Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with a Riven mod

LazyW0lf

Question

"Syntesize a Simaris target without using traps or abilities while having a Hobbled Dragon Key equipped without taking damage"

How am I even supposed to complete this?

The only frame I can be invulnerable with without using abilities is Limbo but I can't scan a target in a different plane.

6 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, LazyW0lf said:

"Syntesize a Simaris target without using traps or abilities while having a Hobbled Dragon Key equipped without taking damage"

How am I even supposed to complete this?

The only frame I can be invulnerable with without using abilities is Limbo but I can't scan a target in a different plane.

You can use abilities and take damage up until the target shows up on your map, as far as I know. Also, you don't have the description telling you you have to do it alone, so other people could use abilities on it and it shouldn't stop your Riven unlocking. For example, another Rhino can stomp the whole room and keep it in the air, or a Vauban can Bastille/Vortex to keep the room clear while you scan the target and run like hell for extraction ^-^

11 hours ago, Jeahanne said:

You can use abilities and take damage up until the target shows up on your map, as far as I know. Also, you don't have the description telling you you have to do it alone, so other people could use abilities on it and it shouldn't stop your Riven unlocking. For example, another Rhino can stomp the whole room and keep it in the air, or a Vauban can Bastille/Vortex to keep the room clear while you scan the target and run like hell for extraction ^-^

That's actually not correct in my experience.  I had a clanmate get this challenge, so I ran it with him and another clanmate.  It insta-failed when one of us (not the person with the riven) used a power near the target.  It may have been a bug, but it did fail the riven challenge.

Edited by (XB1)R3d P01nt
Added info

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

That's actually not correct in my experience.  I had a clanmate get this challenge, so I ran it with him and another clanmate.  It insta-failed when one of us (not the person with the riven) used a power near the target.  It may have been a bug, but it did fail the riven challenge.

Interesting. That's good to know, thank you.

You cannot take any damage at all during the mission until after you complete the scan. You can however use powers before hand. I usually go invisible as Ivara at the beginning and hunt the target and scan while still invisible. No failure.