Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Sorry, But I Really Must Question Scaling - Both Bosses And The New System Levels.

BlazenFury

And i'm sure i'm not the only one. I know this means there's constant challenge, but sometimes poeple just wanna kill old bosses, or play casually, or something! Not everyone has the ability to always be online y'know, hence the number of soloers.

Now here's a suggestion: port the old system(meaning 55 Ambulas, 4 Vor, lvl 30-40 for Acanth, Eris) but with the same solo rules: lower drop rates on everything(except ammo, perhaps). Keep the new one for Private and Online settings.

Hopefully someone sees this and agrees, cuz i really think this will be win-win for everyone.

I just did a mission on Ceres, expected to breeze through it as per normal... i was wrong, i had to take cover, use abilities and switch my brain on.

Loving the new changes.

Sorry it's not for everyone though.

I just did a mission on Ceres, expected to breeze through it as per normal... i was wrong, i had to take cover, use abilities and switch my brain on.

Loving the new changes.

Sorry it's not for everyone though.

I've been farming Kril and it didn't make him more challenging. No change in tactics or approach, just spend more time in cover because he's a bigger DPS hose and bring ammo boxes because he's a bigger HP sponge. Sitting behind a piece of wall doesn't really count as challenge in my opinion.

And seen that I'm trying to get the regular Frost, it's a rather big setback to me because it means fewer runs per hours and more time to get all the components, which was already fairly ridiculous before.

The update doesn't bring more difficulty because people have steamrolled through lv100 enemies for a long time. It only shuts more content away from new and intermediate players and worsens the time vs. reward ratio. They should be more cautious about putting changes like that in a game that's all about farming.

Edited by Winterbraid

The update doesn't bring more difficulty because people have steamrolled through lv100 enemies for a long time. It only shuts more content away from new and intermediate players and worsens the time vs. reward ratio. They should be more cautious about putting changes like that in a game that's all about farming.

+1.

Elite Players are still mowing through stuff, but now Newbies to Lowbies can't farm solo anymore whatsoever.

So, the Elite get more powerful with better drops... and the Newbies/Lowbies.... remain Newbies/Lowbies because they have to crawl through endless Mercury, Venus and Earth.

I think people are being a bit over-dramatic with the increased difficulty of bosses. The only people I can see who think they're being hindered by this are folks used to farming materials in traditional circa 2002 MMO sleepwalk style (A step in the right direction whenever ANY game moves away from this kind of system), an issue which is already being counterbalanced by increased loot drops across the board.

DE's gotta be pretty frustrated by this - the general community consensus was that the game wasn't challenging enough. Now that they've tried to tweak that, the game's too hard?

It's not too hard.

It's too time-consuming and not in a good way. Simply adding hp and damage to enemies to create a challenge is the cheap and easy method for the developers. I wouldn't have minded update 9 taking a few weeks longer, if they put in more of an effort to create a real challenge, instead of cranking the hp and damage screws tighter.

I think people are being a bit over-dramatic with the increased difficulty of bosses. The only people I can see who think they're being hindered by this are folks used to farming materials in traditional circa 2002 MMO sleepwalk style (A step in the right direction whenever ANY game moves away from this kind of system), an issue which is already being counterbalanced by increased loot drops across the board.

DE's gotta be pretty frustrated by this - the general community consensus was that the game wasn't challenging enough. Now that they've tried to tweak that, the game's too hard?

As somebody that wanted more challenge, it wasnt by making the game impossible for newbies, and yes by ADDING new planets with higher leveled stuff.

Now its just more time spending to farm.

And I know new people will have hard times, I had when my Excal didnt have a potato, and had to use the terrible weapons they give us in the beginning, I had a real hard time farming for my next warframe.

Imagine now that they have made Neptune a 45ish leveled planet, that means a unpotatoed starter frame with those incredible weapons will need help to be dragged inside and get stuff he needs.

This isnt a challenge upgrade, this is a gameplay and fun downgrade. I liked going to low leveled defense with friends just to play around. And Im from Brazil, theres really few people to connect to on maps like Xini, especially cause it was hard already for lowered ranks, so it was damn hard to get 4 people in a pub game, with a decent conection made it even harder, now that they made it even harder, I havent had a single player play with me in Xini, and that is frustrating, just shows how it was a downgrade, at least for me.

They should have given the option for players to go to that high level content if they want, and its not truly high level, its just an increase in time to go through everything, with no real challenge.

Thats my opinion, anyways.

Edited by Hybridon

To be fair, it is. Imagine going through new Earth with a lvl 15 unpotatoed Braton.

However, i do now agree that current players shouldn't complain much, especiallly those with already mid to high end mods(and yes, that includes me. I have highly underestimated how Mods really change a weapon). New players need to stick to lower levels as well, which isn't bad.

What might be bad: if a new player wants a new frame, Control Modules are in Neptune. Level 40-50. Hyena is 50. Think a newbie can get past that?

I had a knee jerk reaction about how hard the new system is, i admit. But anyone still needing to grind is pretty much boned.

I'm going to copy paste this from another thread I just posted on.

---

I'm am soooooooooooooo glad more people are bringing this up. I've only been playing the game for about three or four days,  and when they did all of this enemy/boss rank buffing and nightmare mode crap I started facing difficulties in game because I as well am not a hard-core elitist WARFRAME player. But I came on here last night to complain about it and I got nothing but flack from people who thought that basically I should get over it and learn how to play the game.

It's divided the community, broken the game for newer players, and just completely downgraded the level of fun for a lot of people. But of course, nobody cares because they already have the S#&$ they need to get past these changes.

As much as I love challenges, it's something I want decide when I want to do. Im very casual player. I like to breeze through content in my own pace and such. I never complain if something is to hard, or to easy. Its different for every player.

But, If I want to do the same, but with harder enemies or something, I want to choose to do so. Not being forced to do so. it should be like Diablo 2 or something, when you start a new game, what difficulty you want to play. Farming is insane now. Killing bosses with ceratin frames is almost impossible.

I do like it, but I wish there were an option to choose if you want to play normal or "hardcore" mode. Right now, I dont have fun at all.

I usually play friday and saturday hours straight... Ive been pushing to play today just to gather rare resources when they renerf the drops... other than that, no fun at all for me, its hard to team up, when I do levels are too slow to get past, drop rates are all bugged, and no fun anymore :/

I never thought Id be waiting on a change to actually go back to playing constantly.

This game becomes like hell in terms of challenges. Leveling up new items (meaning constantly using them) will make you downfall before you kill one. Also i can see enemy priority has been tweaked, since they now target your defense object more occasionally instead of you + use covering alot more + surround. It all would have been good on 2+players, but solo most missions gone HARDCORE... Not even talking about "Nightmare" mode

Another causal player here that tends to solo farm (but not bosses, I prefer to go through extermination missions and raids), mostly because the rest of my clan (of 4) don't get on until late at night.  Even when I do have clanmates to play with, we usually do Void runs (still trying to get the last part for Latron Prime and one clanmate still needs Frost systems), though we did run a couple of bosses last night (Golem and Raptor).  I must say, while I like how the planets can be 'scrolled through' now, I don't like how quickly they scale up in difficulty and how drastic the changes are: areas I was once comfortable solo farming in for mats and just leveling new stuff is no longer 'comfortable'.  Hell, one planet has their scaling backwards (I forget which one). 

Another thing I don't like is the sudden lack of a 'beckon' telling you what planet node is being voted on.  Good thing we usually discuss what node to hit via voice chat....