Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Lore Questions

-Platinum-

Question

Hay Guys

So, after a bit of reading, I wanted to learn a bit more about Warframe's Lore, being a mostly RP person, this type of things interest me quite a lot. However, there are a few things that I am not fully understanding yet. So I'm looking for you players, out there, mostly who are really into Lore give me some feedback on it.

Please note, that this topic will contain spoilers. 

Infested Controlled Warframe:

We first saw this, from the Mesa Quest, when we needed to gather her parts and find her, it's said that the Warframe is "not a Tenno. That's a hollow Warframe being puppeted by Infested flesh. Put it out of its misery."  Now my question is: Does this mean, that any Infested being, or least that has the Hivemind capable of controlling and meaning a Warframe to its will?

What I mean is, if were all possible, could a Warframe become completely indoctrinated by Infested Control, to the point it could control its powers?, We already have a purely Infested frame, what's stopping the Infested from, taking control of a Unmanned Warframe?, I need a confirmation on this, if it were possible or not.

Hunhow & Shadow:

So, this is more of a final understanding, but do we know exactly why Shadow, sided with Hunhow?, He was not under his control, I tell you that much, But I just wonder if. a Tenno would happen to end up doing the same, out of blind hate and revenge.

If anyone can help me with this, that will be great.

Cheers

5 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

What I mean is, if were all possible, could a Warframe become completely indoctrinated by Infested Control, to the point it could control its powers?, We already have a purely Infested frame, what's stopping the Infested from, taking control of a Unmanned Warframe?, I need a confirmation on this, if it were possible or not.

My headcanon is that when a Tenno takes a Warframe, the Warframe will create a symbiotic link with their Operator (they are to a certain point alive), and the bond between Operator and Warframe will be too strong for the Infestation. Even if, say, the Warframe is not being used at the moment.

That infested Mesa probably had never been used by a Tenno (so it had no link to protect it), was exposed to the infestation for a considerable amount of time, and Alad V had to use his considerable knowledge to make it happen anyway. Any of these conditions is probably very rare, and does not apply to the Warframes we use.

6 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

So, this is more of a final understanding, but do we know exactly why Shadow, sided with Hunhow?

Sure, the Stalker (who is not an Orokin nor a Tenno) is loyal to the (now dead) Orokin and hates the Tenno, while the Sentient hates the Orokin and the Tenno - but the Orokin are dead, and as long as that's the case, the Stalker and Hunhow can put their difference aside and concentrate on the enemy they both hate.

9 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

But I just wonder if. a Tenno would happen to end up doing the same, out of blind hate and revenge.

Some Tenno have sided with the Stalker (the Acolytes). However, that does not mean they are ally with Hunhow.

I personally don't think that Hunhow would ally himself with any Tenno (even if the Tenno wanted to). As far as we know Hunhow hates all Tenno, none excluded. We are weapons created to destroy Hunhow and his spawn: Hunhow has no reason to cooperate or accept the Tenno.

21 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

My headcanon is that when a Tenno takes a Warframe, the Warframe will create a symbiotic link with their Operator (they are to a certain point alive), and the bond between Operator and Warframe will be too strong for the Infestation. Even if, say, the Warframe is not being used at the moment.

That infested Mesa probably had never been used by a Tenno (so it had no link to protect it), was exposed to the infestation for a considerable amount of time, and Alad V had to use his considerable knowledge to make it happen anyway. Any of these conditions is probably very rare and does not apply to the Warframes we use.

I understand that I can see that they gain a symbolic link and what have you, and that is quite the headcanon. Only makes sense that way. However I'm not too flavoured about the Operators, but what I'm asking is:

What's stopping the Infested from taking complete control of a frame that never had a link, yes granted, the frames we have are linked, but there are endless supply of "Warframes", you could have a frost, but another Tenno does as well, but what if, out there, there is a Forst Frame, that's not linked up yet. 

Rare, yes, but I'm guessing, if this were to be in some kind of Role perspective, it would take the Infested a long time to do such?.

Edited by -Platinum-
Edited Spelling

21 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

Sure, the Stalker (who is not an Orokin nor a Tenno) is loyal to the (now dead) Orokin and hates the Tenno, while the Sentient hates the Orokin and the Tenno - but the Orokin are dead, and as long as that's the case, the Stalker and Hunhow can put their difference aside and concentrate on the enemy they both hate.

Some Tenno has sided with the Stalker (the Acolytes). However, that does not mean they are allied with Hunhow.

I personally don't think that Hunhow would ally himself with any Tenno (even if the Tenno wanted to). As far as we know Hunhow hates all Tenno, none excluded. We are weapons created to destroy Hunhow and his spawn: Hunhow has no reason to cooperate or accept the Tenno.

I see, I understand allying with Stalker, but I still do wonder if a Tenno, would go so far, in "joining" Hunhow's perspective against the Tenno, but then again. That is troubling. but who knows.

42 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

What's stopping the Infested from taking complete control of a frame that never had a link, yes granted, the frames we have are linked, but there are endless supply of "Warframes", you could have a frost, but another Tenno does as well, but what if, out there, there is a Forst Frame, that's not linked up yet. 

Rare, yes, but I'm guessing, if this were to be in some kind of Role perspective, it would take the Infested a long time to do such?.

We never find fully built Warframes around the Solar System. We find schematics, which we build ourselves in our Foundry. That Mesa was assembled by Alad V (or otherwise un-linked from its Tenno) and exposed to the Infestation - it wasn't a Mesa just lying around somewhere, it was a Mesa which Alad V prepared to the purpose of Infesting it.

The Infestation however can't build Warframes, and doesn't find many unlinked Warframes just lying around.

46 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

I see, I understand allying with Stalker, but I still do wonder if a Tenno, would go so far, in "joining" Hunhow's perspective against the Tenno, but then again. That is troubling. but who knows.

Your guess is as good as mine.

I mean, your question is basically "is any Tenno completely batsh*t insane?", to which the answer is "maybe?"

No matter, the Tenno might agree with Hunhow's opinions. However, Hunhow will still not accept to work with the Tenno, most likely.