Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two accounts (temporary) on the same computer

AllEru

Question

Hello everyone,

I'm currently spending some time at my partner appartment and we're both playing Warframe. In the past we have often shared platinum and prime components and we are in the same clan. I was wondering, since we're both playing on her computer, do I have to use another steam account, or can I just use hers with my account logs ?

I also wonder, do you recommend to stop sharing anything while we're using the same connection ? And is there a place where we can declare this situation to DE so we're not banned ?

I've seen questions about side accounts/sharing and while it's not our case, I'm still concerned about a ban. :/

Thank you for you time !

Edited by AllEru

6 answers to this question

Yo!

I would always recommend checking through the EULA - https://warframe.com/en/eula - but as a quick answer, you are both allowed separate accounts on the same IP as long as one account is Not blatantly being used to abuse the login rewards or any other game system. You may wish to contact support and explain your situation beforehand so as to avoid any potential flaggings from DE, in case any interactions between your accounts are seen as abusing account interactions.

Support -  https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

There is probably no issue with you sharing her steam account with her permission, but if you are concerned about it you can download a separate, non-steam client for Warframe directly from the website - https://warframe.com/download - this bypasses steam and will not interfere with the steam version of the game you already have installed.

Edited by Orthelius

1. You can log in with the Steam acc you want dosn´t makes any difference.

2. I would recommand it, if you want to be safe, because as far as i know DE has banned acc on the same IP sharing stuff. But i´m often on Lan-Partys and our acc´s where never banned.

On 20/03/2017 at 10:09 PM, Sapphic-Sandra said:

There's no issues. Been running my account and my husband's on the same pc for over a year and never log out of my steam account (you can actually play warframe with steam in offline mode because they're not linked).

Thank you ! I'm glad to hear, I was worried and the support didn't replied to me. :)

Can I ask you if you traded platinum/primes component with your husband, and if you are in the same clan ? We're concerned about that too since we're planning to move together soon and we would like to still be able to trade and help each other.