Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U9 Is Insane For Beginners

EirikAura

I saw that the new levels are super hard, but if you're stuck then just redo the few missions that you already have. Don't advance to Vor, just play around in the levels before Vor.

u speak as if all new players will farm on the early levels, normally they would lets say rush to the 2 to 3 planet and than start to learn the ropes.

u speak as if all new players will farm on the early levels, normally they would lets say rush to the 2 to 3 planet and than start to learn the ropes.

The new starmap confuses me :3, either way if you can't get past something then its probably best to farm or go online with a bunch of others to help you get past a certain level.

The new starmap confuses me :3, either way if you can't get past something then its probably best to farm or go online with a bunch of others to help you get past a certain level.

now the problem is... would the high... lets say heavily geared player willingly to carry a bunch of noobs to another planet?

whats more if i will to start anew on a new account, let's say i just started playing warframe today, no way i would wanna farm the starter planet over and over again just to advance to the next and repeat.

well you see, new player/comer normally play the game FIRST! before checking wiki or asking for help.

for me, i'm those type of player whom check the wiki on some basic knowledge before jumping into the game, and on the wiki there's no info saying skull = nightmare mode. no info saying u have to best a bunch of higher level enemies with your starter loadout.

to truthful to you, i have NO IDEA on how to add mod to my weapon/warframe let alone level them up, even i know of such on the wiki,

i only started equipping/leveling them up on the 3rd planet...

now... change the setting and see this from a totally NOOB mmorpg gamer on this warframe. all those above + increase in difficulty.

if i were them, i would quit on the spot.

this coming from a casual mmorpg gamer

Edited by KaoKill123

Farming. Well, that's Bjorked now as well since the enemies you face when farming are leveling faster than my gear is. Running early missions is something I'd expected with thias sort of game but suddenly and with no warning facing enemies we can barely scratch makes hard into hell, and that just ain't fun. 

I will continue, I will keep playing, but if some sense of sanity doesn't get patched into the game it won't be for long. I come online to game for fun, not to spend days of frustration to maybe get a bit better weapon so I can spend days of frustration trying to level the weapon enough to make it usable before spending days... well you get the picture. I guarantee this same train of thought will run through many new players minds when they read threads like this.

Farming. Well, that's Bjorked now as well since the enemies you face when farming are leveling faster than my gear is. Running early missions is something I'd expected with thias sort of game but suddenly and with no warning facing enemies we can barely scratch makes hard into hell, and that just ain't fun. 

I will continue, I will keep playing, but if some sense of sanity doesn't get patched into the game it won't be for long. I come online to game for fun, not to spend days of frustration to maybe get a bit better weapon so I can spend days of frustration trying to level the weapon enough to make it usable before spending days... well you get the picture. I guarantee this same train of thought will run through many new players minds when they read threads like this.

update 8 is more noob friendly... update 9 is a total noob killer. DE please change back to U8 or maybe even better, roll back the server...

plat bought/used just refund them back...

currently i'm not even playing warframe, its killing my joy and fun in playing.

So... just to check things out, I created a completely new account. Oh look, a new how to play which takes approx 2 minutes. It's newer than the one last week and I assume came with u9. Not bad but similar info to previously. Better graphics tho. 

I played Terminus first time, died once, completed it. Tried M Prime, and ended up using all my remaining lives as not only did 2 shield lancers attack but also (I counted) 7 grineers and a couple of elite lancers.. all at the same time. I had no chance and used my lives, as a  new person would who might assume unlimited respawns as it is not explained 4 lives only/day, only to be killed again immediately. 3 times. 

In none of this did I get much information on how to DO the levels (lucky I have done them before) as I remember the how to destroy a reactor or get the item needed is explained (the light green monitors for unlocking, what on earth that diamond thing is in the map, etc). Oh and the frame is only level 2. 

As for how to make it more new person friendly? On Terminus for a new player it might be handy to know you follow the diamond thing, that it has up and down triangles meaning which way to go. That you need to destroy the reactor (show a picture) by opening the cover (picture) and attacking the glass things (picture). Would have made it far less confusing to do solo. Once you've done it once, the explanation does not appear. 

So yeah I tried it from new (seems most of you guys were unwilling to try it) and it really needs more info for new players. 

Oh and I tried the Mag frame (usually Excalibur) was nice to have a female appearance xD and loved some of her talents. But doubt I'd easily level her up now. And whoever said she sucks at melee was incorrect. She rocked. 

Oh and I tried the Mag frame (usually Excalibur) was nice to have a female appearance xD and loved some of her talents. But doubt I'd easily level her up now. And whoever said she sucks at melee was incorrect. She rocked. 

Mag was my starter. She's still one of my favourite frames to play, though I don't have her at lv30 like I did before I reset. Her powers are really fun and extremely effective in the early-game; Pull can snatch away the shields of Shield Lancers and knock down tough enemies like Commanders and Heavies so you can execute them (this is another thing that isn't mentioned - if you aim at a downed enemy and use your melee attack, you can perform a high-damage execution).

Crush isn't the 'get out of certain death free' card that it used to be, since it no longer makes you invincible during casting, but even at rank 1 it can clear a small room in seconds.

One thing I always recommend is to grab one of the credit-buyable weapons as soon as possible, such as the regular Braton or the Aklato - Braton is one of the finest weapons in the game and will be effective forever, and Aklato means you'll pretty much always be able to shoot bullets when you need to. The Strun (an absolute damage monster early to mid game) and Lex (essentially a pocket sniper rifle) are a bit more expensive, but worth every penny. It doesn't take long to get the required amount of credits if you open every container and remember that you can sell mods and blueprints.

Edited by UnearthedArcana

Draconaa & EirikAura,

Sad to hear you guys had such a bad time! I'll admit straight up that what you described must've been frustrating, no two doubts about it. Nevertheless, you are describing issues that lie within the UI, and not so much within the game itself. As many have already pointed out, Nightmare missions popup if you have unlocked an entire planet's mission set. Before that, all missions stay normal.

You seem to have some confusion about what "level" means, though. Your progress is split into five numbers - four gear levels and one mastery rank. The numbers on the map refer to that gear level. Take it as a general conglomerate of all your gear. Frame 4, rifle 6, pistol 2, melee 4 - you are roughly level 4. Rank, though, is you mastery which rises by leveling more gear. Mastery has no relevance to a level's content, really. Mastery unlocks some higher equipment, though.

Moving right along - why don't you leave Mercury for Saturn or Venus? Mercury is hardly a place to stay and camp out at at your level. You need to progress to collect more gear, mods, fight more bosses and get more stuff. Mercury is really the beginner's sandbox.

@Draconaa: If you want to play melee, think about it for a second. These guys have guns. They can shoot you as soon as they see you. If you refuse to shoot back and don't creep up on them using cover, they will gun you down. The two most effective melee frames of this game are the starter frame, Loki and the frame that drops in Uranus, Ash. Saryn, from Sedna's boss, also has some melee abilities. Why are the prior two so good for melee? Invisibility. You don't get shot while approaching your target(s) and you deal more damage when striking from Invisibility/Smoke Bomb. Other frames are less well suited for melee, with a merit badge for Rhino/Ember/Trinity for being tanky. Mag has nothing going for melee, unless you count "Pull". Also, go for the Gram or the Orthos and then, charge attacks.

@EirikAura: If you want to play ranged support, you might want to go for the Latron as a primary. The Vulkar just shoots too slow with too low damage to make a reliable show. As a sidearm, either Afuris or Twin Vipers, so you have some burst firepower when needed. Framewise, you will find Rhino ([3] - Roar, damage buff) or a frame with high mobility, such as Loki, Ash, Excalibur or Nova to your liking. Keep in mind, though, that Warframe is tailored towards fast-paced combat in mid- to short ranges.

DE is aware that the tutorial has gaps and does not explain "all of it". Nevertheless, some things are learnt by fault and experience.

Both of you are describing challenges that make it sound as if you are rushing into the open, with fresh gear, and wonder why you are being gunned down. Maybe a change of pace and less of a headon approach can make the game more enjoyable for you. This game has it's crunchy points, but if you can take single-digit level frames into Void III missions and survive/suceed, then you can make it through Mercury, too. From the sounds of it, you have barely a week of experience under the belt - give ti some time and when you fail, check why.

Warframe is not that hard, in all fairness.

Stuff.

Good points.

Do you know how the drop rate is for Frame Blueprints at the moment? If it's not too bad I may take these guys to Fossa so they can try out Rhino. As far as I know he was the easiest frame to get for free at U8 and prior.

Draconaa & EirikAura,

Sad to hear you guys had such a bad time! I'll admit straight up that what you described must've been frustrating, no two doubts about it. Nevertheless, you are describing issues that lie within the UI, and not so much within the game itself. As many have already pointed out, Nightmare missions popup if you have unlocked an entire planet's mission set. Before that, all missions stay normal.

Sigh. Read the rest of the thread. Saturn is not available. No link. Bloody stupid to tell us - continually! - to go to a planet we cannot get to. Apparently you could once, but not now. Also, we're being told to farm in mercury by the other half of people - those not telling us to go to Saturn. Except farming when the enemies rank faster that we do even on the baby missions is just not fun at all. Trust me on that.

Re: Melee and Ranged. Come on, we're not 2 year olds! We both use ALL the weapons and mods we can to the best of our abilities, the melee/ranged thing is more personal choice, we hit at whatever range we can. I headshot more, Drac melee kills more.

Yes, many people have said about the mastery/gear levels - RTFT

"Go for the Latron". Can't get the Latron, needs things we can't get as we can't, y'know, get to SATURN. Or, in fact, Mars. Which is where you get plastids and salvage. Not Mercury or Venus.

" as if you are rushing into the open, with fresh gear, and wonder why you are being gunned down" - Again, we're not 2-year-olds. We are in our 40's and have been gaming since the Atari 2600. We know how to duck and our brains have not yet begun the failings of old age. All you have done is come across as condescending and superior. I doubt you meant to, but you have. Please, read the f£%$ing thread before offering out-of-date and insulting advice.

Well , gotta grab my unranked frame,mk1 braton and go through all the mission to see if it's impossible just as the OP said .

back to U8 when i first started the game , i was so stupid to not be able to do anything alone , even killing that Vor when all he had was a pixie stick . But then i start to make friends through chat log , which helped me to unlock everything from Mercury to Sedna  .

But i have to say , defense mission , while is very hard especially for beginner , it gives the best exp and rewards than any other game mode , find a group of 4 to do this . AND IF YOU CANNOT EVEN GET PAST TOLSTOJ , ask for help .

p/s : I don't have time to read every wall of texts so i don't know exactly where you are at now 

Edited by Frostmire

" as if you are rushing into the open, with fresh gear, and wonder why you are being gunned down" - Again, we're not 2-year-olds. We are in our 40's and have been gaming since the Atari 2600. We know how to duck and our brains have not yet begun the failings of old age. All you have done is come across as condescending and superior. I doubt you meant to, but you have. Please, read the f£%$ing thread before offering out-of-date and insulting advice.

As a 39 year old gamer that still has his Atari 2600, you embarrass me with your inability to play this, arguably easy, game.  Good day.

Moving right along - why don't you leave Mercury for Saturn or Venus? Mercury is hardly a place to stay and camp out at at your level. You need to progress to collect more gear, mods, fight more bosses and get more stuff. Mercury is really the beginner's sandbox.

@Draconaa: If you want to play melee, think about it for a second. These guys have guns. They can shoot you as soon as they see you. If you refuse to shoot back and don't creep up on them using cover, they will gun you down. 

Good lord, does no one read this thread? As a Community Moderator I'm both surprised and saddened at your response. 

1. We have only done Mercury and a few Venus. We have stated this numerous times, about as often as idiots who haven't read even the first page keep suggesting we try Saturn instead. We can't yet. 

2. I am not stupid. I prefer melee, however I have (amazingly) noticed that this game is a lot more about distance weapons and guns. I do not "refuse to shoot back". Seriously come ON! wtf??? I'd have to be inbred (no offence intended) to work that way. So yes, I shoot. Headshots are my fave. However I melee when I can. 

3. (to other people, not Ced23Ric) we are not whinging and wailing. We're trying to bring the attention of the creators that there are major flaws in the u9 as well as other areas. It's said to be Beta, ergo they require feedback. As very new players of this particular game (not games in general) we thought we could assist. Granted, my hubby gets quite irate at blatant stupidity, which should explain some of his replies. 

I wish to thank those such as UnearthedArcana who really have helped a lot in our understanding of the game (we're still paddling... just). Just not sure how much longer we'll be here. Me and a lot of other newbs (NOT noobs as some have intimated, TYVM). 

Cheers

Dracona

As a 39 year old gamer that still has his Atari 2600, you embarrass me with your inability to play this, arguably easy, game.  Good day.

I am many things. Gaming is a pastime, not a lifetime. You, however are an arrogant cretin with - possibly - good motor skills. I see no need for further discussion with you.

I thought Nightmare levels could only be applied to levels you've already completed...

If not, this would be the simple solution to your issue, and DE should take note (or fix the bug if it's just not working as intended).

Edited by Niavlys77

I thought Nightmare levels could only be applied to levels you've already completed...

If not, this would be the simple solution to your issue, and DE should take note (or fix the bug if it's just not working as intended).

Try reading the thread.

Factual feedback:

• Mercury - Saturn link is severed, needs fix.
  • Nightmare mode needs toggle or clearer UI presentation, for example, including enemy level and modifier (explanations).

Will take that and carry it forth.

Also, if you do a level with a higher player who has unlocked nightmare for that system and you go to a planet he has as nightmare, you go in on nightmare EVEN IF it's your first time there. Not helpful as you don't have a clue until your health drops.

The only reason I knew about Nightmare mode was because I watched the livestream, and I know for a fact that not everyone follows these news anyway. So yeah, some explanation on that part will be REQUIRED (the idea of toggle is also nice).

In any case, yesterday I got my brand new Vauban and played Nightmare Tolstoj (Mercury boss Captain Vor). As I turned a corner, I got a shield bash from a Shield Lancer.

Full shield, full health, OHKO. Thankfully I had a team of high ranked frames.

Yes, forced Nightmare Mode on Mercury is ridiculous, especially since they already increased all enemy level caps on all planets.To quote AVGN: What. Where they. THINKING?!

Try reading the thread.

Just give him an actual answer , that kind of answer won't get to anywhere . You just can't expect people to go through 9 pages full of texts , which is not even their problem .

btw , i don't know too , because i kinda unlocked every mission in the solar system.

Edited by Frostmire

Factual feedback:

• Mercury - Saturn link is severed, needs fix.

• Nightmare mode needs toggle or clearer UI presentation, for example, including enemy level and modifier (explanations).
Will take that and carry it forth.

There WAS a link?? Is this why people kept telling us this? But didn't really explain why? Nice to know... now. 

also Factual Feedback:

- clearer introduction and information on initial mission (Terminus) needed. Images of goals would be very useful. 

- listing who in a group has clicked which planet needs replacing as it was there in u8 not in u9. (have heard this from several people)

- more drops (mods) in Mercury needed and higher ranking of new weapons in initial run through of missions so new players can level weapons as fast as enemies do. 

- explanations in game of what symbols mean

Does that assist?

Not sure if newbies would want to go to Saturn and face enemies there now. It's not the same levels Venus has or at least used to be.

Wonderful! So to recap, we need to do other planets to get the materials to make the weapons we need for other planets, except that we can't get to those planets and even if we could we would die too fast to get any materials we need to make the weapons to do those planets...

Does nobody see the difficulties here?