Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Feedback For Today - Update 9 Made It Bloody Unplayable

Sethrea

I was really excited about a bunch of the changes, but I've spend most of my playing time today fighting the bloody UI and the bottom line is - I just can't play anymore..

- exterminate corpus missions crash, burn and won't start. They also, like many other random things...

- ... bug the new UI out, requiring a re-log, but...

- ... now on re-log my account name is not saved, so I have to re-type the hole bloody thing each time. All the time, thanks to the new UI

- infested exterminate missions are impossible to do, 100% of them have enemies no longer on radar or - a new one for me - enemies in rooms that can't be accessed

- active player groups don't show on mission map anymore, if I hope to find a group fast, I have to hover over each and every mission

- if I managed to find a group and we stayed together through the end (woah, mission didn't bug out!) and we want to stick together... it won't show who's voting on what..!

- want to coordinate aura? Ask everyone what they have. Need to re-adjust who brings what, better hope they have energy points for it, right polarity etc... seriously?

- Alerts joining seems hit or miss, bugs out on me all the time. I seem to be joining the normal mission on Mercury rather than alert, wth?

Even though I barely started Warframe, i am already putting it aside, hoping this mess gets fixed soon.

It's just not worth my time, wondering if I will even be able to start a mission and if I start it, will I be able to finish it or will stuff burn.

I know this is Beta but DE seriously, the new UI seems so untested... it's beyond terrible.

Edited by Sethrea

I have a problem with the resources.  I cannot pick up ferrite because all I get are "rare" resources...  They have really destroyed the rarity system in this game.  I got 10 morphics in two games...  It would have taken me many runs to get that prior.  Did I waste all that time farming prior or are people now getting hand outs?

Both, but mainly the second one.

This is absurd.

I have a problem with the resources.  I cannot pick up ferrite because all I get are "rare" resources...  They have really destroyed the rarity system in this game.  I got 10 morphics in two games...  It would have taken me many runs to get that prior.  Did I waste all that time farming prior or are people now getting hand outs?

Both, but mainly the second one.

This is absurd.

This has been happening to me too, really fustrating. Rare materials are supposed to be rare for a reason. I'll end up getting 5000 morphics before I get my 5000 ferrite. 

Please add back the icon for which planets have active groups on them. It's really annoying to find a group now. Beyond that though I can't complain too much just after a patch is the time for the most bugs. I expect a number of hot-fixes.

There is also a huge problem with alerts and nightmare missions; crashing. The first post mentioned it but I feel I need to address this once more. Normal missions seem to be fine (so far from what I've seen) but I practically crash every time I try to do an alert or a nightmare mission. Its rather frustrating. And the rarity drop of this game makes it feel too easy to get resources now and its even more irritating because it took me a day before the patch came out to get some gallium and control modules. Now with the patch, I got THREE control modules from a single mission. It feels like a waste of my time trying to grind for them.

The new patch is making me lose incentive. Loved the game till this patch came out. 

Edited by Sandoom

C'mon, this is some of DE's Bug Addition Team's best work ! It'll stretch the skills of thier archenemy, the Guy Who Fixes Bugs to the very limit !

Yeah though, this is still a beta and even though beta testers shouldn't be a substitute for a QA team, we are sometimes used as an extension of a QA team. Mostly due to a lot of bugs will be more readilly apparent when you have a huge population tripping over them.

The balance issues for new players though, thats a genuine male chicken up.

You expect new and frustrating bugs in a game still in Beta, but I've had more issues with Warframe screwing me over with each new update than I've had since WoW (I never played a Paladin, not enough soap to wash off that shame).  If it isn't my favorite 'Frame getting nerfed imaginatively, then it's usually a stability issue.  Also, the drop rate thing has been bugging me too.  The supposed uncommon resource in some places drops less often then the rare, or some paramutation of that formula.

I am happy to say that the balance of the game seems to be a bigger problem for me then the other glitches, but I'm all too familiar with falling through the level, doors leading to a wall, or the occasional enemy in an exterminate spawning outside of the level.  I like how much smoother the game plays, even if there's less content that's playable.  The forced "nightmare" thing is just a load of bull, an it isn't fun.  I can't get any friends to run it, and the usable 'Frames aren't  cutting it.  Guess this is the Devs way of making more content unplayable.  after all, if glitches don't screw you, then honest bad game mechanics are sure to make the experience unfun.