Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Well that's new...

(XBOX)Kenjamenace

Question

Ok hopefully this is in the right spot, can anyone tell me what has changed since Inaros.

I have played this a various points in it's life, I started on the PS4 way back in the day and moved on to other games.  When I got my Xbox I started playing again and got to rank 5 then I started playing other things until recently.  

My problem is, EVERYTHING has changed and I'm totally lost.

Sooo at rank 5 what should I be doing? I noticed my keys are now relics, how do I get more? Pretty much any help explaining what's changed would be of great help.

10 answers to this question

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/253-xbox-one-update-build-notes/

The changes since can be found here, the topics, says what the main thing in each update was.

Give me a minute and I can list some highlights from it.

Okay:

The new Kela Boss fight Rathuum, While the event is ended you still have to do the prereq's to take her on. 

The obvious star chart changes(specters of the rail), basically set to be more of a path now than a guess what planet comes next.  Complete Junctions to unlock planets.

• This update also change the void keys to relics, which can only be used upon completion of the earth to mars junction, regardless of you progress before the update.  http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Fissure
  • It also changed archwing to be less on rails feeling to genuine 3D.
  • Market changes as well, you can now search, or navigate the market with whatever the button listed at the top left of the screen is.  "B" always exists the market entirely, hit the top left button again to start a new search

The War Within came out and is very spoiler-y if you mind that sort of thing.

NEW Warframes

Nidus and Titania from the Glast Gambit and Silver Grove quests respectively.

Edited by (PS4)gamerpie12

33 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Kenjamenace said:

Ok hopefully this is in the right spot, can anyone tell me what has changed since Inaros.

I have played this a various points in it's life, I started on the PS4 way back in the day and moved on to other games.  When I got my Xbox I started playing again and got to rank 5 then I started playing other things until recently.  

My problem is, EVERYTHING has changed and I'm totally lost.

Sooo at rank 5 what should I be doing? I noticed my keys are now relics, how do I get more? Pretty much any help explaining what's changed would be of great help.

30 minutes ago, Jeahanne said:

A lot has changed, this link may help. I think it's mostly aimed at PC, but it should still give you a look at what's changed.

Ok, sorry I was in the middle of eating when I first posted, so hopefully I can add more now. If you haven't finished up the beginning quest, Vor's Prize, that should be your first focus. It'll unlock a lot of things in your ship for you which is extremely important. After that, I generally suggest you begin unlocking planet nodes, Junctions in particular are important. Junctions will open up new planets for you, but more significantly they will award you with things like Quests, weapon blueprints, and in some cases even warframe component blueprints (in the case of Chroma).

Also, build what you want to try and anything looks interesting. A lot of people will try to tell you that Insert-Thing-Here is useless/crap and don't bother to build it. Early game especially isn't the time to get caught up in what's the "best" and there are many cases where you'll find many things commonly referred to as "bad" are actually quite good. Try whatever catches your fancy and see what weapon types and play styles you like best.

Edited by Jeahanne

Ya I have done a few quests, I currently have Limbi theorum and Destroyed Alad Vs ship.  It's just weird cuz with the map changes I have certain things locked, like I can fo to almost any planet but have random nodes unlocked.  I'm glad I know what the junction are now so thx for that.  As far as wepons I could care less about "good" and if I'm not mistaken that's how you rank up so I might as well use em all anyways, correct?  Like I said I played pretty hard up until I just quit in early 16 I think.

One more question, what items can I trade to my friend that is completely new? Like I have nyx prime and Nova prime BPs and a few of their parts. Can build it and trade or do I have to trade him the BP and parts separately. Same with weapons, I also know about the tax and trade limits I just never actually "did" it

Again thx for all the help and info, I've always loved this game but it can be hard to figure out, especially when it gets changed up so much

24 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Kenjamenace said:

Depending on how long you've been gone, I'd prioitize the "main" quests. This questline consists of Natah, The Second Dream and finally, The War Within. Doing so will make sure you have access to the main features and extra content.

As for Systems changes, the thread Jeahanne linked is a great resource. The main one is the change from Keys to Relics. There haven't been too many other significant overhauls since.

Relics work similar to keys, being they are consumed on use; you also obtain them in the same ways you used to get keys. Before you get into cracking Relics, I highly recommend completing the Earth to Mars Junction. This is an extra node that links these planets (There are several more linking the rest). This only consists of you doing the tasks listed for that junction and then defeating a specter to proceed with clearing it. This is important to do first, as it allows you to upgrade the "quality" of your Relic, enhancing the drop rates for rarer drops it has.

To Open a Relic and claim a reward, you must visit a Void Fissure. These function on a system similar to alerts, in the fact they they appear randomly. However they stay on the same node for up to hours at a time. These are normal missions, apart from the spawning fissures. The spawning fissues will spawn in Corrupted enemies and also corrupt nearby enemies. These enemies will then drop Reactant. Once you obtain 10 reactant and complete the mission, set of waves, or etc. you will then be presented with your reward. If your are in a party, you will see up to 4 rewards based on party size and how many got their reactant, which you are free to choose from. 

Once you open a relic, you are also immediately given Void Traces. This resource is used to upgrade your relics as mentioned before.

Relics have 4 "Qualities":

• Intact - Your base relics with normal drop rate.
  • Exceptional - a slight upgrade to rarer drops, and less chance for common. This takes 25 Traces.
  • Flawless - Same as Exceptional, but higher increase and even less common chance. This takes 50 traces
  • Radiant - Givens the highest chance at a rarer part while also lowering the drop rate for commons to the lowest of the qualities of relics as well. This takes 100 Traces.

Hopefully this information helps you with understanding the relic system. If It wasn't, perhaps the wiki may be able to fill any any gaps. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Void_Relic

Any further questions, feel free to ask as well. :)

Edited by Ruby_Rose_

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Kenjamenace said:

Ya I have done a few quests, I currently have Limbi theorum and Destroyed Alad Vs ship.  It's just weird cuz with the map changes I have certain things locked, like I can fo to almost any planet but have random nodes unlocked.  I'm glad I know what the junction are now so thx for that.  As far as wepons I could care less about "good" and if I'm not mistaken that's how you rank up so I might as well use em all anyways, correct?  Like I said I played pretty hard up until I just quit in early 16 I think.

One more question, what items can I trade to my friend that is completely new? Like I have nyx prime and Nova prime BPs and a few of their parts. Can build it and trade or do I have to trade him the BP and parts separately. Same with weapons, I also know about the tax and trade limits I just never actually "did" it

Again thx for all the help and info, I've always loved this game but it can be hard to figure out, especially when it gets changed up so much

You can't trade items you "built" If it was pre-built parts or they are still BP's you can trade them.

*BP's are only trade-able if they are prime or again special event weapons.

At MR 5 you can't yet access syndicate weapons, but at 6 you can start collecting their secondaries

Edited by (PS4)gamerpie12

Cool cool, and tgatS prime parts/syndicate only correct

Also, can anyone tell me why I can't load into a map now? Every time I try to join a game I get a network error, it let's my load into my ship fine but then I get DCd the moment I load a mission, this literally started right after my initial post.

Also thx again for all the info from all of you, this game can be grind heavy and it's frustrating if you're grinding the wrong direction lol

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Kenjamenace said:

Cool cool, and tgatS prime parts/syndicate only correct

Yep, as long as it drops that way from Fissures it can be traded, as well as most stuff from syndicates. Aside from the Syandanas and that kind of stuff. All the Mods and weapons can be though.

Edited by Ruby_Rose_

That sounds like a bug, or bad internet, if I can get to my ship I can at least start a solo mission.  

(though getting back to the ship may not pan out, such is the problems of crappy wifi)

So if you aren't getting in no matter what you try then run a connection test, if it shows your connection is fine report it.