Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U9 Is Insane For Beginners

EirikAura

It does seem like the nightmare mode is a little much on Mercury,they seem to shift around from time to time so patience might get you a normal run you need to finish. I think you are mistaking Mastery Rank for levels, the level range for missions is best compared to the average rank of your weapons added to your frame rank. Assuming that you are keeping your mods up it is a decent comparison. If you can find a decent clan then you will have friends to help you through the more challenging levels. What frames are you guys running? aalso, what weapon loadouts/mods?

The thing, he prefers to play with his wife and take things through their own pace.

It took me till Mastery 4 before I decide to join a clan because I wanted shiny clantech stuff.

And prior to that I was a soloist most of the time.

It does seem like the nightmare mode is a little much on Mercury,they seem to shift around from time to time so patience might get you a normal run you need to finish. I think you are mistaking Mastery Rank for levels, the level range for missions is best compared to the average rank of your weapons added to your frame rank. Assuming that you are keeping your mods up it is a decent comparison. If you can find a decent clan then you will have friends to help you through the more challenging levels. What frames are you guys running? aalso, what weapon loadouts/mods?

Damn, that came up during me typing. Thank you for the explanation of the mission levels, that makes a lot more sense

These are level zero planets. WHY are they nightmare modes? Vor? Couldn't get near him. Even before U9 he was insane. We had to team up with a high-ranker to pass the level, we certainly couldn't kill him. 4 respawns each and no luck, he just kept on coming

Mate relax... There is no way the early planets can stay as they are. I'm sure they will balance it. They just need some feedback first and as far as I can make out even experienced players have struggled using unranked Nova and unranked new weapons. Its just an imbalance. I'm sure they will hotfix the low level planets within a day or so.

I thought skull icons meaning the levels were harder was intuitive? I mean i'd think something is wrong if the next level I did that had a skull on it was significantly harder than the one without the skull. Pretty binary and straight forward reasoning.

I thought skull icons meaning the levels were harder was intuitive? I mean i'd think something is wrong if the next level I did that had a skull on it was significantly harder than the one without the skull. Pretty binary and straight forward reasoning.

Yes but if you options are only 3 nodes on one planet and 2 of them show up as Nightmare, what is the newbie going to do ? 

Play that single node till the RNG Loki decides to stop trolling ?

That's the problem.

The thing, he prefers to play with his wife and take things through their own pace.

It took me till Mastery 4 before I decide to join a clan because I wanted shiny clantech stuff.

And prior to that I was a soloist most of the time.

Yes, we can usually find someone who can lead us through the hard levels, but then what are we doing? Usually running along behind them while they get all the kills, the drops, the xp... This is what happened with Vor, we'd not yet got halfway through the ship when the high-ranker killed him. That's not good gameplay, nor is it fun. We have had some really helpful partners too, but usually they just run off like freaking guided missiles, finishe the mission and nick all the loot while we stumble along in their wake...

The scaling in the game has become pay 2 win, or annoy your friend to carry you if this person exist. The beginning has become harder and easier depending on the level for no good reason. If you advance in the game you will find that grinding past level is needed else your doomed to fail, how many times who knows as many times as you need. Game is basically warding new players off, so old players can laugh at new players. Gaming is going to slowly die due to this update, hardcore base is almost never the way to go. Only games when such a case is true is when the hardcore base can sustain the whole game with some epic amount of money spending every update. Game is now way too unfriendly to new players, don't recommend this game to new players unless they like playing Halo legendary every single stage and like griefing about dying due to large mobs and units that are way too strong.

Edited by HailNight

Hope DE is looking at this :)

Raising levels across the board is wrong especially when casuals still have not unlock most of the stuff.

Making nightmare mode optional or start appearing for people who reach Mastery 4 would be good.

Edited by fatpig84

Thank you Stacey. This right here is the problem - the early levels. I have no issue with upping the higher levels for the people who want things harder. What I have a problem with is the insanity of making the first levels so stupidly difficult. Give us newbs somewhere to learn for gossake.

one of reasons I started playing WF is that learning curve was fair - I was able to WIN during first hourst of gameplay. Now I see newest update changed that - I expect that producer will see serious new players drop due to this change.

Honestly, it can be debated to eternity but the reality is there IS NOT A SINGLE REASON TO NOT HAVE A HARDMODE "SWITCH".

That's just lazyness or oversight from DE. 

Also, its easy to say "just don't do those missions", forgetting BP drop from specific missions. I just did Hyena and she was lv 72. Managed to solo her in the end, but even with Sonar and Maxed kunais with multishot and everything took a while and 2 revives (which is ok, i enjoyed the challenge).

Can't imagine how tough that would be to newcomers who are just looking to build their loki...

Edited by Egioh

Nightmare mode should be able to be turned off imho, especially on the first planets. It's getting really difficult for new players to level. And yes I know that the nightmare missions are marked by the skull emblem, but a new player has to do those missions in order to unlock the next missions. I think the nightmare mode is a great idea for making the game a bit more challenging for high level players, but for the mode to be forced upon new low level players is a bit too much. The easiest solution would be an option to turn it off. That way the high-lvl players will be able to get more challenge and enjoyment from the game and the new players will be able to learn the game and level until they themselves are ready for nightmare mode.

Totally agree with the OP, and I'm mastery 6 or 7 I think.

DE need a nicer curve for beginners, they won't get any money out of people that give up on the game.

Nightmare mode should be totally optional.

I know the skulls are random, but if it appears on your favourite Rubedo farming Exterminate mission which you can take slowly with a low level frame, it's a problem.

To the OP : While DE have a habit of rushed decisions and untested changes, they do often revisit them, hope you get a change soon!

For me the very first mission is a nightmare, that's why I said to go in and try it with an unranked frame and weapons - this is what the new players have to do. They can't skip the first level. THAT is what is so bloody stupid. As for Vor, we are past him now. But do we go to Venus or not? We're still only just on level 1, not even able to get the xp-locked weapons since they are lvl 2. And they want lvl 5-8 or some such for the next levels. Yeah... Thanks U9... Give us faster level progression early and take off the nightmare on early missions. Please.

Okay, so...

The weapons are not level-locked, they're rank locked. Your rank is not your level.

Your level is the level of your individual Warframe; your rank is, I suppose, the level of your overall account. So as far as missions go, compare their stated difficulty with that of your current Warframe.

For me the very first mission is a nightmare, that's why I said to go in and try it with an unranked frame and weapons - this is what the new players have to do. They can't skip the first level. THAT is what is so bloody stupid. As for Vor, we are past him now. But do we go to Venus or not? We're still only just on level 1, not even able to get the xp-locked weapons since they are lvl 2. And they want lvl 5-8 or some such for the next levels. Yeah... Thanks U9... Give us faster level progression early and take off the nightmare on early missions. Please.

When a mission says Lv5-8, that's enemy level. It has nothing to do with your mastery level. You're a mastery Lv1 right now, and you'll be that way for a while. Eventually you'll learn how difficult the different-level enemies are.

For me, starting out was much harder than any Lv60 mission is now. I would recommend you guys do a low-level mission like M-Prime, and keep doing it. Level up your gear and find some mods before you continue on. Once the two of you can finish Tolstoj on your own, then you'll be ready to continue on. BTW, I would recommend Saturn over Venus.

I'm am soooooooooooooo glad more people are bringing this up. I've only been playing the game for about three or four days,  and when they did all of this enemy/boss rank buffing and nightmare mode crap I started facing difficulties in game because I as well am not a hard-core elitist WARFRAME player. But I came on here last night to complain about it and I got nothing but flack from people who thought that basically I should get over it and learn how to play the game.

It's divided the community, broken the game for newer players, and just completely downgraded the level of fun for a lot of people. But of course, nobody cares because they already have the S#&$ they need to get past these changes.

I definitely agree that there needs to be some way to turn nightmare mode on and off. It is a huge disadvantage to new players at the moment. Perhaps a larger warning would also be prudent. Personally I find the difficulty of the nightmare missions themselves quite pleasant. I find it refreshing to actually be stressed and challenged by a game, a trait that is quite rare nowadays.

They did scaling, but they made the same mistakes they make with literally every update.
They didn't test it, they didn't seem to actually think it all the way through.
They're fumbling around, and then fixing things that shouldn't have been an issue in the first place.

The developers have done nothing wrong. Rather, you have misunderstood the purpose of a beta. It is to test new ideas and features. We, the ones who signed up for the beta, are the ones who test them. We are not here to just amuse ourselves and then get angry if something goes wrong. Our purpose is to provide feedback to the developers and if possible, politely. If you find this unsatisfactory, I would recommend playing games that are finished products.

The enemy still starts off unaware of your presence so I am lead to believe that it is theoretically possible to stealth through the nightmare missions. Solo as well. Though it would be quite the challenge indeed, especially when under pressure from the time limit or health drain the nightmare can impose upon you.

Everyone should remember this is a beta environment and that we volunteered for it, send them feedback and be patient. Eirik, the suggestion that someone made earlier abiut rerunning levels you have access to that aren't currently set to nightmare is a very good one. Repetition will help hone your skills and teach you more about the environment...shortcuts, places to take cover or flank enemies, things like that help a lot.

Also, little jealous, while my wife is a gamer, she isn't into this sort of game.

You are probably expected tot Formaed Ogris, Boltors, kunai, despair, dread, torids etc all the most OP weapons and the best mods you can ever squeeze into them to actually decimate the Nightmare mode mobs.

Personally I will not do nightmare mode stuff if I got stuff that needs leveling now, but if I am on a farming trip, bring it on !

I was using a forma'd Strun, Forma'd Lex, and Forma'd Scindo (my "classic me" loadout, the epitome of what I like to use in these kind of games).

But here's the thing:

It wasn't nightmare mode.

Make nightmare mode only appear to mastery rank of 4 and above. At least by then most tenno have proven themselves proficient with their weapons and can hold against tougher enemies in theory anyway. I mean thats what ranks are for right?

Edited by Ditsydoo