Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toxic Chroma Question

(PSN)Crixus044

Question

I know about the reload and holster speed buff, but the wiki mentions something about a toxin proc that automatically occurs to all enemies in range with high power strength, damage equaling 5% of enemies health for the initial instance, and then 50% of that for 9 ticks, automatically refreshes after first proc ends. I have not seen this happen, but i may just not have enough range on my build. Can anyone confirm this mechanic, and does it transfer over to allies?

16 answers to this question

Sorry for beginning not well skilled with videos, skip to around 4:00 min

Strength is Status, it's clear from Overexteded to BR+Intensify+PD tests. Dmg didn't change, but it's visible that with Overextended the Status was applied after few sec. Dmg scales with HP enemies not with Strength: while I increased Strength  :poop: happens, but when I increased lvl of enemies Dmg increased also. Initial Dmg (383) is probably percentage from HP (5%?) and then classic Toxic proc is added 50% (192) in 9 ticks/8 sec, Dmg don't stuck. Vex Armor buff is added not directly but come with first next Proc (or when he reach the cap?). All this also counts for Allies thru Everlasting Ward.

Chears

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099

Hmmm, looks like most of players use him for Credits farm or run Armor-Armor build, which is little bit nonsense for me but it´s another story. Made few amateur tests. Range has no effect as Wiki said. u must have more then 200% power Strength to get 100% chance to start deal a damage, after dmg is trigerred u will get 1 tick which is equal to 5% of Enemy health + classic Toxin proc, most important dmg can be inceased with Vex Armor but not with Power Strength. Hope this helps. Bad English as always.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Hmmm, looks like most of players use him for Credits farm or run Armor-Armor build, which is little bit nonsense for me but it´s another story. Made few amateur tests. Range has no effect as Wiki said. u must have more then 200% power Strength to get 100% chance to start deal a damage, after dmg is trigerred u will get 1 tick which is equal to 5% of Enemy health + classic Toxin proc, most important dmg can be inceased with Vex Armor but not with Power Strength. Hope this helps. Bad English as always.

Wow, that's more info than I even asked for. Thank you so so so much. One thing if I may ask, Have you noticed this effect being carried over to teammates if you're using the everlasting ward augment? This would make chroma in my opinion, one of the best damage frames in game. 

On 1. 4. 2017 at 0:09 AM, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Wow, that's more info than I even asked for. Thank you so so so much. One thing if I may ask, Have you noticed this effect being carried over to teammates if you're using the everlasting ward augment? This would make chroma in my opinion, one of the best damage frames in game. 

Works with Everlasting ward but add only Strength over 100% Status, fe: 10% is base Status + 244% Strength which is Status in this case, your squadmates will recieve +54% Strength buff, not sure about Status proc.

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099
Elemental words corrected to Everlasting ward

On 4/1/2017 at 5:51 PM, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Works with Elemental words, but add only Strength over 100% Status, fe: 10% is base Status + 244% Strength which is Status in this case, your squadmates will recieve +54% Strength buff, not sure about Status proc.

I'm not sureI quite understand that. Are you saying that the toxic effect will transfer to allies, but only partially?

26 minutes ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

I'm not sureI quite understand that. Are you saying that the toxic effect will transfer to allies, but only partially?

It transfers to allies as long as they stay in range of Chroma unless Chroma is using the Everlasting Ward augment, in which case they can run away as far as they want and the ward will remain for the same duration as Chroma.

On 3/31/2017 at 6:50 AM, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Range has no effect as Wiki said. u must have more then 200% power Strength to get 100% chance to start deal a damage, after dmg is trigerred u will get 1 tick which is equal to 5% of Enemy health + classic Toxin proc, most important dmg can be inceased with Vex Armor but not with Power Strength. Hope this helps. Bad English as always.

Range does effect the ward, but is not really necessary for Ice Chroma since his ward is just additional armor and shielding vs projectiles. The other 3 range comes into play for the damage they deal to the enemy. You really need to have some range for electricity and toxin to be useful for damaging enemies.

Edited by (XB1)Sacrfishal Lamb

6 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Default: 10% Status Chance

BR+Intensify+PD= +144% Strength 

90% from Strength is converted to Status Chance to hit 100%, with Default 10%, added to Allies

54% Strength left, this buff apears on Allies HUD, but I have no idea where it goes to.

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)Sacrfishal Lamb said:

Range does effect the ward, but is not really necessary for Ice Chroma since his ward is just additional armor and shielding vs projectiles. The other 3 range comes into play for the damage they deal to the enemy. You really need to have some range for electricity and toxin to be useful for damaging enemies.

Range is fixed on Toxic Chroma, wife approved. 

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099

5 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

90% from Strength is converted to Status Chance to hit 100%, with Default 10%, added to Allies

54% Strength left, this buff apears on Allies HUD, but I have no idea where it goes to.

No, range is not fixed. Look at abilities with mod cards on. 

Elemental Ward with Stretch and Overextended: 23m

Elemental Ward with Stretch Only:~12m

Elemental Ward with Overextended Only: 18m

Elemental Ward without Stretch or Overextended: 7m

So for example if you are playing an Electric Chroma and a Heavy Gunner shoots you from 15m away, you'd better have some range, otherwise the electric bolt from your ward won't reach him until you are giving him a hug. 

The ONLY thing that has a fixed range on Chroma is his Effigy power. Please stop confusing the original poster with guesswork.

The effigy buff doesn't "go anywhere". If you are an ally and WITHIN the range of the effigy, you benefit from it's effects. Leave the range, you don't benefit. If you have Everlasting Ward on the Chroma, then when the ally leaves the range the elemental ward affect is maintained on the ally regardless of range for as long as Chroma's Ward is on.

On 3/31/2017 at 6:50 AM, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Hmmm, looks like most of players use him for Credits farm or run Armor-Armor build, which is little bit nonsense for me but it´s another story. 

It's pretty clear you don't play Chroma much. 

30 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Sacrfishal Lamb said:

No, range is not fixed. Look at abilities with mod cards on. 

Elemental Ward with Stretch and Overextended: 23m

Elemental Ward with Stretch Only:~12m

Elemental Ward with Overextended Only: 18m

Elemental Ward without Stretch or Overextended: 7m

So for example if you are playing an Electric Chroma and a Heavy Gunner shoots you from 15m away, you'd better have some range, otherwise the electric bolt from your ward won't reach him until you are giving him a hug. 

The ONLY thing that has a fixed range on Chroma is his Effigy power. Please stop confusing the original poster with guesswork.

The effigy buff doesn't "go anywhere". If you are an ally and WITHIN the range of the effigy, you benefit from it's effects. Leave the range, you don't benefit. If you have Everlasting Ward on the Chroma, then when the ally leaves the range the elemental ward affect is maintained on the ally regardless of range for as long as Chroma's Ward is on.

It's pretty clear you don't play Chroma much. 

Sure and u play probably only Ice element. I spent around 1hr in Simulacrum to test all possibilities on Toxic Chroma, so plz, do the same before u start blaming.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

So the ally effect range is affected by mods, but debuff isn't? That means everlasting ward makes range not needed on chroma right? And what is it you meant by 10% status chance? According to the wiki, it has a 50% chance per second. Is there a second status chance that is calculated for allies?

56 minutes ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

So the ally effect range is affected by mods, but debuff isn't? That means everlasting ward makes range not needed on chroma right? And what is it you meant by 10% status chance? According to the wiki, it has a 50% chance per second. Is there a second status chance that is calculated for allies?

Range is 5m for all. Strength in this case turned into Status Chance, u can increase Dmg only thru Vex Armor. Default 10% Status Chance is the blue number in your abilities window so u need 90% Strength aka Status Chance to hit 100% Status Chance to get Toxin Proc from every new contact with enemy, Dmg depends...., hmmm I think I will make a Video, because this whole Mechanism, it's hard for me to describe.

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099

2 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Range is 5m for all. Strength in this case turned into Status Chance, u can increase Dmg only thru Vex Armor. Default 10% Status Chance is the blue number in your abilities window so u need 90% Strength aka Status Chance to hit 100% Status Chance to get Toxin Proc from every new contact with enemy, Dmg depends...., hmmm I think I will make a Video, because this whole Mechanism, it's hard for me to describe.

That would be amazing. Thank you, because I was never a fan of chroma until I saw that on the wiki. Now, I'm very interested in finding out how good that combo can be. Goodnight corpus lol

16 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Sorry for beginning not well skilled with videos.

Strength is Status, it's clear from Overexteded to BR+Intensify+PD tests. Dmg didn't change, but it's visible that with Overextended the Status was applied after few sec. Dmg scales with HP enemies not with Strength: while I increased Strength  :poop: happens, but when I increased lvl of enemies Dmg increased also. Initial Dmg (383) is probably percentage from HP (5%?) and then classic Toxic proc is added 50% (192) in 9 ticks/8 sec, Dmg don't stuck. Vex Armor buff is added not directly but come with first next Proc (or when he reach the cap?). All this also counts for Allies thru Everlasting Ward.

Chears

Beautiful, thank you both for this. I'm gonna start using chroma a whole more now. Especially against corpus.  This is a beautiful tactic that is very underappreciated and unknown. I can just see the frame combos work themselves in lol

2 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Beautiful, thank you both for this. I'm gonna start using chroma a whole more now. Especially against corpus.  This is a beautiful tactic that is very underappreciated and unknown. I can just see the frame combos work themselves in lol

You're welcome. U probably become a Toxic pioneer because majority of players use Chroma just for Credits farm or with Ice element while they are screaming how the other Elements are broken and need rework. Combos, can't imagine how this works with f.e. Saryn. Oh forgot, Everlasting Ward don't work with Companions and Negative Duration has no effect, like on EV Trinity, on this Ability.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

You're welcome. U probably become a Toxic pioneer because majority of players use Chroma just for Credits farm or with Ice element while they are screaming how the other Elements are broken and need rework. Combos, can't imagine how this works with f.e. Saryn. Oh forgot, Everlasting Ward don't work with Companions and Negative Duration has no effect, like on EV Trinity, on this Ability.

Well saryn toxic lash guarantees the popping of one spore per strike, which with chroma, on a level 100 enemy may not show extreme results, but take an endurance runner like me, going 3-4 hours regularly into a survival, put a toxic chroma up against a level 1500 corpus tech, that toxin damage with max strength vex armor will be around 31% of that super high enemy's health. Saryn spores takes 25% (affected by power strength), of the largest proc and adds it to the spore damage that ticks to all enemies in about 28 meters range. I wanna try that out, in fact, you are a toxic chroma user, and you've convinced me. We both are on ps4, how about this weekend, we try out that combo against some high level missions?