Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Prime ?

Verixity

Question

Hello I have been playing Warframe and has been enjoying it I have built Loki, Valkyr, Excalibur and Saryn Prime, and I understood their primary roles but when it comes to Ash Prime (I'm currently building it since it's cheap xd) I don't really understand him is he a stealth warframe just like Loki since he has an ability that makes him go invisible and he can teleport or is he a solo damage frame because of his ult or shuriken or is he just both? I'm really confused on what his role is and what mods I should put in him so if possible can you guys also recommend some builds for Ash Prime thanks! (Oh and btw I'm a solo player I really don't like playing with people since it ruins the fun for me hope that helps with builds!)

8 answers to this question

For me ASH/Prime is an assasin type warframe great for taking Down High lvl Enimies and EVEN(Spoiler) Sortie Bosses the way you do this With his 3(Teleport) with the Fatal Teleport Augment and his now least used bladestrom (4) and a build for him would be Power strength/ Efficiency with a augment he used to be a "Nuke" but after they nerfed him his like an assassin 

Edited by ShadowStalker

Ash is mostly a stealth killing frame. A highly underrated one at that. He's one of the better Solo Survival endurance run frames in the game.

As mentioned his Fatal Teleport Augment mixed with a Dagger modded with Covert Lethality will one shot most enemies on any level. Even without a dagger it's quite deadly. He doesn't have quite as much team utility as his brother Loki but he can still help the team on missions with highly armored enemies using his Seeking Shuriken Augment which will 100% strip enemy armor. At higher levels this is effectively removing 90% of their eHP.

I personally mostly play him as a Solo frame.

You want to build Ash for as much duration as possible. After that it will depend what you want to do with him. If you intend to use Bladestorm or a non-dagger Fatal Teleport build then you'll want some Power Strength. If you plan to just use Seeking Shuriken then you'll want at least 145% Power Strength. If you plan to use a Dagger then you don't need Power Strength at all. For the most part you can skip on Power Range and I would lean on status weapons with heavy Slash damage due to his passive for bleed damage. Seeking Shurken works well with guns but I find he's best as a melee frame since he gains melee stealth multipliers.

27 minutes ago, Verixity said:

Hello I have been playing Warframe and has been enjoying it I have built Loki, Valkyr, Excalibur and Saryn Prime, and I understood their primary roles but when it comes to Ash Prime (I'm currently building it since it's cheap xd) I don't really understand him is he a stealth warframe just like Loki since he has an ability that makes him go invisible and he can teleport or is he a solo damage frame because of his ult or shuriken or is he just both? I'm really confused on what his role is and what mods I should put in him so if possible can you guys also recommend some builds for Ash Prime thanks! (Oh and btw I'm a solo player I really don't like playing with people since it ruins the fun for me hope that helps with builds!)

Ash is an assassin/skirmisher.

He can take out high profile targets with ease, as well as go invisible to ambush, escape or just plain avoid detection. However, he also has enough EHP to hold his own in a straight fight. He's no tank, but he's able to take hits if things don't go as planned.

The usual builds are either a mass killer full efficiency+zenurik build. You can also boost his duration for invisibility, as well as adding Smoke Shadow Augment to conceal allies (useful for Rescue missions or Sortie Defense). Or you can go, like me, with a balanced build. Be sure to equip at least one EHP mod (Vitality or, if you have it, Primed Vigor) and Rage. A radar mod also helps.

My current All-purpose build consist of:

Steel Charge (Aura), Handspring (Exilus)

Primed Continuity, Quick Thinking, Steel Fiber, Vitality, Rage, Enemy Sense, ArmoredAgility/Augment (Smoke Shadow, Fatal Teleport or Seeking Shuriken depending on the situation) and Primed Flow

The above answers are spot on, but I like to use ash mostly with melee survival runs.  He can close gaps between enemies pretty much instantly and his passive makes him the most lethal with slash procs.  Weapons like the dread or even the Tigris prime benefit heavily from this, as well as any slash- based melee.  

I build ash mostly for his 1st three abilities.  Bladestorm can be a hassle because you can get stuck in an animation.  Also, with a high enough melee counter and blood rush, a dagger is rarely needed. 

I`d propose another playstyle for him. Fatal Teleport may be really powerful ,but it will get boring after a while to see the same animations. Not only that, it will not work on all enemies, since some of them can not be opened to finishers. 

This one allows you to use all your arsenal at will, while also scaling amazingly. It's more fit for Grineer, but it can its bleed procs can shred corpus rather well. You need Seeking shuriken and 145% power strength and use his 1 to remove 100% of the enemies armor. This will make even a lvl 145 Corrupted Heavy Bombard really easy to kill with a Viral + Fire weapon. It also makes all armor based bosses a walk in the park. 

I stay mostly invisible, since even though he has rather high health, it can drop really quickly if you get hit by heavy units.  

warframe0124_by_skyrim_archmage-db5fk51.

Edited by aligatorno

If I were to use RPG classes then Loki would be a Thief class who has low abilities for killing but more utility while Ash is an Assassin class with high damage abilities but low utility. The build provided by the previous post is the current most used build for him which heavily relies on being invisible so that you can use melee finisher kills with his third more often. The augment in that build is mostly to reduce armour off enemies just to kill them faster.

Edited by Riaxyron

I use ash for stealth too high duration gives me 20s of invisibility, however i have put Arcane Trickery on my ash so once that activates using a finisher damage, which you get using fatal telaport you gain another 20s of invisibility. So smoke shadow then fatal telaport an enemies until arcane is activated will give you 40s of invisibility.