Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rift Surge is supposed to deal damage?

Infinitewin

Question

Rift Surge:

Surges nearby Rift-bound enemies with Rift energy. When killed these enemies create a chain reaction that damages other Surged enemies. Surged enemies that leave the Rift perform a radial Banish.

It says that it is supposed to deal damage to other enemies affected by Rift Surge. But the skills affected is Banish Duration, Banish Radius, Power Duration and Power Range. Did DE forgot to put that part of Rift Surge in?

9 answers to this question

Is that the in game description ?

Because from the patchnote there is nothing saying it deals damage

3. Rift Surge:

Void energy surges through Limbo and into the Rift, charging enemies within it. Charged enemies that cross over to the Material Plane will Banish themselves and nearby enemies back into the Rift. When charged enemies die outside of the Rift, they surge and transfer the charge to nearby enemies.

(but actually I was wondering the same thing as you)

I "think" the way that it works is when you kill any enemy that is rift surged, it damages all of the other surged enemies (regardless of which plane they are currently in).

I am not 100% sure though.  I could use some clarity here as well.  I'm going to test it and see if I can see if this is the case.

Please correct me if I am wrong / anyone finds otherwise!  

Also, moving this to Players helping Players!

Edited by (PS4)Crackle2012
Clarity

49 minutes ago, Kubelecer said:

Yes, but the thing is, no damage is happening whatsoever when a surged enemy dies.

Not that i could add much as we're still waiting for the rework but couldn't it be damage extending the rift? Ya know, the simple damage base of standart banishing...

Also, is this all rift surge does now? No damage buff anymore? The buff would require strength..

45 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Not that i could add much as we're still waiting for the rework but couldn't it be damage extending the rift? Ya know, the simple damage base of standart banishing...

Also, is this all rift surge does now? No damage buff anymore? The buff would require strength..

Yea, Limbo has no need for power strength anymore, unless you are using augments or if the 300 projectile limit is affected by power strength.

2 hours ago, Infinitewin said:

Yea, Limbo has no need for power strength anymore, unless you are using augments or if the 300 projectile limit is affected by power strength.

huh...

Can't say the turn from situational damage to strong Cc hurt him in any way but i'm still suprised. Thx for the reply! Gonna rework my build then so i'm ready once the rework comes!

Actually, nvm....30% per affected enemy sounds rather awesome of a damage buff on his new scale...The augument sure is worth the slot now.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

11 hours ago, Infinitewin said:

Why did you move this to PhP when it is a either a bug, something DE forgot to put in or a change in the ingame description is needed?

Moderators don't exactly represent DE's programmers so they don't exactly forward to the bug section themselfes as it's not for them to judge it something is broken or not.

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/11-general/

Have a link. This is where pc buggs for frames are reported.