Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are ways to improve any weapon or warframe builds you make?

KisaPrime

Question

Lately on the game, I've just felt like my builds are just sucking when it comes to killing any high level enemy. When I mean high level enemies I'm talking about end game and sorties high lvl. Anything below lvl 50 is too easy at this point for me.

What are different ways someone could improve on this? 

Edited by mustache_kitteh

10 answers to this question

Make use of the enemys weaknesses, scan them for the codex so oyu see what tehy are strong against and what they take more damage.

Elemental damage can do alot at times, or use it to weaken them overall like corrosive to strip there armor of.

29 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Make use of the enemys weaknesses, scan them for the codex so oyu see what tehy are strong against and what they take more damage.

Elemental damage can do alot at times, or use it to weaken them overall like corrosive to strip there armor of.

I am doing that sadly, still doesn't feel like it's enough. :sadcry:

6 minutes ago, mustache_kitteh said:

I am doing that sadly, still doesn't feel like it's enough. :sadcry:

What type of enemy are you fighting?  What level are they?  What frame are you using?  What weapon are you using?  Can you post your current builds with level of the mods you are using?

if you feel you are not strong enough then you need to learn and adapt more to the condition, of course the main reasons are your frame/weapon arent strong/modded enough or its not potatoed yet so you cant make it to its best degree, first read many forum about frame/weapon build and what mod that is useful to make it better and better, if you want to make it simple then farm plat for basic mod and potato your frame/weapon to make it stronger

You were very vague in your OP so except a vague answer. That said, your #1 best way to kill high level goons with armor is to get a squad all using corrosive projection. Armor scaling is broken and this takes away armor so all you have to do is mod for viral and you're golden. If you're up against grineer, the 4 auras taking away their shields goes a long way.

Remember the holy trinity. Serration, split chamber, and heavy caliber (primaries) and hornet strike, barrel diffusion, and lethal torrent (secondaries).

If you really want to cheese your way from high level goons, grab a crit melee and shadow step (Naramon focus passive) your way through the mission.

Primed faction mods help if you have them.

1 hour ago, Arcainyx said:

What type of enemy are you fighting?  What level are they?  What frame are you using?  What weapon are you using?  Can you post your current builds with level of the mods you are using?

Sortie level enemies.

Feel like all my frame builds suck. XD

Primary I tend to use my soma prime, amprex, phage, sobek, synoid simulor, tigris prime, and sancti trigris. Secondary I mostly use Vaykor Marlok, atomos, and akstiletto. Melee: Venka Prime, Galatine Prime, Rakta Dark Dagger, Redeemer, and sancti Magistar. I have A LOT more but they all need more forma on them but I'm not sure how to build them well. 

The mods I use are mostly all maxed out even all the primed mods I have. 

Posting all my builds is going to take a bit to get a picture of everything. :D 

1 hour ago, realmofgoddess said:

if you feel you are not strong enough then you need to learn and adapt more to the condition, of course the main reasons are your frame/weapon arent strong/modded enough or its not potatoed yet so you cant make it to its best degree, first read many forum about frame/weapon build and what mod that is useful to make it better and better, if you want to make it simple then farm plat for basic mod and potato your frame/weapon to make it stronger

I know which mods are the useful ones, I basically have all the primed mods and they're basically maxed out, and I never use a frame or weapon that isn't potatoed. 

1 hour ago, mustache_kitteh said:

tigris prime

Mod for 100% status with 4x 60% mods, usually I go for viral+radiation no matter the faction, because the slash procs combined with viral's health reduction just eats anything alive. One shots most sortie1-2 enemies without the need for bleed procs though.

akstiletto

If the prime one then I would go for crit/status hybrid with 3x 60% status and the 2 crit mods. If my memory doesn't fail me that should offer 43% crit with 99% status (2x 60% and 1x90% mods still offer 95% status which is alternative if you want more dmg from it). Usually the weapon i bring for armor stripping if I feel like i need one (against bosses mainly).

Rakta Dark Dagger

Covert Lethality + any frame that can open up targets for finishers (ivara's sleep arrow, inaros 1, excal's blind etc.)

Have not used the other weapons in sorties that you listed, so cannot say anything about them. But other than that, perhaps playstyle issue (not intended as insult)? sortie 2 & 3 enemies can and will kill you fast, so you either have to move (alot) and shoot at the same time, or bring a tanky frame (ice tank chroma, shatter shield mesa, hysteria valkyr, defy wukong etc.) or go invis with loki/ivara (or octavia now too, I guess). Standing still and shooting on your Hydroid gets you killed fast :P

edit: without you being more specific (exact build you're using and against what), it's hard to say anything more.

Edited by Vilmu
typos, 3am is my excuse...