Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please allow me to mute ambient music

Banskyman

Hey guys,

So for a very long time, I've been wanting a specific feature in Warframe and expecting it to happen, but since it's clearly not happening I figured I'd make a post here suggesting it.

Ambient music volume slider.

For someone like me who prefers to listen to their own spotify playlist while fragging grineer, ambient music is complete torture since it conflicts with whatever we're listening to. Currently, the only way to turn off ambient music is to drag the sound effects slider down to 0, but that also removes every other important sound that I'd like to keep. 

Please give us an ambient music volume slider so we can turn that starchart/etc music off please, thank you.

55 minutes ago, Banskyman said:

Hey guys,

So for a very long time, I've been wanting a specific feature in Warframe and expecting it to happen, but since it's clearly not happening I figured I'd make a post here suggesting it.

Ambient music volume slider.

For someone like me who prefers to listen to their own spotify playlist while fragging grineer, ambient music is complete torture since it conflicts with whatever we're listening to. Currently, the only way to turn off ambient music is to drag the sound effects slider down to 0, but that also removes every other important sound that I'd like to keep. 

Please give us an ambient music volume slider so we can turn that starchart/etc music off please, thank you.

Oh. You're talking about the star chart sound. Yeah, I wish I could mute that.

7 hours ago, StinkyPygmy said:

I just turn the music to 0 in options and that takes out ALL music for me. Including ambient starchart stuff. That being said, I'm kinda surprised you can even hear the ambient music over your own music.

For me, star chat music n stuff still persists, and I can hear it just enough for it to conflict with my music and give me a headache. I have very sensitive hearing.

5 hours ago, Banskyman said:

For me, star chat music n stuff still persists, and I can hear it just enough for it to conflict with my music and give me a headache. I have very sensitive hearing.

Hmmm strange. Well yeah, It should be consistent and all music should be effected by the music volume slider.