what it's main damage should be, (less initial damage) but it should be normal damage (ie affected by armor), so low armor targets like ember powers are hurt a lot more.

The chance to become "stunned" should be low.

The other component you could think about is the "pain" factor that may reduce a targets offensive capabilities (chance to hit and/or melee damage )

2) Poison/Toxin,/Radiation - Is damage over time too, but it is longer and armor ignoring.  

3) Acid damage if it comes in is light normal damage over time with armor damage over time. (so you only take more real  damage as your armor corrodes)

4) Electrical damage is mostly instantly but if there are lingering effects then there may be additional stunning, especially to robotic/cybernetic enemies.

Any comments?

Edited by Necrosaur

currently, all damage types (other than poison) do Alpha damage. poison does do damage over time. 

i'm not sure it has any need of changing. it's fine as is, and works better than your choice against higher level enemies. if the damage was burn over time, it would quickly become useless at high level enemies because their armor increases. so the burn damage might be 8/tick at level 1, but at level 50 it would be close to 1 or 2, and at level 100 would definitely be 0. so the elementals would become useless then. 

Edited by taiiat

from a pure mechanics perspective its just bonus damage. its fire but only in name.

dont really feel like it has to either. in this game things die too fast for it to matter. and the harder stuff is super resistant to elemental damage anyways. so there is no real benefit to having it be a DOT.

also, to hell with all this armor ignore. you guys would put it on a toaster if you could.

more creativity, less "everything needs to be the same".

I'd rather see they add Bleed DOT rather than changing burn.

Bleed could be armour-reduced because grineer armour has rudimentary ways to staunch bleeding, so that a Grineer heavy bleeds less then an unarmoured Corpus Crewman.

also, to hell with all this armor ignore. you guys would put it on a toaster if you could.

Next melee weapon is a Toaster, explosive armor-ignore multihit throwing weapon. ;p