Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavation Power Carrier Spawns

TheCynicalSuperior

A very painful problem I noticed when doing the Limbo quest now that the Limbo Rework came, and I'm actually interested in the frame, is that when I was grinding the excavations for his parts blueprints. Power Carriers just simply would not spawn for extended periods of time. Things to note were that I was soloing all missions and while I've noticed this problem even in 4 player missions, the lowered spawn rate for carriers in a solo excavation mission means that I was sit waiting by an excavator, twiddling my thumbs for entire minutes on end before a power cell carrier spawned in, and other times there were spawning two or three at once. This kind of inconsistency was extremely frustrating while I was trying to get Limbo's parts, and frankly I don't know why there isn't some sort of system that guarantees a spawn when the excavator has run out of power, so you're never exactly left just waiting idly to see if a power cell carrier spawned or not

I actually was about to post that I have been standing next to an extractor for more than an hour waiting on a powercell. I wouldn't solo the mission but no one else is doing it. Like not even the grinder apparently lol no enemies at all after extractor C unless you go up/down an elevator. Then they spawn on the previous extractor and destroy it while you are trying to rush the elevator back to save it (why try when they don't have powercells anyway lol)

Edited by (PS4)JayGrym
addition of information, ongoing dilemma

I soloed the Limbo theorem recently and it took me many runs to finally get all of the bits. For a few dozen runs I had zero issues with battery spawns but on my very last run I spent several minutes standing by an extractor (the second one of that run) and in that time not only did I see no battery spawns but maybe 3 enemies total for 5 minutes or so. Whilst sitting there I thought it would be very ironic if that was the run that got me the last piece. Then a few enemies appeared, I grabbed a battery... and got the last piece :crylaugh:

RNG decides which enemies spawn, so if you're unlucky you might go long without power cells.

Enemy spawns are also tied to the amount of enemies you kill (IIRC), so less kills means less spawns. If you only kill power carriers you will get less spawns, getting you less power.

Also, enemies won't spawn in the same room as you, this should not be a problem but there seems to be a bug where enemies lose interest in you, so they just stay where they are.

I've had the same issue, it seems power carriers just don't spawn as soon as the first excavator touches ground. There'll usually be 4 or 5 at the start of the mission, but once the first excavator goes down they just spawn so rarely you'll end up waiting 15+ minutes for the next one