Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

help me figure out how to build banshee prime as a new player

Holonomic

Question

Hi there I've just started playing the game but decided to buy the banshee prime pack to give me a boost. (Sorry if this is considered lame, but she seemed like a nice follow on from MAG which I'd be able to use in 'end game' content)

So I'm currently at around level 20 with her and have leveled the gun she came with to around the same. Obviously the gun is much better than anything I have and I'm pretty much able to one shot some things. But my aim is not that great and when I miss I feel rather ineffective with its small clip and long reload... Obviously:p

So before I ask about builds for the warframe I'd like to know what I should be aiming for in terms of weaponry? I'd like to keep the shotgun pistol as my secondary, so what about the primary? I was thinking of either a) the tonker grenade launcher b) one of those semi auto aim energy weapons to clear easy mobs? c) Another suggestion. Could someone suggest what primary I could/should use along with the mods?

I'm using the dux melee weapon currently.

What about the sentinel? I'm using the helio prime which came with the pack.... should i aim to change his for something else? If so which one. I wish they would hover further away from my field of view... it gets in my way too much!!

N9w onto the builds... I'd like to make her my main but I'm also working on getting trinity for more supportive group work. I'm really liking silence bug appreciate how good sonar would be on higher level missions... could you suggest builds for solo and casual play and also builds for group play, are they different?

I'm sorry for making this thread with so many questions which I'm sure have been answered before but with recent updates I'm unsure on the relativity of them.

Many thanks

3 answers to this question

this one shows some good builds. you can also go for a resonating banshee, but most ppl hate this build b/c it kills all enemies at the spawn.

Since you want to stay with your Euphona i'd suggest an assault rifle. Tonkor could be good too and has a large cc/oneshots most mobs but since you said you have bad aiming this could end you killing yourself. Try the Soma (Prime), Boltor Prime, Telos Boltor or the new weapon Tenora.

Try to get Serration and Hornet Strike and max them as fast as possible. You also need to Forma your stuff quite often to be effective after lv 30/40 ish, and definitly after 50.

Helios Prime is pretty fine. Get some good survivability mods as Vitality/Redirection for him and he is somewhat beefy. Also he scans enemies as long as you have scanner equipped

Solo play would be good with a build focused around her fourth.

For this build, you'll want to mod for range, efficiency, and power. The augment for her would help.

Group play would either be a sonar build and you could also build for her fourth.

For sonar I'd recommend range and strength. 

As for weapons, what MR are you?

If you have a low MR and have bought the Banshee Prime Access pack then don't expect to be getting any "on par" primary weapons until you begin ranking up to around Mastery rank 12.

No one can suggest main primary weapons for you specifically; that's down to you. If you don't have the right mods for Banshee and for the Euphoria then you are limiting the capability of the secondary and Warframe entirely, focus on understanding the game's mechanics before you seek out another weapon which is out of your reach; it's better to gain an understanding about each weapon before you go seeking out another one, the same applies for Helios.

If you do not intend to scan enemies regularly/don't care about it then Helios Prime is not the sentinel you should be seeking. Carrier Prime or Wyrm Prime (Wyrm Prime is vaulted) will be a better option. You haven't mentioned what MR you are; this makes it difficult to give any sort of recommendation be it on builds, weapons or warframes.

Edited by (PS4)decogold
grammar fix