Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Injecting some rewards, variety and challenge into the starchart

hambazumba

Is it really necessary that 90% of the 350 or so equippable items' blueprints are obtainable from either the market or the dojo with a simple click of a button and a 15-50k credits charge? Wouldn't it be better and way more engaging if some of those would be scattered across the solar system and obtainable through some sort of mini-boss or some other challenge? DE has already explored that path with the junction system, but that system only rewards a very small number of blueprints for such a big game and is somewhat separated from the existing mission nodes.

I feel like taking some of those weapons that boringly sit in either the market or the dojo research labs among hundreds of others and giving them a different, challenging and engaging way of obtaining their blueprints could easily bring a lot of fun to the player experience. And so, here's my idea. 

One way of obtaining them could be adding some powerful eximus units or new mobs that would act as mini-bosses, that would be twice or thrice the level of the current mission, to certain nodes. Player would be able to either face and try to defeat this mini-boss for a sizeable xp and credit reward in addition to the weapon blueprint this mini-boss carries, or in the event of the players thinking they're not up to the challenge, they could just escape and continue with the mission, as it can be done with other non essential enemies.

I can definitely see this system bringing more variety, challenge, teamwork and fun into starchart nodes also give players a reason to revisit older nodes when they'd grow more powerful. In addition to that, it seems like it would be fairly untaxing to implement.

Details: 1. Weapon blueprint resource requirements should be adjusted to only require the materials which are obtainable on the planet of the node it's on or the planets leading up to it. 2. Mark the mini-boss and add some voice lines so players know it's there and okay to be bypassed, but defeating it brings unique rewards. 3. Each mini-boss' weapon could be the weapon it drops. 4. It should be strong enough so not every random guy who stumbles upon it can defeat the mini-boss, it should require at least a little bit of tactics and preparation.

even if i like the general idea there are a few problems with this

1. deciding which weapons are obtained through a challenge
  2. RNG (people are already complaining that the Brakk or the Detron are way to hard to obtain some for the stalker weapons)
  3. if the miniboss appears on the wrong planet or during the wrong mission he can completely destroy newbies and take away the fun

about the required resources for a weapon
yes i absolutely agree that they need to be adjusted to the planets someone has unlocked
or unlocking a new planet gives access to new weapons in the market
just like the "mastery rank X required" text there could be a text telling you to unlock earth saturn and venus or something like that
this would add a motivation for new players to progress in the star chart

5 hours ago, Weidro said:
  • deciding which weapons are obtained through a challenge
  • RNG (people are already complaining that the Brakk or the Detron are way to hard to obtain some for the stalker weapons)
  • if the miniboss appears on the wrong planet or during the wrong mission he can completely destroy newbies and take away the fun
  1. There are so many weapons that I can't see that being an issue and anything engaging is better than the current system
  2. The weapon blueprint drop could be guaranteed, split in parts or rng, this idea is very flexible in this department 
  3. The mini-bosses would be fixed on specific nodes and as I've already said, they'd be avoidable. What I had in mind is completely different from how assassin invasion work.

And replying to xXRiomaXx:

5 hours ago, xXRiomaXx said:

think they tried that with junctions, but i understand what you're saying

5 hours ago, hambazumba said:

DE has already explored that path with the junction system, but that system only rewards a very small number of blueprints for such a big game and is somewhat separated from the existing mission nodes.

Replying to Nyaa314:

4 hours ago, Nyaa314 said:

You must have enjoyed pre-sotr way of farming archwings and their weapons. Most people did not.

What I'm proposing here is completely different from that

Edited by hambazumba
another reply