Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I don't like the Simulor series

This is mainly for technical reasons and not just a blind hate. Plus I need to say this: I currently play on PS4; I'm not sure if this problem exists on PC. If it does, please let me know.

Anyway, the main reason why I don't like the Simulor is that it causes technical problems. People who spam and continue to stack the Simulor projectiles and have multiple stacks and it causes the framerate to drop which can cause potential freezes and crashes. Another reason why I don't like the Simulor is cause of the weapon itself. I don't like how it fires and its gimmick and this is a personal thing. I know people out there like how it fires and that's fine. And please don't pull the "console pecent, PC master race" type of crap; I'm planning to get a PC, I just can't build one right now. This is meant to be a friendly discussion.

I wouldn't worry about it, with the recent nerf I doubt you'll be seeing many people using the Simulor now.

Also...

11 minutes ago, (PS4)meowseverywhere said:

please don't pull the "console pecent, PC master race" type of crap; I'm planning to get a PC, I just can't build one right now. This is meant to be a friendly discussion.

...I'm not sure why you felt the need to include that, this forum is thankfully pretty clear of 'platform war' posts.

We're not idiots who will bash you for owning a console, but when U20 slams into PS4/Xbone, the Simulor shall die...or at least be made less of a game breaker.

Also, since you're planning on PC, welcome to the family, son!

1 minute ago, (PS4)meowseverywhere said:

And did the framerate problem occur while with the Simulor before U20 went live?

Only when it was in the hands of reckless mirage players(not all just the ones who dont know how to alt fire) littering several rooms with about dozens or more of those orbs.

10 hours ago, (PS4)meowseverywhere said:

Plus this might be a little off topic but I'm hearing a lot of good things about U20. How is it so far?

well despite the various network issues in the beginning along with the weird UI explosion/shrinking, as far as im concerned im having a blast with octavia and the quest was actually quite fun the ending was slightly annoying if you dont time your stuff properly but overall i would give it 8/10(bugs and whatnot took the 2/10)

5 hours ago, Omnipower said:

well despite the various network issues in the beginning along with the weird UI explosion/shrinking, as far as im concerned im having a blast with octavia and the quest was actually quite fun the ending was slightly annoying if you dont time your stuff properly but overall i would give it 8/10(bugs and whatnot took the 2/10)

Have you got a chance to check Limbo's rework out?

6 hours ago, Omnipower said:

the quest was actually quite fun the ending was slightly annoying if you dont time your stuff properly

If I were to do it again I'd take Loki into the final quest for his Invisibility and Switch Teleport.

Also, you can crouch to avoid damage/stagger as the beam sweeps round.

17 hours ago, (PS4)meowseverywhere said:

Yeah i did was kinda confused using it myself but after watching others use him i have some idea of how he works just now i have to actually practice with him now to see if he is any good outside what i used him for before (spy, sabo 2.0 and rescue with huras kubrow)

*cough* I think you mean peasant....not pecent....PEASANT!!!

kidding, but right now, as far as I know, in u20 synoid simulor is the only weapon that can red crit without crit mods.... (yea that's right PC players run along to check for yourself *smug look*)

but anyway

19 hours ago, (PS4)meowseverywhere said:

if I might interject there. I have played it a lot, and its GREAT. IF you know how to use it, and that's a big if, a lot of people seem to not care and think he's still bad, even though I can dominate hieracon with him......

7 minutes ago, Ironlixivium said:

if I might interject there. I have played it a lot, and its GREAT. IF you know how to use it, and that's a big if, a lot of people seem to not care and think he's still bad, even though I can dominate hieracon with him......

I haven't tried him myself yet since the rework, but the idea that you have to be out of the rift yourself to put enemies in the rift sounds like a big change to his playstyle and potentially worrisome for such a fragile frame.

honestly I barely use his 1st ability, its completely irrelevant unless I need one thing in the rift, like a sentient or something. Even then, just dodge out, tap one and dodge back in. It almost no time at all, and is not worth the energy people are giving to complain about it imo.

2 hours ago, Ironlixivium said:

*cough* I think you mean peasant....not pecent....PEASANT!!!

kidding, but right now, as far as I know, in u20 synoid simulor is the only weapon that can red crit without crit mods.... (yea that's right PC players run along to check for yourself *smug look*)

but anyway

Yeah, kinda knew that I spelled it wrong; I'm not great with spelling. Also, about his rework, I'm so glad he's good now. I really like Limbo. But what about someone else... *cough* Hydroid *cough*