Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Delux Skins and their future" discussion

Angelid

19 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

The thought of a Valkyr deluxe and A Mesa deluxe skins makes me more moist than a hooker frog in the rain forest :crylaugh: waawaaawaaaaa

Valkyr already got hers

BeserkerDeluxe.png

Edited by aligatorno

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

If that is her deluxe skin, compared to the other deluxe skins that is weak af! Just saying 

Well, it's the first "original" one to be released, the only Deluxe Skins before it were Proto-Excal and Nemesis Nyx which were tributes to Dark Sector. Just like everything in this game, the deluxe skins get better with time. She won't receive another one ever most likely. 

Edited by aligatorno

4 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Well, it's the first "original" one to be released, the only Deluxe Skins before it were Proto-Excal and Nemesis Nyx which were tributes to Dark Sector. Just like everything in this game, the deluxe skins get better with time. She won't receive another one ever most likely. 

Sad. Lol oh well

13 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

Yes they could and it has been discussed by DE in the context of PBR.

As to the price, I'm afraid you have it the other way around. The Dark Sector ports came first and DE set the price for them, subsequent delux "skins" matched the price point for the DS ports, in that context you are getting better looking mesh-swaps for the same price as the DS ports.

I understand what came first. What I am saying is, while the ports came first, Why is Nyx still 200 pt for a lesser quality? And I am glad they've discussed it. I haven't been up to date on dev streams.

12 hours ago, Ghogiel said:

Well the OP isn't wrong. But that's just how things go. The budgets, skills and talent of the studio has moved on considerably in their art dep. It didn't suck to begin with but they definitely evolved over time mostly for the better.

It's the same with older WFs and old prime. Both look pretty plain and dated when compared to more recent counterparts. Look at the original 8 compared all the later basic frames. Mag or frost Prime compared to Banshee prime. Original braton to updated.

Trinity. :| That is all I have to say about the older ones. Gosh, Trinity needs some love, even after they updated some of her gamma/textures/PBR. I am glad they got rid of the beloved toilet seat-- I mean, Paris Prime being always gold. >->

12 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

If that is her deluxe skin, compared to the other deluxe skins that is weak af! Just saying 

That is what she supposedly looked like befor Alad V 'ripped her apart' .... Though it kinda ruins his lore about building her from many other warframes.... RIP headcanons.

8 hours ago, Angelid said:

That is what she supposedly looked like befor Alad V 'ripped her apart' .... Though it kinda ruins his lore about building her from many other warframes.... RIP headcanons.

Right. But all I'm saying is the Itracasy of the deluxe skins after hers are far superior than the plastic jump suit that I see in this so called "Valkyr deluxe"...weak

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

9 hours ago, Angelid said:

I understand what came first. What I am saying is, while the ports came first, Why is Nyx still 200 pt for a lesser quality? And I am glad they've discussed it. I haven't been up to date on dev streams.

What I'm saying is: Why complain that higher quality skins are being launched at the same price point that was defined by the DS ports?

14 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Right. But all I'm saying is the Itracasy of the deluxe skins after hers are far superior than the plastic jump suit that I see in this so called "Valkyr deluxe"...weak

I agree, they should have given her a 'real' skin. :/

13 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

What I'm saying is: Why complain that higher quality skins are being launched at the same price point that was defined by the DS ports?

Because I want to bring attention to both the quality of the old skins as well as the fact the (in my opinion) worst skin is also the most expensive.

Mind you, all of these prices I listed were just their base prices, nothing else attached--- no bundle. Just the skin. It doesn't make sense to me that the ported skins were more expensive, is all.

I personally hope at some point, some guy at DE comes up with the idea of adding specific/package-exclusive deluxe animation stances. One for each deluxe skin.

and then later on they go back to all the previous deluxe skin packages and add in deluxe animation stances to add actual value to some of the older (and lesser) deluxe skins. Animation/silhouette go a long way in conveying character.