Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This is what everyone wants the most for clans in this 2017

1 minute ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Fun thing about pigments: extras go to the clan vault if you downgrade your clan. May be useful info for a clan that can easily farm an easily dropped, high-number requirement pigment at a higher clan rank: Ensure that you can can downsize, first off. Then start research on a pigment that needs a LOT of one color from a common enemy. Contribute all so it starts researching. Lastly downgrade while the research is ongoing and all that extra pigment you submitted goes into the vault, and is usable for any and every pigment color. Useful for the annoying ones, Like the hunters, or those that don't drop often from the target. Just something I discovered by odd chance right after the Ignis Wraith thing. Too bad it was after I had most colors completed... Could have saved a ton of time.

so basically, you want us to exploit it? oh ye great solution, the way DE intended. And no, my clan for instance cannot downsize, not even close.

3 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

For items and the dojo itself, I fully funded the reconstruction of the quite tiny dojo me and a bud had for a year before we started to expand. It now has at least one of every single room, with quite a few hallways and the like spread over 4 floors, most rooms decorated, every item researched outside of the rail specter squads and the Ignis Wraith, and only about 7% of those items had any contribution from other members. Hema was the one and only item that I couldn't outright fund after release within a day or two of farming from what I had stockpiled already (I had skipped a TON of outbreaks and used a lot of samples for mutagen mass). The process was done just as I played normally, and as content was added I expanded to follow suit. Hell I'd go on to say that during that time there were several long spans when I was downright casual and rarely got online. Since I was one tenth of the clan's total member size for that time before we expanded our numbers (briefly, downgraded to get Hema since we had a few people pushing us to the Ghost rank that were no longer playing the game), that is why I state it is quite simple for one tenth of a clan to fund their research, especially if out of that tenth they are all active members.

And again, don't say 1/10 of the clan is enough when you:

1- Downsized your clan to get the hema.

2- You are a ghost clan, the smallest tier in game and less burdened by resources. (And again downsizing not even close to being an option)

3- You don't actually give specifics on how much time it took you to build all of it. everything can be done after a while in terms of grinding, the diference between a few days or months is what matters here.

9 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

it hardly matters if they jump clans. If they jump, then clearly they weren't really into the clan to begin with. They wouldn't have contributed anyways, so there they go saving you the trouble.

It does matter, cause they are just going to leech somewhere else on another clan, there's always gona be leechers but not usefull information to help us tell what they donate, or what clans they have been in, or how for long or what they donated there.

Just now, ---RV---Maniac said:

so basically, you want us to exploit it? oh ye great solution, the way DE intended. And no, my clan for instance cannot downsize, not even close.

And again, don't say 1/10 of the clan is enough when you:

1- Downsized your clan to get the hema.

2- You are a ghost clan, the smallest tier in game and less burdened by resources. (And again downsizing not even close to being an option)

3- You don't actually give specifics on how much time it took you to build all of it. everything can be done after a while in terms of grinding, the diference between a few days or months is what matters here.

It does matter, cause they are just going to leech somewhere else on another clan, there's always gona be leechers but not usefull information to help us tell what they donate, or what clans they have been in, or how for long or what they donated there.

You may see I said the pigment was info probably useful for others who could do so, not for you specifically. You already mentioned before you had a large clan.

I downsized my clan because I had added three people to the clan who shortly thereafter quite the game. They were friends of the people in the clan so No, I didnt bother or even rightly care to check them out any. They joined so their friends could run with em and trade, but they just didnt stick with the game or moved back to their console version (one was from PS4). The downsize was done because we already had 7.5k samples contributed and had effectively already funded the research. Not to mention I also specifically said the Hema was the likely only major contribution-heavy item in the research lists, so obviously it is going to be one that needs more people. Heaven forbid that 93% all other items were handled by myself.

Clan resources are multiplied the same as the increase in clan member size. Ghost to Shadow is x3 members, x3 resources. Shadow clans only need 3 active contributors to get "easy" research, but with 30 people as the limit it would be even easier to see more contribution from others.

I was a casual player that 3 years ago rebuilt the entire clan, then as items were added I logged on, funded it, and went on. My basic stockpile was easily funding the items several dozen times over, and no I rarely would grind for specific resources to speed it up. Were I a dedicated, full time player who bothered to log in and play daily even 4 hours consistently, do the anywhere-even-remotely efficient resource farms that can net you several hundreds of a resource in just a few minutes, and build forma religiously daily then the total time for one person in a ghost clan would have been only a few months tops. With how many other items there are in the game, that easily fills in the gaps for game progression between you grinding through the clan research items.

The best way DE is going to get clans to be something that encourages donations to a clan is by offering rewards for them doing so. The endo reward from clan ascension is one such addition (small step to be fair). Heres hoping that the kingpin system has a reward table that encourages contribution more heavily, followed by the dark sector rework with the multi-player clan ship system further expanding on that. Clan rank is a fundamental part of those two systems from what we have heard so far, and rank is based on research and room construction. Better rewards, more likely people are to contribute because they want in on those rewards. As long as DE sticks with a system that discourages leeching at its roots then it will die out more and more.

On 1/4/2017 at 11:05 PM, YouHaveShamedYoFamory said:

not a bad idea. i wouldn't mind seeing that in my clan. I own one of those clans that basically has everything so it doesnt really matter. but it wouldnt be bad to have

Yes exactly I think we should work out the idea from @zzzNitro of having a hashtag for this particular tool something like #Clanniescontributiontool or #contool2017 I don't know, it gotta be something short and catchy. 

On 9/4/2017 at 0:02 AM, -VV-mago_de_muerte said:

Yes exactly I think we should work out the idea from @zzzNitro of having a hashtag for this particular tool something like #Clanniescontributiontool or #contool2017 I don't know, it gotta be something short and catchy. 

I'm already using #ClanTools2017 but sure let's settle on one and use that.

On 4/4/2017 at 6:23 PM, RICK_BO said:

I'm sorry did you miss the part where I said I was in a mountain clan?

But that all aside, let me ask you this? What's the point of being in a 300-1000 person clan when you don't know your clanmates? 

I assume you are a clan leader; What was your announcement for the Ferrox Research when it became available? How many resources did you ask from each player? And if you can't trust your clanmates to contribute what little is asked of them should they be in your clan? You keep telling me that in a 1000 man clan it's impossible to know every single member; so why did you let it grow that big? These anonymous clanmates that you know nothing about might as well be clan-jumpers.

was in a mountain clan, and we have since downsized one tier. To me there are still a lot of members in the clan but I can at least recognize them all.

In my clan I have years without being able to contribute, the reason is that my other clanmates max all researchers as soon as they update, my internet is very slow also (I take a long time to update).

That being said with hema was different, I put some mutagen mass, and here is my point, if time to time DE will drop some of these challenges (expensive research) I will like to have a way to know what players are not contributing with even the most minimum of something and for that my idea on how to do it is in the main post, and I think this it is a feature that every clan leader will like to have.

Edited by -VV-mago_de_muerte

On 4/1/2017 at 10:51 PM, NeithanDiniem said:

You are asking just for the ability to see who contributed to something in the clan? Rather a worthless addition for all the clans that already have everything, so not too sure why you feel everyone wants most for a clan.

I agree with this statement. Here are a few points about this topic:

1. Dojos that already have everything

2. Unbalanced contributions due to mastery rank

3. New members vs old members

4. Ranks within the clans. By this point I mean, typically speaking, we would see those members that have a higher ranking within the clan would be contributing more, but that isn't always the case.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Bacon1O2 said:

I agree with this statement. Here are a few points about this topic:

1. Dojos that already have everything

2. Unbalanced contributions due to mastery rank

3. New members vs old members

4. Ranks within the clans. By this point I mean, typically speaking, we would see those members that have a higher ranking within the clan would be contributing more, but that isn't always the case.

Let's say you have 3 MR23 on a Ghost clan, and every research gets finished as soon as it drops, by yours and @NeithanDiniem's logic this clan wouldn't like this tool because there's no need for it, but that's wrong, with such a tool you could look at the numbers and realize that you can in reality take a 3x burden on costs and increase the clan tier, numbers are important people, and knowing them is even importanter! 

6 minutes ago, zzzNitro said:

Let's say you have 3 MR23 on a Ghost clan, and every research gets finished as soon as it drops, by yours and @NeithanDiniem's logic this clan wouldn't like this tool because there's no need for it, but that's wrong, with such a tool you could look at the numbers and realize that you can in reality take a 3x burden on costs and increase the clan tier, numbers are important people, and knowing them is even importanter! 

Aiding in clan research isn't an indication of helpfulness. Some people just do in order to unlock things they need. Not that they are friendly or helpful to the clan in any other way.

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Bacon1O2 said:

Aiding in clan research isn't an indication of helpfulness. Some people just do in order to unlock things they need. Not that they are friendly or helpful to the clan in any other way.

So you are against measuring helpfulness? Good. I don't mind that and the tool discussed could also be used to measure other stuff, can we move on now?

48 minutes ago, zzzNitro said:

So you are against measuring helpfulness? Good. I don't mind that and the tool discussed could also be used to measure other stuff, can we move on now?

I'd really like to understand what the importance is for numbers. As has been discussed in previous threads, the numbers wouldn't change anything. Let's say you have a lower mastery that doesn't contribute because they don't have the resources, or, let's say you have a high mastery that doesn't contribute because they don't have the resources, or they just don't feel like it. Another point is those who leave the clan and move on to another clan. What's the point of keeping track of those resources donated? I'm not trying to argue with you, I am just saying it is a waste of server strain and game space to apply something that doesn't really affect anything. It's not affecting the burden, and it doesn't affect the clan tier, all of that is affected by helpfulness and activity. 

59 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Bacon1O2 said:

I'd really like to understand what the importance is for numbers.

Management requires understanding, numbers help.

Let's say you have a lower mastery that doesn't contribute because they don't have the resources,

Right now you can't know if the tenno is contributing or the reason behind his not contributing. Numbers help to know one of those.

let's say you have a high mastery that doesn't contribute because they don't have the resources, or they just don't feel like it.

Same answer as above.

Another point is those who leave the clan and move on to another clan. What's the point of keeping track of those resources donated?

Actually, I, personally, don't care for how many clans a person has been in, I care more for day to day data.

I am just saying it is a waste of server strain and game space to apply something that doesn't really affect anything.

Hardly, this statistics are there so no real strain or gamespace taken, and again what's affected is the efficiency of management of a clan, to grow properly and healthy is to grow in an orderly fashion, and for that you need numbers.

It's not affecting the burden, and it doesn't affect the clan tier, all of that is affected by helpfulness and activity. 

Answering this would be redundant at this point.

5 hours ago, zzzNitro said:

Management requires understanding, numbers help.

Right now you can't know if the tenno is contributing or the reason behind his not contributing. Numbers help to know one of those.

Same answer as above.

Actually, I, personally, don't care for how many clans a person has been in, I care more for day to day data.

Hardly, this statistics are there so no real strain or gamespace taken, and again what's affected is the efficiency of management of a clan, to grow properly and healthy is to grow in an orderly fashion, and for that you need numbers.

Answering this would be redundant at this point.

It's not redundant if you aren't really answering the point. How does know numbers provide you any sort of management? Dojo growth has been just fine without seeing pointless numbers. I'm asking you to provide a valid reason for knowing them is all, which really hasn't been done here. Knowing individual numbers of each player does nothing statistically for the dojo. And if players leave that contributed, how does that affect the numbers? All you did here was break down what I just said into tiny pieces and didn't really make any valid points as to why. How is day to day data going to change anything for a clan really?  Either a completed dojo or a new one, it takes straight up time to build up, and day to day data is so scattered based on activity, so once again it brings up my point of it is all based on active players. Make a real point here and tell me how all dojos would benefit from day to day data.

On 12/4/2017 at 0:32 PM, (Xbox One)Bacon1O2 said:

I'd really like to understand what the importance is for numbers. As has been discussed in previous threads, the numbers wouldn't change anything. Let's say you have a lower mastery that doesn't contribute because they don't have the resources, or, let's say you have a high mastery that doesn't contribute because they don't have the resources, or they just don't feel like it. Another point is those who leave the clan and move on to another clan. What's the point of keeping track of those resources donated? I'm not trying to argue with you, I am just saying it is a waste of server strain and game space to apply something that doesn't really affect anything. It's not affecting the burden, and it doesn't affect the clan tier, all of that is affected by helpfulness and activity. 

Numbers are very important it is giving us very useful information about the system we are trying to make work the best as possible (clans). In real life, since it is also a complex system, you also use number everywhere just for the same reason,  so why no to have this telemetry in warframe?

• 1 month later...

What I want for our clans-dojos in 2017 are:

- Simulator for 4man squad without 145lvl cap, only sky should be limit 9999lvl, to test sinergy Squad setups

- more decoration with huge "infinitive" three, so every dojo would be unique

- to have control over dojo hall ceiling: less/more light