Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Country Skiing - Formerly Known As "melee"

Kyral

I don't know why this has happened and why nobody else has complained about it.

Melee is now as described above "cross country skiing"  - The step-in for attacks has become ridiculously huge. So instead of attacking a mob 2 or 3 times, I glitch/glide/melee right past it and have to turn just to attack it again. When the enemy is right in front of me, I should be able to attack it continously with melee. Not sidestep/glide past it and that's it.

I always enjoyed melee most of the 3 weapon kinds. Now that enjoyment has been robbed from me.

Add at least some way to make me able to attack while standing still. You don't even have to change the animations. But let me stand in one spot and continously hack away!

Add a "disable" option for the step-in or make me hold some key to stand still while attacking, PLEASE!

Just tested it - heat sword still skis along even in crouch.

Haven't got reach, so that shouldn't factor in. Maybe fury?

If it's weapon related, it would be good to know which weapons are affected. So for me, heat sword is definitely a skiing weapon.

Edited by Kyral

I don't think it is related to Reach or Fury, I get the same thing when using my Pangolin sword and I don't have Reach nor Fury equipped.

Also anyone else noticed the first attack in a combo not connecting with targets? Just passing straight through, or is that only my beautiful Pangolin?

Edited by Silraed

I suspect it may have been an attempt to improve the melee mechanics by making it so you don't have to be so close to the enemy that you are basically slow dancing with them. But that in turn has created issues with even hitting them at all.

@Lalaith: That is the second most annyoing thing besides the "skiing past enemy". It's usually the barrel-shaped containers.

So in conclusion:

Certain "special" weapons like Pangolin sword or heat sword create the "skiing" effect. Fury also tends to have that effect on weapons with an already high attack rate (Zorens). So maybe there is a hidden number somewhere that aligns the length of the step-in with the attack rate. Or it's just the attack rate.

"Charged attack" seems not to be affected.

Hypothesis: Slow weapons: It's barely noticable because of the slow swing speed. Weapons witha a very high attack rate create the aforementioned "skiing" effect.

@any Mod: Should we move this to the bug section?

Not sure if this is a bug or an intended feature so let's leave this thread here (in feedback) for now. Personally, that sliding onto containers 'feature' is really, really annoying. It used to be mildly annoying but it's gotten worse. I also dislike the current sliding around enemies 'feature'. Melee has become more hit and miss for me. Quite literally. :(

@DEdevs: Uhm... is this an intended feature? If so, it's a misfeature, imho. Please fix?