Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon the next prime Warframe?

(XBOX)KingZebraCakes

I just hope they don't ruin who Oberon is for the Prime

On April 9, 2017 at 11:52 PM, AmazingMrAirplane said:

Limbo Prime. Because Oberon and Hydriod seriously need buffs. Even if they are next, nobody will really use them.

Why all this hate towards Oberon and Hydroid? What is wrong with Hydroid? His 1 works once you realize the angle the cannonballs fall from, his 2 is great and really fun, 3 is cheesy, but if you use it right, you will never die, 4 is a tentacle party, and passive is ground pound for tentacle fun! Neither are OP, I don't think that warrants a rework as much as having one OP does.

1 hour ago, Ultimate_Vault_Hunter said:

Why all this hate towards Oberon and Hydroid? What is wrong with Hydroid? His 1 works once you realize the angle the cannonballs fall from, his 2 is great and really fun, 3 is cheesy, but if you use it right, you will never die, 4 is a tentacle party, and passive is ground pound for tentacle fun! Neither are OP, I don't think that warrants a rework as much as having one OP does.

There is no hate. They are just easily outclassed by every other warframe. Why use Oberon when you have a Trinity? Why use Hydriod when you have ANY other CC frame or a Nekros for farming?

2 minutes ago, AmazingMrAirplane said:

There is no hate. They are just easily outclassed by every other warframe. Why use Oberon when you have a Trinity? Why use Hydriod when you have ANY other CC frame or a Nekros for farming?

For one, the tentacles just have to touch the enemies. If you have a Nova in your party the bodies disintegrate whole, so Nekros has less to make more out of. Hydroid and Oberon both have a balance of range and close quarters, the only thing I'd change on either is to change out Oberon's Passive, and to unlimit renewal from Health at max.

1 minute ago, Ultimate_Vault_Hunter said:

For one, the tentacles just have to touch the enemies. If you have a Nova in your party the bodies disintegrate whole, so Nekros has less to make more out of. Hydroid and Oberon both have a balance of range and close quarters, the only thing I'd change on either is to change out Oberon's Passive, and to unlimit renewal from Health at max.

You are seeming to take me wrong. I am NOT saying they are bad. I am just saying they are outclassed. They don't have anything special about them other than antlers and an insatiable need to be a pirate. There is no reason to use them when you can use any other frame.

20 minutes ago, Nyaa314 said:

This is false.

No, desecrate works on individual body parts, whole bodies are counted the same as each piece of a slashed up body. And yes, M Prime leaves a whole body to desecrate.

36 minutes ago, AmazingMrAirplane said:

You are seeming to take me wrong. I am NOT saying they are bad. I am just saying they are outclassed. They don't have anything special about them other than antlers and an insatiable need to be a pirate. There is no reason to use them when you can use any other frame.

I won't deny, I like the faun theme of Oberon and I've always wanted to be a pirate. I disagree that they are inherently outclassed because of abilities though. I can agree with most that Oberon's passive was not well thought out, but, Oberon has survivability, as well as Hydroid. When played strategically, there's no reason to call them outclassed, not all frames are made to use their abilities to kill everything, these guys aren't casters.

• 2 weeks later...

I would also like to add, if you build Oberon to have low shield and high health, his heal is much more useable and efficient. Take Hydroid's stats into account as well. His armor does suck, but he is easily just as survivable as Nekros. Nekros is one of my favorites, not just for Desecrate/Despoil, but because of his overall ability set accompanied by an excellent passive. Hydroid I have no problems with, and Oberon I have no problems with other than the passive being so strange in comparison to his ability set.