The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Performance issues after the latest patches.

SnipSnipSnipered

After the introduction of the Pacifism Defect, my game has been randomly going from having a solid 60FPS (which normally dropped under heavy load, as is usual) to randomly going down to as little as 2 FPS while opening a menu in the middle of a mission without any enemies present. Quickly Alt-tabbing out of the game and back in generally temporarily fixes the issue, throwing me back up to 30 or 40. As I have seen no decline in the performance of any of my other games, I don't have any reason to believe it's my hardware that is at fault. If anyone else has been experiencing the same issue, please do share and inform me of any possible fixes. Thought I'd atleast let DE know so they can possibly look into it. 

I've tried:

Lowering graphics settings to minimum; didn't help.
Disabling DX10/11, didn't help.
Disabling Multithreaded rendering (even though that's supposed to improve performance, just wanted to try it); didn't help.
Run the game with nothing in the background, didn't help.
Ran in windowed and borderless fullscreen, didn't help.
Cleaned my laptop of dust, updated all my drivers, made sure it's not overheating, didn't help.

I hope it's something DE can resolve.

Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for any possible fixes.

Kind regards, Snip.

It might be worth looking at DE Glen's recent stress tests for Nvidia drivers and Warframe. Nvidia Physx might be the cause for some users as well as I believe some have said it might be causing leaks. What gpu are you using? That might help posters or support give better advice.

Nvidia PhysX has been confirmed to cause massive memory leaks and I have replicated this countless times on my end before finding out what was causing it. Your RAM will fill up easily within the span of just a couple of missions if it less than 12gb and I've filled my 16GB capacity in a single mission multiple times.

Once the RAM is filled, all that junk data is put into your paging file - grinding the game to a halt in the process.

8 minutes ago, Urlan said:

It might be worth looking at DE Glen's recent stress tests for Nvidia drivers and Warframe. Nvidia Physx might be the cause for some users as well as I believe some have said it might be causing leaks. What gpu are you using? That might help posters or support give better advice.

I have a GTX 780M with 4GB of VRAM, my laptop itself is a MSI GT70 from 2012-2013, using an i7-4700MQ at 3.4GHz, 8GB of DDR3 RAM.

6 minutes ago, DBugII said:

Nvidia PhysX has been confirmed to cause massive memory leaks and I have replicated this countless times on my end before finding out what was causing it. Your RAM will fill up easily within the span of just a couple of missions if it less than 12gb and I've filled my 16GB capacity in a single mission multiple times.

Once the RAM is filled, all that junk data is put into your paging file - grinding the game to a halt in the process.

I never used Nvidia PhysX; does it also happen if I don't have them enabled? Are the innate particle effects enough? It would explain why it happens way more in Infested missions and the occassional Grineer invasion...it doesn't say anything of the sort in my taskmanager though, everything seemed fine there.

1 minute ago, SnipSnipSnipered said:

It would explain why it happens way more in Infested missions and the occassional Grineer invasion...it doesn't say anything of the sort in my taskmanager though, everything seemed fine there.

This is part of the same if not a similar leak, yes. Infested (who explode in particles and PhysX on death) causes the leak to build up much more quickly.

Try reducing particle effects and/or disabling GeForce Experience if you have it enabled and test to see if you have more stability. If the game at any point exceeds 3-4GB of RAM after about 30-40min of play, it's still leaking.

1 hour ago, DBugII said:

This is part of the same if not a similar leak, yes. Infested (who explode in particles and PhysX on death) causes the leak to build up much more quickly.

Try reducing particle effects and/or disabling GeForce Experience if you have it enabled and test to see if you have more stability. If the game at any point exceeds 3-4GB of RAM after about 30-40min of play, it's still leaking.

Wait, so should I uninstall GeForce Experience? Not that it adds much anyway, but I wanna clear up if I need to uninstall it or not. The RAM Warframe uses is usually like 2, maybe 2.5GB max.

8 hours ago, SnipSnipSnipered said:

Wait, so should I uninstall GeForce Experience? Not that it adds much anyway, but I wanna clear up if I need to uninstall it or not. The RAM Warframe uses is usually like 2, maybe 2.5GB max.

If it is contributing to the leak, you may opt to simply disable it while playing Warframe or removing it from your system all together. I remember DE_Glen mentioning that GFExp has given the game some issues in the past. You can reference one of his latest videos about it. I recommend reading the description:

10 hours ago, DBugII said:

If it is contributing to the leak, you may opt to simply disable it while playing Warframe or removing it from your system all together. I remember DE_Glen mentioning that GFExp has given the game some issues in the past. You can reference one of his latest videos about it. I recommend reading the description:

Well, I uninstalled it, but I saw no significant improvement sadly. For now I just threw Particle Quality to Low and I roll with what I have. Thanks for taking the time to try and help me though.