Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

best weapon (non prime)?

LeBronasaurus

Question

4 hours ago, asianlongdong said:

Oh my, thanks for all that.

I currently have the Furis, and need a lot more resources for the Sonicor. Is it worth grinding to get if I already have the Furis?

Yes, the Sonicor is amazing.

It starts off fun and it remains that way. The damage can be pretty respectable and the Crowd Control is where the fun comes from. When enemies get launched into orbit, I laugh every time, haha.
-I seldom use it tho, so it's not like I sit and lol all day ;-)
-but that's mostly because I like to save it for special occasions and use lots of other stuff.
-my friend that's still really new loves it too.
-it's totally worth keeping and is good right out of the box.

The Furis is "ok" but it's not exactly a "top tier meta weapon" except for using its augment mod. For the Furis that mod's a game changer. Because it then becomes a source of quick healing via damage dealt.
-Furis works well for knocking down Nullifier bubbles due to the stream of bullets effect.
- that said if you run inside of the bubble you can simply blast the Nullifier with the Sonicor as well.

IF you're hurting for slots and don't have convenient access to the syndicate mod (Winds of Purity) and you do not have an Orokin Catalyst installed in it, then I'd highly recommend you get your Furis to max rank, build another and then use the 2 to build the Afuris. 
Get that to max rank and then sell them for credits to free up that weapon slot, which you could then use for the Sonicor.

You can always go back and build another Furis later if you decide you want it for using the Augment. As far as full auto secondary weapons go, there are many more you'll get to use along the way in the meantime.

2 hours ago, Rolunde said:

Yes, the Sonicor is amazing.

It starts off fun and it remains that way. The damage can be pretty respectable and the Crowd Control is where the fun comes from. When enemies get launched into orbit, I laugh every time, haha.
-I seldom use it tho, so it's not like I sit and lol all day ;-)
-but that's mostly because I like to save it for special occasions and use lots of other stuff.
-my friend that's still really new loves it too.
-it's totally worth keeping and is good right out of the box.

The Furis is "ok" but it's not exactly a "top tier meta weapon" except for using its augment mod. For the Furis that mod's a game changer. Because it then becomes a source of quick healing via damage dealt.
-Furis works well for knocking down Nullifier bubbles due to the stream of bullets effect.
- that said if you run inside of the bubble you can simply blast the Nullifier with the Sonicor as well.

IF you're hurting for slots and don't have convenient access to the syndicate mod (Winds of Purity) and you do not have an Orokin Catalyst installed in it, then I'd highly recommend you get your Furis to max rank, build another and then use the 2 to build the Afuris. 
Get that to max rank and then sell them for credits to free up that weapon slot, which you could then use for the Sonicor.

You can always go back and build another Furis later if you decide you want it for using the Augment. As far as full auto secondary weapons go, there are many more you'll get to use along the way in the meantime.

Okey doke. I have lots of weapon space as of now, because I sold all the weapons I levelled up already.

'Nother question: do you know a good melee weapon (I'm MR4) that hits hard but isn't slow? I use the Fragor w/ Rhino, but once my Valkyr is done I want to use a quicker melee weap. Do you think the Dex Dakra is suitable? And what would be an upgrade?

re: Melee

Yeah, I prefer faster over slower weapons too.

Right off the top I'll go ahead and say that of the lower MR weapons the Ninkondi (these are nunchucks) and the Polearms are very good and very fast.
 Dual Swords can be a good choice too and that'll largely probably get down to personal preference.

An easy way to see what's available by Mastery Rank is this chart on the Warframe Wiki (you can organize it by Mastery Rank). To grab some of the best off the list at mr4 or less we have:

Spoiler

Dual Swords-
Dex Dakra
Dual Zoren
Dual Cleavers
(Prisma Dual Cleavers)

Polearms-
Orthos
Serro
Sydon
Tonbo

Ninkondi

The Dual Swords listed there are for the most part side grades of each other.

Of note is that the Prisma Dual Cleavers are very good but you can't build them, you'd either need to buy them via Trade Chat for Platinum -or-get Relics and run relic missions to get Prime parts to take to a Relay to convert into Ducats to buy them from Baro Ki'teer when he comes (one weekend per 2 weeks. And yeah that probably does sound complicated so I wouldn't worry too much about that kind of thing early on! ;)

As far as Dual Swords go Dex Dakra are very good. They have a solid Slide Attack and a nice Ground Slam.

Dual Ichor are mr-6 so I wouldn't worry too much about those. They are very good as with the right mods they excel at removing armor off of Grineer and they have high crit but they're also not so great that you'd probably never look at another weapon again. 
Dual Zoren have a lower mastery requirement and also have really high crit and are pretty fast.

Of the Dual Swords, not counting Prisma Dual Cleavers, I prefer the Dex Dakra. They're a good choice. They're Free, came with a slot and a catalyst, look great, aren't slow, and have good stats. Slide attack, slam attack, and chop chop chop, it's all good. :inlove:

Then we have the polearms, which are one of my favorite weapon types in Warframe. 
Something I love about polearms is they not only are they fast but they don't slow you down when you want to use them. Generally, melee weapons will slow your movement as they go into their attack animations, but polearms quick attack animations fit right in with your normal movement. It's not seamless but it is pretty good.

Besides being fast they tend to have good reach and do a good amount of damage. What they lack in Crit I think they make up for in speed and overall ease of use.
They also tend to have a good amount of Status which while not always the most popular stat can be really nice.
They also tend to have really good slam attacks as they tend to knock down all the enemies so they're not attacking you for a moment while you're still able to work them over. :devil:

We also have Sparring weapons in the form of Kogake and Obex
I recommend checking them out when you get the chance. They don't exactly do a lot of damage per hit but they hit really fast, you just also have to get really close to use them. 

And then once again the Ninkondi
Although they lack the reach of the polearms they have more than the Sparring and are faster than the Dual Swords for the most part. 
IMO they have fantastic attack animations and can be very effective.

One of the biggest limitations you'll have on any of these weapons for quite a while is simply lacking a lot of the mods that really let them do work.

They'll come as you go along but they're what actually take those base stats and make the weapons Good.

But you should be OK for quite a while on more normal "star chart" planetside missions.

Cheers!
~R~

10 hours ago, asianlongdong said:

How about regular Galatine?

Works too but it's not nearly as effective as the prime varriant is.

Slash status scales off crit multipliers and basedamage, which are both MUCH stronger on its prime varriant. Hardly affects the status chance tho as they share a common status chance and further scaling of the chance comes from combo and weeping wounds alone.

Go for a crit build, body count/drifting contact, blood rush, weeping wounds, base damage and utility for the best slash build. Just use combo and weeping wounds plus whatever seems adequate or is avaiable on the regular galatine. The slash proccs will do the job regardless untill you hit late-late game.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

9 hours ago, Rolunde said:

re: Melee

Yeah, I prefer faster over slower weapons too.

Right off the top I'll go ahead and say that of the lower MR weapons the Ninkondi (these are nunchucks) and the Polearms are very good and very fast.
 Dual Swords can be a good choice too and that'll largely probably get down to personal preference.

An easy way to see what's available by Mastery Rank is this chart on the Warframe Wiki (you can organize it by Mastery Rank). To grab some of the best off the list at mr4 or less we have:

Hide contents

Dual Swords-
Dex Dakra
Dual Zoren
Dual Cleavers
(Prisma Dual Cleavers)

Polearms-
Orthos
Serro
Sydon
Tonbo

Ninkondi

The Dual Swords listed there are for the most part side grades of each other.

Of note is that the Prisma Dual Cleavers are very good but you can't build them, you'd either need to buy them via Trade Chat for Platinum -or-get Relics and run relic missions to get Prime parts to take to a Relay to convert into Ducats to buy them from Baro Ki'teer when he comes (one weekend per 2 weeks. And yeah that probably does sound complicated so I wouldn't worry too much about that kind of thing early on! ;)

As far as Dual Swords go Dex Dakra are very good. They have a solid Slide Attack and a nice Ground Slam.

Dual Ichor are mr-6 so I wouldn't worry too much about those. They are very good as with the right mods they excel at removing armor off of Grineer and they have high crit but they're also not so great that you'd probably never look at another weapon again. 
Dual Zoren have a lower mastery requirement and also have really high crit and are pretty fast.

Of the Dual Swords, not counting Prisma Dual Cleavers, I prefer the Dex Dakra. They're a good choice. They're Free, came with a slot and a catalyst, look great, aren't slow, and have good stats. Slide attack, slam attack, and chop chop chop, it's all good. :inlove:

Then we have the polearms, which are one of my favorite weapon types in Warframe. 
Something I love about polearms is they not only are they fast but they don't slow you down when you want to use them. Generally, melee weapons will slow your movement as they go into their attack animations, but polearms quick attack animations fit right in with your normal movement. It's not seamless but it is pretty good.

Besides being fast they tend to have good reach and do a good amount of damage. What they lack in Crit I think they make up for in speed and overall ease of use.
They also tend to have a good amount of Status which while not always the most popular stat can be really nice.
They also tend to have really good slam attacks as they tend to knock down all the enemies so they're not attacking you for a moment while you're still able to work them over. :devil:

We also have Sparring weapons in the form of Kogake and Obex
I recommend checking them out when you get the chance. They don't exactly do a lot of damage per hit but they hit really fast, you just also have to get really close to use them. 

And then once again the Ninkondi
Although they lack the reach of the polearms they have more than the Sparring and are faster than the Dual Swords for the most part. 
IMO they have fantastic attack animations and can be very effective.

One of the biggest limitations you'll have on any of these weapons for quite a while is simply lacking a lot of the mods that really let them do work.

They'll come as you go along but they're what actually take those base stats and make the weapons Good.

But you should be OK for quite a while on more normal "star chart" planetside missions.

Cheers!
~R~

Thanks for taking so much time to answer my questions. From what I've gathered, a lot of it boils down to preference, and even more of it boils down to mods; as of now, I'll start crafting the weapons you've suggested and start playing with them. I need MR points anyway. :)

I suppose all the Dex items I have will suffice, and the Sonicor will replace my Dex Furis (good God, ammo economy is abysmal). Thanks for your help. 

As for the other people I asked about Valkyr weapons, I guess I'll just wait until it's done and craft a ton of melee weapons just to experiment. Thanks for everyone's help, I'll be sure to ask again if I need more.

13 hours ago, asianlongdong said:

As for the other people I asked about Valkyr weapons, I guess I'll just wait until it's done and craft a ton of melee weapons just to experiment. Thanks for everyone's help, I'll be sure to ask again if I need more.

To answer that one too (sry i'm not getting notifications so i'm just checking in every now and then, just found that passage)

May be my personal twist on valkyr but she's really no absolute melee frame, despise her rather tanky stats and obvious melee buffs. She sure can be used as one but her catcher is hysteria, her ult. 

See, hysteria needs specific mods to perform at its best (the typical combo mods do not work on her) so melee becomes essencially useless for anything but quickmelee should you consider using it. It beeing a radial ability and scaling off strength makes more then up for this tho. Downside to hysteria is that it drains energy like crazy after a while, what makes it a ability that can NOT be substained infinitly, what creates a kind of duality for her that goes trough her entire kit...

Warcry is not only a buff to your offense but also one to your defense. Melee weapons are not the best choice while she's still in possession of top notch melee which is able to heal her without further means, what's also rather positive for a tanky frame even using ranged weapons of your choice. This gives you the opportunity to just play both, ranged outside of hysteria and melee, inside hysteria, to its absolute best.

The melee ideal looks something like this 

NbIUiZ0.jpg

Max raw damage, crit mods, speed and drifting contact, as it still affects radial abilitys (not sure for how long tho. That one is a definitive bugg.)

And her build can be upped to a extreme like this one

ZCcq6sx.jpg

Rage and (primed) flow serve to maintain and stock up your energy pool. QT gives you some security should you consider reaping more energy. The strength is a nobrainer, that one buffs your abilitys and narrow minded and Eternal war compensate for your missing efficiency. She is a good candidate for armor mods but i kinda prefer energy management over defense, especially if you have means to avoid the damage.

Should you play her longer and reach focus schools (main story, spoiler, won't go too deep into that), keep the word "naramon" in the back of your head. That one adds invisibility to melee crits, what also works at its absolute best on valkyr as this aspect *buffs your melee damage further, *reduces the strange stockpiling mechanic of hysteria allmost to zero and *gives you controlled cloaking outside of it while NOT keeping you invisible at all times, what still allows rage power management.

The answer is that any weapon you'd use regulary performs simply better on her and that it at the same time matters little to not what you use. Her hysteria build is all about the mods.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

10 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

To answer that one too (sry i'm not getting notifications so i'm just checking in every now and then, just found that passage)

May be my personal twist on valkyr but she's really no absolute melee frame, despise her rather tanky stats and obvious melee buffs. She sure can be used as one but her catcher is hysteria, her ult. 

See, hysteria needs specific mods to perform at its best (the typical combo mods do not work on her) so melee becomes essencially useless for anything but quickmelee should you consider using it. It beeing a radial ability and scaling off strength makes more then up for this tho. Downside to hysteria is that it drains energy like crazy after a while, what makes it a ability that can NOT be substained infinitly, what creates a kind of duality for her that goes trough her entire kit...

Warcry is not only a buff to your offense but also one to your defense. Melee weapons are not the best choice while she's still in possession of top notch melee which is able to heal her without further means, what's also rather positive for a tanky frame even using ranged weapons of your choice. This gives you the opportunity to just play both, ranged outside of hysteria and melee, inside hysteria, to its absolute best.

The melee ideal looks something like this 

NbIUiZ0.jpg

Max raw damage, crit mods, speed and drifting contact, as it still affects radial abilitys (not sure for how long tho. That one is a definitive bugg.)

And her build can be upped to a extreme like this one

ZCcq6sx.jpg

Rage and (primed) flow serve to maintain and stock up your energy pool. QT gives you some security should you consider reaping more energy. The strength is a nobrainer, that one buffs your abilitys and narrow minded and Eternal war compensate for your missing efficiency. She is a good candidate for armor mods but i kinda prefer energy management over defense, especially if you have means to avoid the damage.

Should you play her longer and reach focus schools (main story, spoiler, won't go too deep into that), keep the word "naramon" in the back of your head. That one adds invisibility to melee crits, what also works at its absolute best on valkyr as this aspect *buffs your melee damage further, *reduces the strange stockpiling mechanic of hysteria allmost to zero and *gives you controlled cloaking outside of it while NOT keeping you invisible at all times, what still allows rage power management.

The answer is that any weapon you'd use regulary performs simply better on her and that it at the same time matters little to not what you use. Her hysteria build is all about the mods.

Ah, okay. I've heard that she is only used for melee, but I'm glad to hear ising ranged weapons is encouraged as well.

As for the builds... I have literally one of those mods (Organ Shatter), so RIP me haha. Off to look, I suppose. I'll most likely Google drop rates for mods such as rage.

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 3:41 PM, (Xbox One)Jarheadius said:

The Ichors take the dual zorren, and an atomos to craft. They are quite good on a flash accelerant ember build. 

I'm afraid you mistaken them for Twin Basolk here that indeed require two other weapons to make. Dual Ichor are indeed Dojo research and take Mutagen Mass, Circuits, Salvage and Forma to build.

As for OP

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 3:36 PM, asianlongdong said:

is the Dual Ichors the best melee weapon?

There is no such thing as best weapon. Any weapon can be modded to deal with everything in star chart and most weapons can viable in end game. What really matter is if you enjoy the weapon and in case of melee its stance. Some people prefer slow hard hitting weapons (Galatine), some fast crit weapons (Dual Ichor), some long range pole arms (Orthos Prime).

Try many, pick one that feels best for you.

On 9.4.2017 at 3:32 AM, asianlongdong said:

Ah, okay. I've heard that she is only used for melee, but I'm glad to hear ising ranged weapons is encouraged as well.

As for the builds... I have literally one of those mods (Organ Shatter), so RIP me haha. Off to look, I suppose. I'll most likely Google drop rates for mods such as rage.

Feel free to. To spare you the probably more difficult mods: Transient foritude, Blind rage and Narrow mindet are corrupted mods (strong positive and negative stats) and are farmable trough orokin derelict runs. Google "Vault run" guides to get a full tutorial on how to farm those. (Dropps fleeting expertise too so it's somewhat of a mandatory anyways, no matter what you play.)

Primed mods are purchaseable from baro ki'teer occasionally (Fr-Sa-Su every 2 weeks offering a random selection) or from other players (may cost some plat tho and require a solid million credits trading tax irrelevant of the rank)

And...as i did so too in the meanwhile: You may wanna replace Transient fortitude with more duration. Still gives you solid 214% strength at max but warcry is eayser to manage even whilst playing gun.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

2 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Feel free to. To spare you the probably more difficult mods: Transient foritude, Blind rage and Narrow mindet are corrupted mods (strong positive and negative stats) and are farmable trough orokin derelict runs. Google "Vault run" guides to get a full tutorial on how to farm those. (Dropps fleeting expertise too so it's somewhat of a mandatory anyways, no matter what you play.)

Primed mods are purchaseable from baro ki'teer occasionally (Fr-Sa-Su every 2 weeks offering a random selection) or from other players (may cost some plat tho and require a solid million credits trading tax irrelevant of the rank)

And...as i did so too in the meanwhile: You may wanna replace Transient fortitude with more duration. Still gives you solid 214% strength at max but warcry is eayser to manage even whilst playing gun.

It'll be a while before those mods, so that'll have to wait for a while. 

How good is the Jat Kittag for Valkyr? Finishing crafting it on Wednesday, hope it was worth it. Additionally, how good is it with only basic mods (rage, pressure point, volcanic edge) and without a Forma? Is it worth an Orokin Catalyst?

6 hours ago, asianlongdong said:

It'll be a while before those mods, so that'll have to wait for a while. 

How good is the Jat Kittag for Valkyr? Finishing crafting it on Wednesday, hope it was worth it. Additionally, how good is it with only basic mods (rage, pressure point, volcanic edge) and without a Forma? Is it worth an Orokin Catalyst?

Not bad i guess. The Jat Kittag was one of THE weapons before the galatine prime and all those over specific builds made theyr way into the game. It is PROBABLY outclassed by the prime fragor and War in the same damage type but i mean there's that mod 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Vulcan_Blitz

What potentially makes it one of the hardest hitting weapons in the game, especially as impact weapons can profit from this thing too

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Shattering_Impact

what gives you the option to nullify armor with a appropiate attack speed while doing Cc trough the impact status and stances and triggering endless scaling damage upon death.

Yeah, it's an excellent weapon for valkyr.

Without formas, idk? Won't perform to its peak but it has a nice base, both crit and status and valk compensates the missing attack speed pretty good.

Orokin potato depends on if you actually fancy playing it. Try it. Gotta be fun to you. Be assured that it IS a keeper tho. Hell, i just tried this thing in a axie survival with my posted original valk build and jat's ideal...Managed to outdamage 3 aoe frames with ease and we left at the 30 minute mark... Keep in mind that it's able to scale infinitly.

Thx for reminding me this existed. May just become my new main setup.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Well if u r going for valkyr, try getting the Drifting Contact mod. It complements her hysteria. And galatine can allow u to finish the entire star chart but falls off at sorties and that's where the prime variant comes into hand. I m not so sure if atterax is quite strong since the strong builds require the maiming strike mod, and its unfarmable right now. I would definitely recommend getting the lesion. U can get the mutagen mass off the invasions. If u can get some of the normal mods on it to increase its status chance u have a weapon that can wreck sortie 3 ( lv.100). And if u put a Loki with invisibility and lesion together, u can wreck ur way to way beyond sorties.

17 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Not bad i guess. The Jat Kittag was one of THE weapons before the galatine prime and all those over specific builds made theyr way into the game. It is PROBABLY outclassed by the prime fragor and War in the same damage type but i mean there's that mod 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Vulcan_Blitz

What potentially makes it one of the hardest hitting weapons in the game, especially as impact weapons can profit from this thing too

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Shattering_Impact

what gives you the option to nullify armor with a appropiate attack speed while doing Cc trough the impact status and stances and triggering endless scaling damage upon death.

Yeah, it's an excellent weapon for valkyr.

Without formas, idk? Won't perform to its peak but it has a nice base, both crit and status and valk compensates the missing attack speed pretty good.

Orokin potato depends on if you actually fancy playing it. Try it. Gotta be fun to you. Be assured that it IS a keeper tho. Hell, i just tried this thing in a axie survival with my posted original valk build and jat's ideal...Managed to outdamage 3 aoe frames with ease and we left at the 30 minute mark... Keep in mind that it's able to scale infinitly.

Thx for reminding me this existed. May just become my new main setup.

Hahaha no problem. Considering it needs a forma to build, I'm fresh outta them. I suppose it is worth the Forma and Potato then if it's only outclassed by Primes. I won't be getting Galatine Prime for a while (MR13) and same with the Fragor. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, asianlongdong said:

Hahaha no problem. Considering it needs a forma to build, I'm fresh outta them. I suppose it is worth the Forma and Potato then if it's only outclassed by Primes. I won't be getting Galatine Prime for a while (MR13) and same with the Fragor. Thanks.

Np. Vulcan Blitz, the gamemaker on this weapon, dropps on Kela De Thaim on Sedna with a 11% odd on death. Kinda annoying boss as she needs 100 points from her own little arena battles and is easily one of the most troublesome bosses in the game but she's definitly worth the effort. Definitly outclasses ANY type of melee except (debatable) "Covert lethality" daggers (just oneshot EVERYTHING on stealth finisher. Perma single kills tho and enemys need to allow stealth finishers) with its endless scaling aoe.

1 hour ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Np. Vulcan Blitz, the gamemaker on this weapon, dropps on Kela De Thaim on Sedna with a 11% odd on death. Kinda annoying boss as she needs 100 points from her own little arena battles and is easily one of the most troublesome bosses in the game but she's definitly worth the effort. Definitly outclasses ANY type of melee except (debatable) "Covert lethality" daggers (just oneshot EVERYTHING on stealth finisher. Perma single kills tho and enemys need to allow stealth finishers) with its endless scaling aoe.

This game really is grindy, isn't it?

I love every second of it though 

6 minutes ago, asianlongdong said:

This game really is grindy, isn't it?

I love every second of it though 

Only for beginners 😂 You'll start just...getting stuff for optional setups once you have one you're comfortable with. There's also trading that becomes a rather attractive option once you don't exactly "need" platinum any longer while you still get occasionall income from basicly cleaning up your inventory. 

It definitly gets progressively better the longer you play.

10 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Only for beginners 😂 You'll start just...getting stuff for optional setups once you have one you're comfortable with. There's also trading that becomes a rather attractive option once you don't exactly "need" platinum any longer while you still get occasionall income from basicly cleaning up your inventory. 

It definitly gets progressively better the longer you play.

Alright, awesome.

Do you know a good place to find Rage? Been grinding for ages and can't find it, I really want it for my Valkyr and maybe future frames

5 hours ago, asianlongdong said:

Alright, awesome.

Do you know a good place to find Rage? Been grinding for ages and can't find it, I really want it for my Valkyr and maybe future frames

Void containers or Grineer Napalms appearently. Eather go for survivals or fight yourself trough to the void.