Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Tier List U9 Thread Merger

Sideway

Ash, Volt and Mag should be on the same tier of crappiness. Nova deserves a higher spot.

Mag's AoE pull alone makes her more useful than Ash when it comes to speed running or defense missions (for survival or speed AoE reasons when collaborating with other frames)

Ash is just more popular as a warframe, really, but his role is for killing key targets which can be useful against Tech Corpus, Ancients, and Heavy Grineer. Blade Storm, on the other hand, is a joke compared to Mag's AoE.

imho, Nova should be at a significantly higher tier because of her unbelievable amounts of AoE damage especially if she gets teamed up with Vauban/Frost/Decoy/Molt/Pull/whatever.

Volt is... well he's Volt. Incredibly useful for speed running, I would say. Paired up with Mag or Vauban, his AoE can actually turn out to be useful. He's not as great at AoE as Ember would be (I'd figure), but his utility for speed running is still apparent.

That being said, Ash, Volt and Mag are in my low tier list.

Ash needs a more powerful Blade Storm or Shuriken that can kill multiple enemies faster, it seems.

Mag's Bullet Attractor needs to be... something else. Crush should have innate armor ignore or just... deal more damage in general.

I don't really know about Volt yet, I'm gonna go grab that warframe in a few days and test run it.

I personally blame Nova's placement on the tier list on DE for doing such a terrible job of conveying her mechanics in-game. She's a lot better than you'd think just looking at tooltips and using her skills for the first time.

That said, outside of some edge cases, none of what she does significantly outstrips Saryn (the other endgame damage frame with crazy damage stacking and AoE nukes) enough that I can completely ignore her fragility and lack of a reliable panic button skill. I'd put her on High Tier, but I don't QUITE think she reaches God Tier material.

I personally blame Nova's placement on the tier list on DE for doing such a terrible job of conveying her mechanics in-game. She's a lot better than you'd think just looking at tooltips and using her skills for the first time.

That said, outside of some edge cases, none of what she does significantly outstrips Saryn (the other endgame damage frame with crazy damage stacking and AoE nukes) enough that I can completely ignore her fragility and lack of a reliable panic button skill. I'd put her on High Tier, but I don't QUITE think she reaches God Tier material.

I personally blame Nova's placement on the tier list on:

1) The thread starter being biased against the Design Council (which is roughly a cross-section of the Warframe player base, both casual and hardcore, as opposed to only the hardcore players who he admires so much), and

2) the thread starter, and most or all of the people he asked for opinion, not actually having learned to use Nova before labeling her.

I was around and the list got updated literally HOURS after the patch.

Even assuming the OP and his experts all actually bought her for Platinum (the drop rates were utter rubbish back then), they barely had enough time to get her to level 30, let alone actually learn her. Nor try her out with Forma or Auras, because it was right after the Aura introduction when they costed capacity instead of adding.

On top of that, the thread starter seems to have conveniently vanished off the forums after one more post in which they criticized the Aura change for catering to the casuals.

Edited by Winterbraid

i have to disagree with OP about Nova, 

not scaling at all ? i just tried her at a 100 waves io run, she can do like %30-40 dmg to lvl 500ish acients with her "2" skill, 

just show me any other way to do that and ill beileve her "low tier" place 

Its hard to actually make a tier list when you consider how damn situational most the frames are.

Take Frost for example; his stats are good, snowglobe is great, his other skills are bad. Frost is mid tier to me because he's not good, snowglobe is good.

Its easier to make a tier list for abilities, rather than the frames they are on.

Its hard to actually make a tier list when you consider how damn situational most the frames are.

Take Frost for example; his stats are good, snowglobe is great, his other skills are bad. Frost is mid tier to me because he's not good, snowglobe is good.

Its easier to make a tier list for abilities, rather than the frames they are on.

That's not a bad idea, i'll post my Skill's Tier List and than make a topic about it

Godly Tier: Chaos - Snowglobe - Antimatter Drop - Sonar  - Bastille - Link

High Tier: Stomp - Miasma - Slash Dash - Molecular Prime - Roar - Invisibility - Pull - Mind Control - Overheat - Tesla

Mid Tier: *basically all the other Ultimates* - Energy Vampire - Electric Shield - Speed - Decoy - Iron Skin

Low Tier: *anything not mentioned above or below

Crap Tier: Silence - Freeze - Teleport - Switch Teleport - Wormhole - Fireball - Bullet Attractor - Psichic Bolts - Contagion - Well of Life

That's not a bad idea, i'll post my Skill's Tier List and than make a topic about it

Godly Tier: Chaos - Snowglobe - Antimatter Drop - Sonar  - Bastille - Link

High Tier: Stomp - Miasma - Slash Dash - Molecular Prime - Roar - Invisibility - Pull - Mind Control - Overheat - Tesla

Mid Tier: *basically all the other Ultimates* - Energy Vampire - Electric Shield - Speed - Decoy - Iron Skin

Low Tier: *anything not mentioned above or below

Crap Tier: Silence - Freeze - Teleport - Switch Teleport - Wormhole - Fireball - Bullet Attractor - Psichic Bolts - Contagion - Well of Life

other then the fact you said wormhole is crap i agree

Lol looks like the OP of the 239000 damage picture's fears were right, that people would take it out of context and lose their !@#$

FYI it took Bastille, a bug that made ADrop hover in place, and about ten clips of a fully modded Despair, lol.

Lol looks like the OP of the 239000 damage picture's fears were right, that people would take it out of context and lose their !@#$

FYI it took Bastille, a bug that made ADrop hover in place, and about ten clips of a fully modded Despair, lol.

sounds like its not a bug but power combination ;D

mag bullet attractor excalibur radial jav

True enough.

Though if we're seperating frames based on their stats and not abilities then Frost and Rhino would probably be the best stat wise, thats also probably why frosts arent too held back by their 3 crap abilities. A combination of Snow globe and just how tanky they can get.

But as for abilities.... I'd still think Nova's skills are the best in game, and the least situational.

I honestly didn't read past Nova being low tier. She is the best damage-oriented frame for certain. Yes, Miasma ignores armor, but the range on Molecular Prime (both the initial cast and each explosion) means that it does substantially more damage per cast (and often per target). People also seem to ignore the potency of the 50% damage increase in the instances that it doesn't kill the target, which makes it valuable regardless of level range or mission type. The only times that Miasma is strictly better are when there are either very few strong enemies around you (in which case you don't really need a "wipe everything" ultimate anyway) and when you are doing something ridiculous like wave 50 endless defense (which doesn't reward you any more than wave 20, at which point Nova still lays down the law).

As for complaints about her being squishy, my group play loadout for her has literally zero survivability mods in it, and I manage to stay alive just fine. It requires more attention to one's surroundings than playing most frames, but it doesn't make her weak by any measure.

I am slightly ashamed that this thread is still getting attention.

Either re-evaluate your "tier list" or someone close the thread. It's just annoying.

I would go for closing.

Tier Lists, no matter what game, are always **** ****