Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What if: Reworking Vay Hek again

Raqyia

Now, maybe it's just my fault that I can't aim at Vay Hek's fat face while he's doing donuts in the air, yet I can still muster up some ability to take some shots at Ruk or Kril easily enough. Perhaps, at the very least, they could either increase the size of his one weakpoint on his fat face or add a couple more here and there? Maybe leave him just a bit more vulnerable to CC? Maybe slow down the speed at which he flies? Maybe nerf the damage on his magnetic attack because when it's not aiming for me, it's killing my precious little Carrier again? Now, while I get increasingly salty, break down, and generally wallow in my own pity, would anyone else like to chime in?

I think he can be reworked by making his mid way encounters not skipp.

First encounter: Shoot him on the face when he exposes it. He doesn't use magnetic attack.

Second encounter: Shoot him on his now permanently exposed face. He starts using his magnetic attack.

Third encounter: Same as second, but he now deploys those little drones that buff enemies, call airstrikes and such.

Final encounter: Skips straight to the chicken phase. Chicken phase however has health gating, you can't down him more than 5% of his health in a 1s window, using enough firepower to do so will trigger and invulnerability window of 5s. Doing constant yet not oneshoting damage doesn't trigger this health gate.

@Nazrethim Not too sure I completely understand. In the case that I do deal more than 5% of his health in damage and he goes into his invulnerability phase, will he still have taken all that damage or will that all have been null? This has got me thinking now about how well high crit and high fire rate weapons like Soma and Amprex would function. Or perhaps then we would need something like the Burston?

14 minutes ago, Raqyia said:

@Nazrethim Not too sure I completely understand. In the case that I do deal more than 5% of his health in damage and he goes into his invulnerability phase, will he still have taken all that damage or will that all have been null? This has got me thinking now about how well high crit and high fire rate weapons like Soma and Amprex would function. Or perhaps then we would need something like the Burston?

It's a health gate. Say he has 100 hp and you have a weapon that deals 50 per shot and one that deals 2 per shot. The first weapon would only deal 5 damage and trigger the invulnerability, while the second would be able to fire with no ill effect. Essentially it's a way to make a boss impossible to oneshot (they aren't supposed to be).