Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Impressions Of The New Boss (Raptor)

Luminati07

The only Frame right now that can stand toe to toe with the raptor is Frost because he is the only one that has a real defensive shield. The problem, besides the drops of course, are the guys around him, be sure to kill them all off before tackling him so that way a shockwave moa doesn't move you from your globe. I do hope they address the drop rate of the raptor soon.

The only Frame right now that can stand toe to toe with the raptor is Frost because he is the only one that has a real defensive shield. The problem, besides the drops of course, are the guys around him, be sure to kill them all off before tackling him so that way a shockwave moa doesn't move you from your globe. I do hope they address the drop rate of the raptor soon.

Nah, any moderately tanky frame with an accurate weapon works, and put some terrain between you and him whenever he starts popping missiles (agreed on clearing the mooks first, at least if solo). It's not that challenging, it just takes forever, which is the case for most of the newly introduced "difficulty" of U9. Farming components was fun when you could rush bosses. Now it's just a plain chore.

Edited by Winterbraid

He also tends to fly off into the mountain and glitch into it, but can still shoot from it. If that happens, just abandon the mission.

Not entirely a Glitch. Tried it a few times, the mountain is reachable with Excalibur and Vauban's jump skills, And he still drops there, so if you have any of those two, not that all bad of a glitch.

Call me paranoid but I'm sure that they just made this boss impossibly hard and douchey (no drops, OLOL HOMING MISSILEZ EVERYWHERE! etc) just to push the sales on the new frame, once enough people will have purchased nova he'll get the nerf bat right into the testicles ...

for those of you complaining it's too hard to kill i suggest you run with a banshee and frost. Snowglobe for protection and sonar for near instant kill. Already crafting nova parts and soon the warframe.

You go near his "arena"

He flies up

You bring him down to ~70%

You stop firing

He spams missiles

You bring him down to ~30%

You stop firing

He spams missiles

You bring him down

Whole team is looking for loot.

Same thing for next 500 or more runs till you finally get all parts 

The most problem i have with this guy is that his rockets are TINY... Why is that a problem?... Because i don't get a telepgraphy to actually dodge him... If he at least POINTED towards the place he's shooting it would be fine, but most of the time he's just floating there like an oversized osprey with lots of HP...

exactly ive been dieing alot because i have no idea hes even shooting at me until there a missle in my face. i think a good solution to this would be to give him a laser tht indicates where he fires and point maybe 1 or 2 secs before he fires. also ive been noticing tht my health is being dmged at the same time as my shields killing me faster. maybe im just imagining things but has anyone else been experiencing tht? 

on a different note entirely and i hate to ask this but is it really ok tht the drop chance for rare and uncommon/common mats has pretty much reversed? im starting to doubt tht DE did this on purpose. when i finally finished farming raptor for nova, i had like 54 morphics and like 47 con mods. i might run out morphics eventually but con mods i bet ill have for a very long time  (thought this was relevent cause it happens most noticably on raptors map......should i even be saying this?)

Call me paranoid but I'm sure that they just made this boss impossibly hard and douchey (no drops, OLOL HOMING MISSILEZ EVERYWHERE! etc) just to push the sales on the new frame, once enough people will have purchased nova he'll get the nerf bat right into the testicles ...

thought the same thing......

Yeah the Raptor is the least fun boss in Warframe. Though, the drops are still RNG it takes luck and time, and I managed to get all 3 Nova parts without getting any duplicates, so now I never have to fight him again.