Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Materials/credits From The Platinum Shop.

Ryald

First off, I enjoy playing Warframe very much. I think it's an amazing work of art.

I also understand that those talented individuals working on Warframe need to be paid.

That said... I don't believe selling every single facet of the game for platinum is a good idea.

There is almost nothing you can't just buy with money now and it makes playing seem trivial.

Sure you might get a few people to buy the materials, but I think people are going to put less and less worth to actually playing the game, and we're going to get bored.

I don't think it's too late, you can still remove all the materials and credits from the platinum market and change the direction of the game away from swan diving off that pay-to-win cliff.

This is purely my opinion (obviously) and there is a chance I am the only one that feels this way.

If anyone else feels the same way or has any input, please speak up.

------------

Edit: I may be overreacting to the addition of materials/credits to the platinum market.

My mastery is at 8 right now and I have nearly every weapon in the game other than 2 remaining dojo weapons.

I work from home so I end up with some more free time than the average user and I farmed for every material, that was the hardest part. Seeing everything I just spend days on end working for get tossed up there all at once for plat was shocking to me, that's all.

Edited by Ryald

You can't buy mastery levels. and clan tech is really the only reason you'd bother to buy mats. So I'd say it's fine, not everyone has the time to grind for mats especially when you're working 60+ hours a week.

So i'd say it's fine. i'd rather have geared teammates than ungeared teammates after all~

Most of the good and powerful things you make through crafting require higher Mastery Ranks, which you gain through playing and leveling up equipment.

Not to mention not all materials can be bought on the market.

And just as well, platinum isn't exactly cheap.

all you are buying is convenience, I have no problem with this.

You farm or you pay that's how it works. 

Exactly. I work 50-60 hours weeks. I may not have all the time in the world to play, but still want to have fun with new content.... 

I may be unqualified to weigh in on this matter, since I would never ever pay for resources or credits, but yeah. Selling resources and credits in the shop is just incredibly tacky. I'm not saying if it was a good move or not, it's just ... yuck. Has a slimy feel to it.

I am fine with this.

Patience, self control and a interest in working to achieve goals is all that is needed to not buy materials.

If you do not have the personal traits above then there is a market which DE should cater for.

As of now it is the the most assured way to get materials since it appears the material drop is either broken or made harder to farm.

Some people will blame lack of time for buying these items (which in my opinion is BS in most cases, but just a need to have new items before most people to feel good about themselves).

I feel kinda the same. To me, if they sell a drop rate booster or something like it, would not bother me.

But i don't care much, with time i eventually will don't care anymore.

I actually like the idea of a drop rate booster... far more than just selling the materials.

I understand people have to work and still want to get things in the game in a shorter amount of time, but buying it outright still seems like it trivializes a large part of the game.

Edited by Ryald

Yes you most certainly can.

(unless you're just being sarcastic, in which case disregard.)

Are you talking about the fact that you can just buy most of the weapons/warframes with plat, then get the affinity booster to help powerlevel your mastery?

Edited by Ryald

I'm fine with it cause some ppl cant afford time to farm

but please adjust the drop rate

since now common are rare and rare are common

I've never seen any salvage  drop

There's something screwy going on with the drop rate right now, some missions are giving 10+ Control Modules in 1 run. :(

Edited by Ryald

Seeing everything I just spend days on end working for get tossed up there all at once for plat was shocking to me, that's all.

Exactly right - good point. This change devalues the worth of mats by providing a direct 1:1 $cash$ for Materials correlation. Previously, crafting something actually meant something since you had to obtain the materials the "hard" way: by actually playing the game. Now, you don't even have to do that anymore.

For those who are saying they don't have enough time to actually play the game and would rather just pay $$ instead of actually playing the game, I agree that there should be a way to fast-track yourselves so the game will better fit into your limited gaming hours. But a direct cash-for-mats is not the way it should be done. There are other ways to achieve the same or similar results that look less seedy and douchebag-ery.

There's something screwy going on with the drop rate right now, some missions are giving 10+ Control Modules in 1 run. :(

:( I also got 10+ neural sensor in one run instead of 500+ of salvage

this is ridiculous and need fix ASAP.

I'm sorry but someone has to say it.

I find it disgusting to pay to not play the game.

I'm disgusted this concept even exists.

I'm disgusted that this concept is being accepted.

This is insane. People. Think about it.

You expend real life resources to not achieve something. Its like...arkham asylum levels of insane.

Why remove it?

For resources the exchange rate is quite high and you will spend ton of platinum if you would want to craft something, for some weapons its worth buying them whole for platinum. Only deal i can see here is rushing dojo rooms, dojo research or getting few resources that are missing right now to build your badonkadong of ultimate pwnage 9000. Credits are plain not worth, just get void key pack and swim in the pool of credits or play the game.

Afterall its free2play game, can you get resources by not paying? Yes you can, duh. Why are you so afraid that someone will pay money to get them and accelerate their progress. Its just normal model of play and farm or pay and get it faster, its not like the game is competitive and you would get superb amount of power that you would use against other player (duels in dojo argument? just go away and get yourself informed), so no pay2win going on here, especialy in co-op game.

Seriously, are those topics of just unmature players, that got angry because stuff is changing and you cant comprehend it? The only big problem right now are broken rare resources that got switched with uncommon ones and drop like Grineer Lancers on Mercury.

I'm sorry but someone has to say it.

I find it disgusting to pay to not play the game.

I'm disgusted this concept even exists.

I'm disgusted that this concept is being accepted.

This is insane. People. Think about it.

You expend real life resources to not achieve something. Its like...arkham asylum levels of insane.

This.

Sure if you work you have a limited amount of time, but let's be serious. This game is just about getting better items and killing things with those items until you get more items. While you're farming these materials your items will level up and, assuming RNG is on your side, you'll be able to have an item or two in waiting as you're ranking up one. Buying stuff like helmets, things you can only get for alert rewards, and the like are understandable cause they're hard to get... but materials are a natural part of the game. If you're playing you're gaining them.

And finally, if you don't have time do 2 or 3 runs on a boss, what are you doing spending $50 on the game?

I personally don't find it to be a big deal, but I can see where it would upset a lot of people. Some people spend a lot of time farming, saying "Oh, you can just outright buy this mat for this amount" is a slap in the face for some people. They may feel the time put into farming is heavily devalued. It might not make sense to some people, but there was a bit of a sense of accomplishment that now has a price tag. If DE needed money, they probably could have built upon the crafting/foundry system, maybe adding something like engineers you could hire to build whatever item, with a added effect. One maybe having "Remove need for target Resource" or "Returns random common/uncommon/rare resource" or "Comes preloaded with random up to common/uncommon/rare with no energy drain until removed" and of course, build time reduction.

Different agents or "engineers" could have contracts and either time limits or uses, and of course tiers. Charge plat for the highest tier and make them alert/daily contract drops, or random drop on capture mission.

Eh, kind of a ramble, but, I'm just saying: add and charge for new content, don't change a system people are used to, people won't be happy. Sorry for mistakes, on phone.

They should not be removed, but they should rethink the pricing, in addition to making at least the common materials available for credits.
Why?
Because there is no reason to buy the materials or credits.

A potato blueprint uses three rare materials, which, from the market, would cost 30 platinum.
A potato costs 20 platinum on the market.

It takes 105k credits to make Afuris. Buying credits, it would be over 270 platinum.
The Afuris costs 225 platinum.

And so on.
Here's more detail:
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/78134-about-the-credit-and-resource-bundles/

You can't buy mastery levels. 

Technically you can buy mastery.  Buy a frame for platinum and buy an experience booster.  If you are wearing 3 weapons that are not level 30 your Rank gains at incredible speed.  So yea, you can buy mastery rank.

Yeah there's also one other minor... problem... all of the farming spots I used to get resources have... died post resource drop rate fix. This resources in cash shop is simply "yo guys give us money". Sucks to because I actually liked the game, the fiasco with clan dojo scaling too to long to implement the old timers like myself quit and now there after money from a smaller player base.