Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rank 17 test

Jabarto

This test needs to be looked at because at the moment it's pure luck whether you pass or fail. You might get lucky and have all the orbs spawn right next to you, or you might get unlucky and have them spawn on the opposite side of the map on a the level above you. I practiced it for an hour and a half today with about a 60% success rate and ultimately failed the rankup test for the second day in a row because even 1.75 sprint speed won't save you if the orbs spawn too far away.

Oh and can we please not start the test with the camera pointing right at the edge of a cliff?

Edited by Jabarto

26 minutes ago, Jabarto said:

even 1.75 sprint speed won't save you

It sounds like you are trying to run everywhere on the map.  Bullet jumping and glide-rolling is MUCH faster than using sprint.

That and, prioritize going after the orbs more than going after enemies.  If there's an orb anywhere on the map then be moving toward it. Kill enemies between orbs.

(I just ran this test to make sure it was still working correctly, and with no special builds or cheese tactics, left with more time on the clock than I started with.)

Edited by Momaw

I do bullet jump, especially when I need to get on the upper floor. But sometimes the orb spawns directly over my head and I have to take a detour to find a way up there that costs me the mission.

Also there's a delay between destroying one orb and spawning another where you can't know where the next orb is. Not much you can do there except shoot things.

I agree with this.

I practiced this test tons and I would always get lucky orb placements and pass it in practice.

I would then take the mission proper and they would spawn the orb right above me or way across the map and I would have to rush to try and get to it.

If you are trying to bullet jump or parkour up you usually hit a ledge or fall off a ledge and waste time.

I even had max rush, armored agility, and sprint mods on to help out as much as possible getting to them.

I ended up failing the test 3 days in a row then finally got orb placement that did not totally screw me over.

I guess it helped out, I was able to take my rank 18 test the next day because I had been stuck on this one for half a week.

But yeah it starts by facing you the opposite direction. That needs fixed.

It is usually worse when one of the first 3 orbs are badly placed, because your time is so low at the start.

Edited by (PS4)Xx_Weasle_xX

I have heard people say that Ember with World on Fire active can passively kill things while you focus on orbs, so I might try that next. I don't like it (it's a timed exterminate test, not a "do you have Ember" test), but I don't like the idea of failing it a third time, either.

Did it with Ember. Also a clanmate mentioned this to me and it helped a ton:

There's a place in the center where the top path turns and the bottom path keeps going straight. The two paths are right on top of each other otherwise. You always want to return to the top path right at that drop off after you strike an orb.

It makes it a lot easier to get between levels when needed.