Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vor's Prize Questline has wrong droptables

Ruby_Rose_

I've recently gone through the Tutorial Quest line again for the new player experience; but I noticed something off, the resource drop table. It uses that of the Void.

While this should cause very little issue and may actually help in the long run, it may cause confusion overall. The reason I say this is because it almost immediately introduces a player to Argon Crystals, which decay. A new player won't realize this quite yet though. The major problem is that almost all of the BPs requiring Argon Crystals are above the first few Mastery Ranks, basically unreachable until this Argon is already gone.

Overall it's actually a nice quality of life thing for a new player, as it allows for Control Modules to be gotten in the beginning, so long as they explore. And usually enough to last them hopefully until they have a planet with them unlocked.

My suggestion here would be to replace Argon Crystal with the normal Neurode drops of Earth, where most of the quest takes place. I say this because strangely enough, the Argon Pegmatite are absurdly common. During the two times I passed though the quest line, I received around 10 each time. Neurodes would be a far better resource to give a new player over Argon. Neurodes are used far more and a lot more early gear can use them.

This basically amount to Using the normal Earth Droptables, as Earth and Void share Ferrite and Rubedo as common drops... And swapping Control Modules from their current tileset they use (Void) and replacing Detonite Injectors in the Earth Drop Table.  (Or Void with Neurodes taking place of Argon, either way results the same)

This switches the drop Table from this.. Ferrite, Rubedo, Control Module, Argon Crystal.. To this Ferrite, Rubedo, Control Module, Neurodes.

While this change would basically create a new resource table for the intro quest line, it'd result in a healthier start to the game as well. At least to those that explore and find the resources.

Edited by Ruby_Rose_

I think that is a very good idea although it might be more complicated than one thinks to do. From my experience it looks like every quest mission is essentially on the same "planet " regardless of the actual planet it is on,  in regards to resource drops. All the quests have the same void drops. Easiest change would be to the whole "quest planet drops" but that would cause repercussions at higher level when quests often reward an item that needs argon to build.