Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What rarity are research resources for Extractors?

BraveWiles

Question

So I have been wondering if research resources (detonite/mutagen/fieldron) count as common, uncommon, or rare when an Extractor picks out the resource it finds. If it's common I could use Titans, if it's rare I could use Distillers. If it's uncommon or a category all its own then it doesn't particularly matter I suppose. Based on the resource page on the wiki it seems like they're in their own category, but I was wondering if there was anything more concrete in relation to Extractors specifically.

3 answers to this question

Research resources are uncommon items. Common being things like ferrite and alloy plate, and rare being Orokin cells etc.

Titan extractors can gather any resource but Distilling have increased chances for rare resources. Personally i'd go with Titan as they take less time to gather and you can get anything from them.

Better still is if you have Titan Extractor or Distilling Extractor Prime as they gather 2x as many resources

It depends on how often you play I suppose.  Myself personally?  Ttian > Distiller due the time it takes for either to gather resources, four hours vs. eight hours.  The slightly better chance of finding rares with the distiller doesn't outweigh the additional four hours of cooldown.  But that's if you're playing a lot in a single day.  If you're bored with Warframe and are only logging in to get your daily log-in reward and then immediately logging back out...then using the distiller over the titan makes total sense.