Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming Is A Freaking Pain In The Butt Now

Bushinji

Congrats whinegums, for having your game difficulty raised. Cause not only did you get a nightmare mode (which quite genius in my opinion), the WHOLE solar system's level has been raised.

So when I go farming now while ranking low level weapons , not only does it take more time to finish the mission, I also farm MUCH FREAKIN SLOWER >_>

Let me get this straight: because there's players that only use the most powerful weapons and whine about the game being too easy, other players who like to try out the whole variety of Warframe's weapons AND want to farm in the meantime, should have their gameplay messed up.

Great.

Well.. most people who farmed said they had a hard time collecting the resources because of dojos. But now since they scaled it down (waaay too much  in my opinion. I built my whole dojo today after trying to collect resources for a connector before the update XD) farming should be much more manageable for dojos. If you're farming for weapons weapons don't require THAT much compared to dojos and you could probably pull it off in like an hour for any weapon... maybe except the gorgon and prime weapons >.< . Leveling up might be an issue... but I love the new change to the game hehe. 

I love it! It WAS way too easy before. Not even T3 Void was a real challenge. I love every part of the update that made the game a little harder, including the artifact - aura mod conversion. Makes you think more about what to take with you.

Excellent choices they made there. You now need to use more tactics and stuff. 

While some people will always be gluttons for punishment, farming shouldn't be hard.

Why? Because you are FARMING, you are doing a boring,repetitive task to gain something. The more difficulty it is the more annoying it is to the gamer, who really doesn't want to be doing this in the first place.

While some people will always be gluttons for punishment, farming shouldn't be hard.

Why? Because you are FARMING, you are doing a boring,repetitive task to gain something. The more difficulty it is the more annoying it is to the gamer, who really doesn't want to be doing this in the first place.

Spoken like a pro; Bravo Empiren, bravo :)

Well... you're welcome I think. The game was far too easy before indeed, with ANY weapon.

Now you just need to level your weapon on lower level planets and system.

Maybe for you it hurts to think a little, idk. There are several options out there, and you still can always take a group to kappa or kiste.

And with this kind of post, the OP calls US whinegums. For the love of...

I love how the elitists are like "this game NEEDED the difficulty, you just SUCK, go back to Mercury and STAY there until you become 1337 like US".

You know what the problem here is? There was no REAL difficulty increase. By increasing mission and enemy levels all around, DE accomplished nothing but make enemies more bullet spongey and punishing without introducing more enemy variety or more interesting enemy AI. Gameplay is still extremely grindy, enemies still rely on stunlock, they simply made the farming process even longer and harder than before, while keeping casual players out of even more parts of the game. Instead of scaling mission levels with the number of players in the group, they simply made solo even less viable than before, so if you have a bad internet connection well "TOUGH LUCK". It's just...LAZY.

What DE could've (and probably should've) done was implement Nightmare Mode as a completely new solar system (they said they were going to introduce a new system anyway), unlocked after a player has beaten every mission on the normal solar system. Not only does this reduce the RNG-ness of the current Nightmare Mode and its other problems (such as having a nightmare mode slapped onto a boss fight when i wanted to farm), it would also give players a reason to complete every single mission. A Nightmare System would also be epic end-game content, just as long as alerts don't show up there. Elite players get the difficulty they want, while casual players and farmers continue to get what they want from the normal solar system. Everyone wins.

tl;dr The all-round level increase of the game did not introduce more real difficulty, but simply made farming more laborious while slapping casual players in the face to appease the elite crowd's schadenfreude. DE should have instead made a Nightmare Mode solar system.

Edited by Madotsuki

But hey, since now farming is so difficult and annoying, they have the solution for you... YOU CAN BUY EVERYTHING YOU NEED FROM THE MARKET!!! YAAYYY!!

OK Seriously... I WANT to believe that the new difficulty is not as intended and we are just testing it (and it is fine cause this is still on beta, and we are the testers) BUT if this is the first step from "free to play" to "pay to win" I will simply stop playing this game, as much as I like it.

There are two issues I see with this update.

1. The game hasn't really become more difficult. The complainers were complaining that even level 100 enemies weren't a challenge. So I don't see how adding more level 50-70 enemies makes it better.

2. Rushing might have become harder, but the reason why people were rushing (a.k.a. drop rates) doesn't seem to have been addressed.

You can't just look at the changes from the perspective of a Mastery 7+ player who already has almost everything. Bosses have become even more of bullet sponges and DPS hoses than they used to be, but that merely means it will take even longer to farm Warframe parts than it used to take.

Take Lech Kril for example. He's now much tougher solo than he used to be with a squad. I used to be able to take him down in a reasonable amount of time, but that's no longer the case; coupled with his now-level 60 minions, I dare say he's no longer rushable solo. But how am I supposed to get the regular Frost if I can't rush him? With his current difficulty, it would be fair if he dropped a blueprint every time I beat him. However that's not the case.

Congrats whinegums, for having your game difficulty raised. Cause not only did you get a nightmare mode (which quite genius in my opinion), the WHOLE solar system's level has been raised.

So when I go farming now while ranking low level weapons , not only does it take more time to finish the mission, I also farm MUCH FREAKIN SLOWER >_>

Let me get this straight: because there's players that only use the most powerful weapons and whine about the game being too easy, other players who like to try out the whole variety of Warframe's weapons AND want to farm in the meantime, should have their gameplay messed up.

Great.

The game was far too easy. Now at the lower end its a touch to hard. Give them time to balance it mate. The higher level planets are perfect. All the new options are brilliant. They just need to tweak the lower end stuff for newer people and also people who just want to play for fun and relax with friends as they play.

Now the hardcore gamers have something to get their teeth into. You had your fun for months doing the nice easy go lucky farming. You will only have to wait a day or 2 to get your old game play back. It took months of screaming for us to get higher level challenges.

Edited by stacey69

What are you talking about? They finally made farming productive. Been running Psamathe nightmare for the past couple hours and I finally have a surplus of control modules (up to about 50). Before this update I'd be lucky to get 5 in that amount of time. This update is the best thing to happen to this game in a long time.

The game was far too easy. Now at the lower end its a touch to hard. Give them time to balance it mate. The higher level planets are perfect. All the new options are brilliant. They just need to tweak the lower end stuff for newer people and also people who just want to play for fun and relax with friends as they play.

Now the hardcore gamers have something to get their teeth into. You had your fun for months doing the nice easy go lucky farming. You will only have to wait a day or 2 to get your old game play back. It took months of screaming for us to get higher level challenges.

Yes but you don't nerf the soloers just to have a challenge in a squad.

DE needs to fix the issue for lower mastery players and people who just solo exclusively.

Telling people to join a squad is counterproductive if their machines or connections cannot handle it.

What are you talking about? They finally made farming productive. Been running Psamathe nightmare for the past couple hours and I finally have a surplus of control modules (up to about 50). Before this update I'd be lucky to get 5 in that amount of time. This update is the best thing to happen to this game in a long time.

Did the blueprint drop rates improve too? Because if not, then making the bosses tougher is a straightforward downgrade to warframe availability.

Edited by Winterbraid

Yes but you don't nerf the soloers just to have a challenge in a squad.

DE needs to fix the issue for lower mastery players and people who just solo exclusively.

Telling people to join a squad is counterproductive if their machines or connections cannot handle it.

I have no proof of what I am about to say but I think for some reason when they touch the Grineer at level 40-55 it seems to effect them at level 1 and vice versa. I mostly solo and I did find playing even on mercury a challenge when I first loaded my new frame and weapons. Its was a bit of a shock to be honest. I would imagine setting difficulty is a nightmare in a game this size. I would just take a few planets and make them user friendly and then give the option like with Loki - Advanced or do you want to move on to this x x x planet that is x x x harder but the rewards are x x x better.

I know when I level a frame and weapons again I will think twice before rushing in even on mercury. I prefer this harder gameplay but I can see people will be bemused by it and might even walk away from the game. Warframe needs to lose the bad players who moan because they cant faceroll everything and press 1 key to win. Warframe does not need to lose newer or more casual players who are good players but need a ittle help or a more relaxed environment to play in.

I would like to know if they can just adjust level 1 Grineer without it cascading onto the higher level ones. If they can then this is easy to fix and the chilled farmer/gamers can get what they want without @(*()$ me off and making me play high level planets with the AI and difficulty of a &#036;&amp;*&amp;*#(%&amp; monkey.

Edited by stacey69

I have no proof of what I am about to say but I think for some reason when they touch the Grineer at level 40-55 it seems to effect them at level 1 and vice versa. I mostly solo and I did find playing even on mercury a challenge when I first loaded my new frame and weapons. Its was a bit of a shock to be honest. I would imagine setting difficulty is a nightmare in a game this size. I would just take a few planets and make them user friendly and then give the option like with Loki - Advanced or do you want to move on to this x x x planet that is x x x harder but the rewards are x x x better.

I know when I level a frame and weapons again I will think twice before rushing in even on mercury. I prefer this harder gameplay but I can see people will be bemused by it and might even walk away from the game. Warframe needs to lose the bad players who moan because they cant faceroll everything and press 1 key to win. Warframe does not need to lose newer or more casual players who are good players but need a ittle help or a more relaxed environment to play in.

I would like to know if they can just adjust level 1 Grineer without it cascading onto the higher level ones. If they can then this is easy to fix and the chilled farmer/gamers can get what they want without @(*()$ me off and making me play high level planets with the AI and difficulty of a &#036;&amp;*&amp;*#(%&amp; monkey.

Are you going to make up the money casual gamers spend on this game? are you going to spend 8 grand every update to make up for all the lost players due to the curve of the game? You want only hardcore gamers to play the game? Games going to the grave isn't it? money doesn't grow on trees and very few of the majority is willing to join a pay 2 win game such as this, unless they have friends helping them get everything. Case in point the new update will ward off new players while the current player poll leave the game. Those that remain will then have to support the game like no other, but I'm sure that not what you want.

You know what the problem here is? There was no REAL difficulty increase. By increasing mission and enemy levels all around, DE accomplished nothing but make enemies more bullet spongey and punishing without introducing more enemy variety or more interesting enemy AI. Gameplay is still extremely grindy, enemies still rely on stunlock, they simply made the farming process even longer and harder than before, while keeping casual players out of even more parts of the game. Instead of scaling mission levels with the number of players in the group, they simply made solo even less viable than before, so if you have a bad internet connection well "TOUGH LUCK". It's just...LAZY.

You should stop posting what I'm going to say before I even know I'm going to say it. It's rude :(

until ypu go to farm the rubedo for whatever your making and realise it isn't dropping

I think that nightmare mode should be an option in the selection screen before you launch the actual game level.

2 tabs, normal and nightmare. One on the left with a picture of Tenno killing enemies as usual, and one on the right with a big skull and a Tenno getting hammered hard.

Normal lets you farm casually or relax with friends, while nightmare has a scaling system according to whatever you have equipped and your overall mastery.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. DE, SCALING would be appreciated.

how about like a HM button in the corner for people who want punishment, so we have a choice.i cant kill anything well  now im just not that good and it seems to be impossible to get a group. and the map sucks now, i can see if someone is doing the level until you hover over it, alerts dont appear clearly, you cant see what mats are on the planet till you go in to it. can you please drop the difficulty back DE as i was having great fun before now its just too damn hard

Can I be the first to bring the "DEVS GOTTA EAT" argument into this? Ok, here I go:

But how will the devs ever get their money if no one buys crafting materials? Shame on you, they give you all of this game for free and all you do is whine...

Can I be the first to bring the "DEVS GOTTA EAT" argument into this? Ok, here I go:

But how will the devs ever get their money if no one buys crafting materials? Shame on you, they give you all of this game for free and all you do is whine...

Well, farming and crafting is sort of the core mechanic of this game and if you take that away, there won't be much left to do...

until ypu go to farm the rubedo for whatever your making and realise it isn't dropping

This. Hell, I haven't even been able to reliably get ferrite out of Mercury or salvage out of Mars since the update. My last Mars run resulted in four gallium, 2 morphics and two fieldron.

I didn't have too much of a problem with the resource drop rates beforehand either... as-is, unless I plan to build nothing but forma and potatoes, I'm kinda SOL.

Heres what I want to know.... why dose the difficulty matter so much? The game needs to be FUN. Its what games are for. I was having a lot of fun the way it was. Have not really done much with the new stuff yet, but if the defense missions are going to be 5 seconds, like the one I did was, then yeah... tone it down a bit.

i agree i really liked how the old system worked i mean the stuff you wanted to drop didnt always drop and you maybe had to farm a boss for awhile but you at least got rewarded with what you were looking for if you kept at it, and nothing really seemed too hard or too easy to me, i liked being able to solo missions, now with my polorized ogris and volt i tried running terminus without even realizing it was nightmare and died on the first group of enemys i dont see how you can expect a new player to come into this game and want to continue to play it when they just get steam rolled by one guy. i wouldnt mind a nightmare system or a way for players to pump up the difficulty but just because they wanna rush through the game and farm non stop doesnt mean other players should have to suffer through trying to farm a control modual on a lvl 50 nightmare boss for a warframe no ones gonna be able to build anything or farm anything when theyre just starting out and are just not gonna wanna play at all, dont wanna sound like im whining but if you dont tone back the difficulty games gonna die.