Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Okay, Here's Another Zainy Dirkdeadeye Pitch! Competitive Defense!

DirkDeadeye

Hear me out.. These are just random bullet points, I'm not even going to try to aggregate them into a pitch.

What if, two teams of two compete in a defense mission to get the most kills..

The pod will move around the map every five waves..

By the way it's not a pod, it's an ARTIFACT. Winner gets the artifact, loser gets credits.

If the pod is destroyed BOTH teams LOSE regardless of the score. I know what you're thinking, if you're losing, lay off the pod..But that would FORCE the winning team to stop killing stuff and go protect the pod, giving the losing team a chance to get more kills.

Instead of it being endless defense, you commit for a static amount of waves. In increments of five.

Every incremental increase narrows the mod pool. Five waves would be common/uncommon mod. Ten would be uncommon/cores 15 would be uncommon to rare, 20 would be rare, 25+ would be a narrower scope of rare mods. Like multishot, and thunderbolt..

So if I hop in a 20 wave competitive defense game.. we would go for 20 waves. To compete for kills to get the mod.

I do see a potential for exploitation by throwing matches, giving one side the kills, to get rare mods..And that kind of sucks. But I won't let that stop me from pitching ideas.

There is the potential for people using 4 key prime.. But that can be adjusted, maybe remove ults..say there's some kind of disruption field in the area, your frame powers might backfire..draining your energy. Not all the time, but you run the risk of essentially getting a disruptor backhand if you try to cheese with a 4 key prime frame.

Edit: typos

Edited by DirkDeadeye

If you said two teams with separate pods, and which one would endure more, then Id agree, the way it is there will be trolling at the most, and press 4 frames only to garner all kills.

If it's infested, then vauban, nyx, trinity, with a saryn I guess, on both teams, last until someone does something stupid. But yeah, overall I agree, press 4, ???, win, profit.

If you said two teams with separate pods, and which one would endure more, then Id agree, the way it is there will be trolling at the most, and press 4 frames only to garner all kills.

My clan made that suggestion as well. And what's wrong with the trolling, wouldin't it be fun to struggle between killing enemies and protecting the pod. Essentially, you cannot do both.

And I had mentioned in OP, either disable 4 key, or make warframe powers backfire, draining energy, and dropping them to the ground, like a disruptor slap.

My clan made that suggestion as well. And what's wrong with the trolling, wouldin't it be fun to struggle between killing enemies and protecting the pod. Essentially, you cannot do both.

And I had mentioned in OP, either disable 4 key, or make warframe powers backfire, draining energy, and dropping them to the ground, like a disruptor slap.

Then that's a whole new thing they have to do too, balance for this mode. -1 again.

Then that's a whole new thing they have to do too, balance for this mode. -1 again.

Oh god, let's scrap an idea because it requires some work. Scrap the whole game, because god forbid the designers think a little.

Do you people just lurk here, read 5 lines and say NOPE. With nothing but semantics, and disinterest outside of the status quo?

Edited by DirkDeadeye

Its already enough work going on pubs with noobs that think that I should baby sit the pod while they kill everything, imagine that on a whole new level with two teams, how fun could that be right?

Oh god, let's scrap an idea because it requires some work. Scrap the whole game, because god forbid the designers think a little.

Do you people just lurk here, read 5 lines and say NOPE. With nothing but semantics, and disinterest outside of the status quo?

No, lets scrap your idea because it takes away valuable time from the focus of the game, PvE. If the mode was added, ok, fine, but to balance it and make it fair for every frame, it'd require an INSANE amount of work, just from the testing to see what's OP and what isn't.

edit: Would some form of PvP be cool? Yeah. Right now? F@#% NO. The game's focus is barely developed I feel, there's just a huge grind currently, and there's no story (yet), not to mention the bugs and stuff.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

No, lets scrap your idea because it takes away valuable time from the focus of the game, PvE. If the mode was added, ok, fine, but to balance it and make it fair for every frame, it'd require an INSANE amount of work, just from the testing to see what's OP and what isn't.

Plus the coding, but ofc the OP can arrange that to work, as its easy as hell and the game barely has any bugs and other sorts of stuff they need to fix, right?

Plus the coding, but ofc the OP can arrange that to work, as its easy as hell and the game barely has any bugs and other sorts of stuff they need to fix, right?

Ofc! coding and playtesting for balance is ezpz. And bugs? What bugs? I certainly didn't have a nasty bug with loki earlier that when sargas ruk bullet attracts you while you're invis you lose all sound until you restart (and of the 2 times it's happened, once I lost everything I earned there)

So what about support frame players like myself who use warframes such as Nyx, Loki, and Trinity? What are we supposed to do when we can't get anything out of defense because of some stupid arbitrary kill contest that blatantly favors offensive warframes?

just my 2 cents.