The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Horrible framerate and stuttering after U20.2.0

BenzinNinJa

After update 20.2.0 my FPS has dropped from around 60 on average to hovering around 30, and the image generally stutters a lot

I've been running with everything set as high as possible, with only Motion blur and Depth of field turned off, in Borderless windowed mode in a 4K resolution.
Hardware is Asus Z97-A, i7 4770K, GTX970 Windforce 4GB, 32GB of Corsair Dominator RAM, Samsung SSD 950 NVME.

Turning settings down to medium didn't help anything.
Disabling DirectX10 (and only keeping DirectX11 on) in the launcher did nothing.
Switching from borderless windowed to regular full screen resulted in the screen blinking black a bunch of times, and then going regular windowed mode instead.

I'd highly recommend to keep flipping through the settings and try to find the culprit. Could really help pin the problem down, and you might as well try to get your fps back up until it gets fixed.

anti aliasing would be the first thing I'd check, followed by all the lighting stuff.

Worst case lowering your resolution should give you all the boost you'd need. If it doesn't, something outside of WF might be going very wrong. 

• 1 month later...