Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning player, Im lost

KiteoHatto

Question

Hello

Returning to warframe after quite a long break, last time I properly played was the middle of update 18, i remember doing that quest to unlock the operator.

Tried logging in a few days ago and Im so lost on what to do and where to start, my clan has been reshuffled and all the old players either left or quit, new guys are...well, new and can't offer me any advice.

So that's why Im here. What are the BIG changes that I should start with ?

-I noticed that void keys have been removed

-Draco is no longer a thing

-Carrier is a bit different

-We have mutant cats now ?

-Some new resources from dojo weapons ?

Does forma still work in the same way and what is the max mastery rank these days ?

Thank you, please let me know what other big changes and additions have been implemented. Somebody in a relay told me that the game got less grindy somehow, is this true ?

Edited by KiteoHatto

11 answers to this question

Keys have been replaced by Relics.

No, Draco isn't.
There are alternatives. I recommend any Grineer Def or Mob Def.

Carrier now has an ammo mutation precept.
Vaccuum is equippable on any sentinel.

Yes.

Nitain, a.k.a. Alertium, and a new one, Synthula, which is currently only used for NPC-buffing consumables.

Forma work the same. Max MR is 23.

Game got more grindy.
What got less grindy is getting a specific Prime part, once you've done all the setup grind (farming the right relic, farming traces, forming a full squad with the same relic and refinement level).

3 minutes ago, Chroia said:

Keys have been replaced by Relics.

No, Draco isn't.
There are alternatives. I recommend any Grineer Def or Mob Def.

Carrier now has an ammo mutation precept.
Vaccuum is equippable on any sentinel.

Yes.

Nitain, a.k.a. Alertium, and a new one, Synthula, which is currently only used for NPC-buffing consumables.

Forma work the same. Max MR is 23.

Game got more grindy.
What got less grindy is getting a specific Prime part, once you've done all the setup grind (farming the right relic, farming traces, forming a full squad with the same relic and refinement level).

Thanks to the both of you, i couldn't remember the name of that topic.

Could you explain that last bit please ?Farming relics, farming traces and what refinement levels ?

Lots of changes. To mention some:

After the second dream quest, you continue to The War Within which is a quest that unlocks even more operator capabilities, plus kuva farming (new resource) and riven mods (new mod type)

Some warframes have been added. Not sure if you had Titania before you left, the fairy warframe. She is here now, obtainable through a question from New Loka syndicate. Nidus is here too, the infested warframe which is obtainable through the Glast Gambit quest (perrin sequence syndicate quest) and through the new mission type: Infested Salvage.

Void keys have been replaced with space cabbages, aka void relics. Void is still a thing but prime parts are obtained by fissure missions (the missions with the little flame on the star chart) by obtaining reactant through the mission and opening the relic at the end. This has reduced the grinding for specific prime parts as you can now farm with a full cell and if you have the same relic, you get four chances for the desired drop.

Star chart has massively changed. You now have to complete junctions to unlock new planets. Each junction has a requirement, a specter protecting it and a reward once you unlock it.

New weapons and skins have arrived

Kavats (space cats) have arrived. You need to get DNA samples (from derelict tileset) to incubate them, in contrast with the kubrow egg. Also infested pets have arrived. You need to drain that ugly thing on your neck and inject it in a kubrow egg in order to breed your own grineer charger (to be changed in the future with a pet that does not cause your eyes to bleed)

Invasions have been changed a bit and offer parts of wraith and so weapons...

For carrier, they have changed the vacuum to be a universal sentinel mod and now it can be added to any sentinel. The unique ability the carrier has now is to change the dropped ammo to ammo for the currently equipped weapon...

Can think of a huge load of more changes. Better for you to go through the wiki and start working your way back in the game ;)

Welcome back, have lots of fun :)

1 minute ago, KiteoHatto said:

Thanks to the both of you, i couldn't remember the name of that topic.

Could you explain that last bit please ?Farming relics, farming traces and what refinement levels ?

You need to go to excavations or defenses or interceptions or survivals to get a chance for a relic to be dropped on each cycle. Each relic has a name and a set of potential rewards. You need to find the relic you need for the prime part you want. Then, each reward has a chance to drop. 3 items are common, 2 uncommon and 1 rare. If you want to increase the chances of the rare to drop, you need to farm traces. Which means, go to fissure missions, kill corrupted and at the end of the mission you get a random number of traces. The traces can be spent to upgrade the relic to the Radiant refinement level which offers the best change to get the rare reward (10% I think).

3 minutes ago, ultragen said:

-snip-

Thanks! I left when Nekros Prime just came out, so i don't know those frames.

Do i need to make any changes to frame/weapon builds or have the damage mods and all the rest stayed the same ?

Do we have charged attacks yet ?

How is the power creep lately ?

Any old frames that had reworks ? I played with reworked Saryn before my break.

Is AW still dead ?

6 minutes ago, ultragen said:

You need to go to excavations or defenses or interceptions or survivals to get a chance for a relic to be dropped on each cycle. Each relic has a name and a set of potential rewards. You need to find the relic you need for the prime part you want. Then, each reward has a chance to drop. 3 items are common, 2 uncommon and 1 rare. If you want to increase the chances of the rare to drop, you need to farm traces. Which means, go to fissure missions, kill corrupted and at the end of the mission you get a random number of traces. The traces can be spent to upgrade the relic to the Radiant refinement level which offers the best change to get the rare reward (10% I think).

Ooooh that's cool. Going to be enjoyable getting back with 3 RL buddies, farming sounds pretty fun now compared to endless void runs for a part.

What happened to the keys, did they get converted into something or what ? I had a stockpile of T4s, what did they change to ?

2 minutes ago, KiteoHatto said:

Ooooh that's cool. Going to be enjoyable getting back with 3 RL buddies, farming sounds pretty fun now compared to endless void runs for a part.

What happened to the keys, did they get converted into something or what ? I had a stockpile of T4s, what did they change to ?

AXI relics. They are the equivalent for T4

Lith for T1

Meso for T2

Neo for T3

9 minutes ago, KiteoHatto said:

Any old frames that had reworks ?

Ash got a rework. Limbo is in the works for a rework. Mag was reworked too.

Not absolutely sure about the rest, so leaving it for another, more hardcore player ;)

Edited by ultragen

35 minutes ago, KiteoHatto said:

Do i need to make any changes to frame/weapon builds or have the damage mods and all the rest stayed the same ?
Pretty much the same, though melee crit weapons got a huge buff with a set of event mods

Do we have charged attacks yet ?
Yup. Equip melee, hold E.

How is the power creep lately ?
Growing and thriving, thankyouverymuch.

Any old frames that had reworks ? I played with reworked Saryn before my break.
As ultragen said, Saryn, Mag, Ash were the last 3, Limbo's should be soon.

Is AW still dead ?
tl;dr - Yes. Though apparently they're reverting the 6DoF movement (possibly temporarily while they improve it, idk).

-----

Do the Earth->Mars junction, if you haven't.
You get the liset segment needed to upgrade relics there.