The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too Pay To Win Now

Feenster

WHy do you guys feel the need to argue knowing no side is going to flop. You would have better luck driving a tank on water than winning this argument.

Dancing with sharks is even easier.

Imagine if everybody in the world thought this way... "Oh well, we know the anti-gay-rights activists are never going to see it from out point of view so we may as well give up on campaigning for the rights we deserve"

Elaborate on how it makes my argument null and void[sic]. We are using a third party to define P2W [which we can] because the intent of the message isn't towards Warframe, it is towards F2P games in general aka unbiased.

Because you can't buy anything in this game which makes it impossible for non-playing players to compete.

Imagine if everybody in the world thought this way... "Oh well, we know the anti-#$$-rights activists are never going to see it from out point of view so we may as well give up on campaigning for the rights we deserve"

Except this decade long argument has no end.

Because you can't buy anything in this game which makes it impossible for non-playing players to compete.

Is that your only argument after having the audacity to claim my own as null and void[sic] ?

Laughable to say the least. Do you have problems with English comprehension? If so, allow me to break down my previous post in a more simplistic manner (not to say that it wasn't already simplistic.)

Pay-to-Win is defined as games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items than everyone else at a faster rate. <- this statement was paraphrased from a third-party definition, It just so happens that it fits warframe's mechanics and model perfectly.

So all of you people claiming this game isn't pay-to-win, according to the most common definition of the term, it is.

Those of you who claim you can't have "P2W" in a PvE game, it is still an online Free to Play game, you pay to gain huge advantages to win it = P2W, case and point: Maple Story.

According to that definition, P2W is a F2P game that allows you to acquire better gear or allows you to create better gear than "everyone else" at a faster rate. Case and point: Ability to purchase Weapons and the ability to Rush weapons (and warframes, materials) in foundry. Including the latter of the definition which you felt the need to point out "even for people who have skill in the game without paying", that portion is irrelevant, hence the conditional word "even". Even if we were to include it, it would still mean exactly the same thing. "Pay-to-Win is defined as games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items than everyone else at a faster rate, even for people who have skill in the game without paying." Note how it means exactly the same thing? with the omitted portion being superfluous at best.

Rest of my post was a quote from wiki defining P2W and myself stating that it is irrelevant what people say, because according to third party unbiased definitions of the term, warframe fits it exactly. This was followed by an example of a game that is also PvE and also P2W, Maplestory.

P2W in PVE lolwat dude, its all stuff you can get in game.  Also, this was asked for during multiple livestreams by the community.  Also, nobody is forcing you to pay >_> you act like your some kind of martyr bc you farmed last week :v big deal we all have.  You're not competing against everybody and its 100% optional, whats the problem?

i make over 100 dollars an hour irl 30 plat in bundles like the 250 dollar 8k plat founders pack make 30 plat nothing to myself and alot of other people w/ already established careers it comes down to people wanting to work for 3 hours for more mats than they could farm all week  if they played 8 hours a day for 7 days straight. One of my friends just tested this he makes much more than i do and he created and finished a dojo using all plat tonight w/ all rooms when we have been working towards a clan dojo over the course of months for me that takes any prestige of having clan weapons out of the game all together. I mean i cannot be alone in this w/ a random drop system for blueprints the grind really comes down to the mat farming thats what has kept me playing. I hope my views on this change as it is 5 13 am here but i doubt it.

If your only reason for playing is farming resources and not having fun with friends while testing out and leveling up the weaps you do have then you are doing it wrong. Also, if you make over $100 an hour, shut up, you can afford to spend your money on whatever you want. Quit your *@##&#036;ing, the term pay to win still doesn't apply because there is no competition involved in getting the clan weapons.

....According to that definition, P2W is a F2P game that allows you to acquire better gear or allows you to create better gear than "everyone else"....

Any "gear" in this game you can buy is not "better" than any gear you can craft. In fact it ends up weakening you, since you don't gain any ranks or personal skill by outright buying something.