Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Issues with UDP ports 4950 & 4955

enewyn

Question

So i've had this problem for about an entire day now.

When i open the game immediately a message saying "Please ensure that your firewall permits UDP ports 4950 & 4955" pops up.

The "Help" button provides no helpful information whatsoever, and every method that i could find anywhere i've tried and it still doesn't work.

Help please? I really don't know what to do.

5 answers to this question

39 minutes ago, Santaripe said:

...When i open the game immediately a message saying "Please ensure that your firewall permits UDP ports 4950 & 4955" pops up....

Generally speaking, every time you do something on the internet that thing needs an open port to communicate on.  For whatever reason the game is having issues communicating.  It is giving you this suggestion in an attempt to solve the communication problem.  First things first...how is your gameplay?  Are you seeing issues with lag?  Anything happening in game that's unusual?  Regular errors?

I got this message from like 8 months (when I started to play WF)...

xjN0UJs.jpg

Any problems with game stability or connecting to others or others connecting to me is not related with ports itself. By clicking help and trying to solve the problem with what help site saying is useless and the popup is simply annoying, but that's it. There's no relation between ports and gameplay itself.

14 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

-snip-

That's what's happened for you.  Based on some posts I've read other people have seen similar errors and ignored them.  It might be different for OP which is why I asked him about what he's seeing.  If he's seeing gameplay issues the community can offer suggestions on how to fix them.  If not he can ignore the error the same way you've been doing.