Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do Focus and Lenses work?

Torrempesta

Question

Ok, maybe I am dumb, but even after reading the wiki and tons of (useless) questions in the forum I can't grasp the mechanism of these things!

Basically my questions are:

1) Why do I have only ONE primary school but TWO (at the moment) secondary ones?

2) How can I trigger the secondary passive?

3) Do I need to have  the corresponding lens on a weapon or a WF in order to activate its passive or I just need to have the school whose passive I need set on Primary?

Sorry if it seems a stupid question but really! I got so many infos about it that I can't understand how they work!

Thanks for the patience.

3 answers to this question

You can gain focus in any school by equipping the appropriate lens.  One will be the primary, any others are secondary.

You can't use anything from a focus school that is not your primary.

You must have the school set on primary to use the passives/abilities from that school.

21 minutes ago, Torrempesta said:

1) Why do I have only ONE primary school but TWO (at the moment) secondary ones?

Only one school can be active at a time for use in missions, this school is called the Primary school. Secondary Schools are ones you have unlocked but you cannot use them until you make them Primary schools.

2) How can I trigger the secondary passive?

You can't, only one school's passive (the Primary School) can be used at a time. You have to go and change your Primary school if you want to use a different passive.

3) Do I need to have  the corresponding lens on a weapon or a WF in order to activate its passive or I just need to have the school whose passive I need set on Primary?

To answer this quickly. The lenses you have on a weapon or Warframe do not determine what passives you can use. It merely lets you earn Focus points for the school for which the lens is associated. (Unairu, Naramon, Zenurik, etc...) You can use any passives you have unlocked, but you can only use passives from one school at a time (Your Primary School). You cannot use passives from more than one school at a time. (You can change Primary schools as needed.)

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Thanks a lot guys! Really! Everytime I looked for these answers I just got random things like "you can equip lenses for focus"! Well, thanks! I knew that! But even the wiki is so superficial (and it's strange, because generally it gives tons of infos!).

Anyway: thanks a lot again.